Introduction

timothyhhsu

My real name is Hung-Tsung Hsu, which could be difficult for many people. Just call me Timothy.

I am a Christian, a non-denominational Christian. I accept baptism for 23 to 24 years already.

The purpose for me to register on TOL is that I would like to ask or discuss some questions about the contents in Bible. Most of the questions that I come up with will be those that I cannot fully understand.

I got one question today. Noah planted a vineyard after his family survived the flood and came out from the Ark. Noah drank the wine and became drunk, and he uncovered himself in his tent. His son Ham saw the nakedness and told his brothers outside. Because Ham did this behavior, Noah said that Canaan should be cursed.

Why was Ham not cursed? But, instead, Ham's son, Canaan was cursed?

leuchtturm

BANNED
Banned
Welcome, I'm a fellow newbie. Interesting question, but I don't know. When I have a little time later today I will take a closer look.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Warm welcome :wave:

You might have asked why because of Adam and Eve's sin do we all die? I know the answer to that is because we all were in Adam....The Noah question needs a little more prayerful study....maybe somebody will have the answer. :)

alwight

I got one question today. Noah planted a vineyard after his family survived the flood and came out from the Ark. Noah drank the wine and became drunk, and he uncovered himself in his tent. His son Ham saw the nakedness and told his brothers outside. Because Ham did this behavior, Noah said that Canaan should be cursed.

Hi timothyhhsu,
Welcome.
Surely you know what it is generally suggested that Ham did to Noah before telling his brothers? As a non-believer myself your question would be something I might put to believers but not something that I'd expect many would be particularly keen to respond to.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My real name is Hung-Tsung Hsu, which could be difficult for many people. Just call me Timothy.

I am a Christian, a non-denominational Christian. I accept baptism for 23 to 24 years already.

The purpose for me to register on TOL is that I would like to ask or discuss some questions about the contents in Bible. Most of the questions that I come up with will be those that I cannot fully understand.

Hi, and welcome to TOL.

It is believed by some that the following verses explain what happened.

Leviticus 18 KJV
(8) The nakedness of thy father's wife shalt thou not uncover: it is thy father's nakedness.

Leviticus 20 KJV
(11) And the man that lieth with his father's wife hath uncovered his father's nakedness: both of them shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Having sex with your father's wife is called "uncovering his nakedness".
The child born of that union (Canaan) would be the cursed child.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Hi timothyhhsu,
Welcome.
Surely you know what it is generally suggested that Ham did to Noah before telling his brothers? As a non-believer myself your question would be something I might put to believers but not something that I'd expect many would be particularly keen to respond to.

He's not asking about what Ham did Al he is asking a more difficult question.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Some people just like to ask difficult questions. :juggle:
One post wonder?

I hope not, the Holy Spirit is moving powerfully in the Chinese world....literally MILLIONS are being swept into the Kingdom. He may be from Singapore. :)

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

welcome to tol
I hope you have already read the new testament
if not
based on your question
you will never get to it

timothyhhsu

Hello,

I am Timothy Hsu. I am from Taiwan. I had lived in Arizona for two years, in Delaware for one year, and in Miami for three years.

I already read the New Testament for about four to five times.

The question is difficult. I ask the question because I want to understand the answer.

Many thanks to the ones who offer the answers.

False Prophet

Welcome aboard!
Acceptance is the answer to all my problems.
And Noah awoke from his wine, and knew what his youngest son had done unto him.
25And he said, Cursed be Canaan; A servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren. Gen 9
No answer is given. Noah just did what he did.