Intro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Hello, I am a student of philosophy and religion. I am excited to learn from you all and discuss such interesting topics as these.

Welcome. :e4e: It will likely be slow around here for a little while. Don't take a lack of immediate response as anything other than a holiday lag.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Kant is a favorite of mine too. I think the Categorical Imperative is brilliant, thought it could use a little tweaking. ;)

I like what he says about enlightenment and duty

when I first joined TOL and mentioned Socrates, I was immediately told that he was in hell but I got over it

a newbie is limited so until you have enough posts and time you will not be able to do certain things

when I first joined TOL and mentioned Socrates, I was immediately told that he was in hell

Haha, weak. I'm sure hes better off then we think. He was a better person than a lot of theists I've run across. And on a purely historic level, there's a lot of uncanny parallels between the life of Socrates and the of Christ. I'm not comparing them on a spiritual level, but like I say, some of the events line up in an odd way.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Haha, weak. I'm sure hes better off then we think. He was a better person than a lot of theists I've run across. And on a purely historic level, there's a lot of uncanny parallels between the life of Socrates and the of Christ. I'm not comparing them on a spiritual level, but like I say, some of the events line up in an odd way.

maybe you could start a thread about why he isn't in hell

we have a lot of people here that know who is going to hell
and
who is already there

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So ... you do your thinking in the dark?

Welcome to TOL. Prepare to come into the light. :cool:

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Welcome to TOL, Socratic Spelunker! :wave:

I like philosophy, too. I think it's a very important discipline for a balanced worldview.
Theology used to be called 'the queen of sciences and philosophy her handmaiden'. (You probably already knew that)

Welcome to TOL, Socratic Spelunker! :wave:

I like philosophy, too. I think it's a very important discipline for a balanced worldview.
Theology used to be called 'the queen of sciences and philosophy her handmaiden'. (You probably already knew that)

I didnt know that, but I like it

Status
Not open for further replies.