Intro/Questions :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

branch

Since I was trying to figure out how to send a message to other users, and could not find it, I decided I would ask here as well as introduce myself if any cared ;)

So my question is, are you able to message others on the boards? If so, how? (easy question i am sure)

Here goes the intro.
My name is Trey and I will be a senior at Texas A&M this Fall (whoop!). I am currently engaged to a wonderful supportive fiancé/soon to be wife on June 12th. I am studying Technology Management and hoping to go into seminary school once out of college to get my Masters of Divinity. I hope this forum will help me grown in faith and learn more about myself :juggle:

GuySmiley

Since I was trying to figure out how to send a message to other users, and could not find it, I decided I would ask here as well as introduce myself if any cared ;)

So my question is, are you able to message others on the boards? If so, how? (easy question i am sure)

Here goes the intro.
My name is Trey and I will be a senior at Texas A&M this Fall (whoop!). I am currently engaged to a wonderful supportive fiancé/soon to be wife on June 12th. I am studying Technology Management and hoping to go into seminary school once out of college to get my Masters of Divinity. I hope this forum will help me grown in faith and learn more about myself :juggle:
Welcome! I think to massage others you'd need physical contact, so no. But enjoy your time here!

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Welcome to the forum, Trey and congrats on your engagement! :)

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
are you able to message others on the boards? If so, how?
Yes, you can. You might have to wait till you've reached "Registered Plus" status (50 posts and 2 weeks, I believe. It might be "or").

I am ... hoping to go into seminary school once out of college to get my Masters of Divinity.

Why?

I hope this forum will help me grown in faith and learn more about myself :juggle:
It's done that before :thumb:

:think: Mind you, it's also sent some packing, with their tails between their legs, crying to momma ... :eek:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Here goes the intro.
Thanks for the assist. Otherwise I'm sure we'd all be wondering just who you were talking about. :plain:
My name is Trey and I will be a senior at Texas A&M this Fall (whoop!).
Well Roll Tide, Trey. :D I shouldn't pick on you, we've done enough to your university...
I am currently engaged to a wonderful supportive fiancé/soon to be wife on June 12th.
:thumb:
I am studying Technology Management and hoping to go into seminary school once out of college to get my Masters of Divinity.
That's an interesting combination. Best of luck. :e4e:
I hope this forum will help me grown in faith and learn more about myself :juggle:
And good luck with that as well...:think: I'm angling for a free pony, but your goal is alright too.

Welcome! :wave2:

HandyAtheist

Trey, I'm interested in something you said. "I hope this forum will help me grown in faith and learn more about myself." What does it mean to grow in your faith? Are you not already faithful? I think your desire to learn about yourself is both admirable and humble. If you are truly interested in learning about yourself, it's certainly a good idea to remain intellectually honest. Glad to see another n00b. :)

Aimiel

If one isn't growing, one has become stagnant, and needs to be thrown out (recycled). Welcome Trey, and congratulations on your engagement, as well as your scholastic achievements. Hope to see you here after your honeymoon. Friday, think long and hard before you take the plunge. It's a lifetime commitment. :thumb:

branch

Now that I am back from the honeymoon and the wife is unpacking some new gifts, I have some time to respond. so here we go all at once :)

That's an interesting combination. Best of luck. :e4e:
aint it? ;) This is what happens when you feel called to a different career route with 30 hours to go in your undergrad studies.

And good luck with that as well...:think: I'm angling for a free pony, but your goal is alright too.

You see, I thought of this too (miniature pony though). However, the other stuff sounded better at the time. It's a constant inner battle. :box:

If one isn't growing, one has become stagnant, and needs to be thrown out (recycled). Welcome Trey, and congratulations on your engagement, as well as your scholastic achievements. Hope to see you here after your honeymoon. Friday, think long and hard before you take the plunge. It's a lifetime commitment. :thumb:
:thumb:

Trey, I'm interested in something you said. "I hope this forum will help me grown in faith and learn more about myself." What does it mean to grow in your faith? Are you not already faithful? I think your desire to learn about yourself is both admirable and humble. If you are truly interested in learning about yourself, it's certainly a good idea to remain intellectually honest. Glad to see another n00b. :)

We have to stick together.... right?

branch

Welcome! What seminaries do you have in mind for the MDiv?

I recommend a free seminary: http://www.tnars.com

AMR

I have not heard of this. I will look into it. I have two that I have been looking at, Brite Divinity and Phillips Seminary. I have visited Brite and the campus is amazing. Thats all that matters to a Seminary school, right? If the campus looks good, go for it? The faculty and staff that I met were extremely nice as well. They took the time to talk with you about your vocation and any questions you had. I have not yet sat in on a class yet, but will be doing that this Fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.