Hihi

DianaKrakow

Hello. I'm new here and new to a lot actually. I've never had religion involved in my life but I've been looking to change that. I've been online a lot and listening to many great people on youtube mostly, I really like Ron Vietti. I especially like his little challenges. I'm looking for where I can find more people like him, a pastor I can listen to online. Does anyone know anyone like him or his church VBF? Where they live stream a lot? I'm from CA but a little far from him and I'm struggling a place locally for myself where I fit in.

I like people that challenge me to be a better person, what are other online communities I can check out? I'm really eager to explore what these great people can offer. Is there a forum for that kind of stuff here specifically?

edit-
I'm looking around the site trying to figure it out. What would you guys say, that you are truly all about? Are there little niche communities here? I'm a woman who finds it difficult to put her views in a single category. What should I know about this site that isn't outright said?

Last edited:

bybee

Hello. I'm new here and new to a lot actually. I've never had religion involved in my life but I've been looking to change that. I've been online a lot and listening to many great people on youtube mostly, I really like Ron Vietti. I especially like his little challenges. I'm looking for where I can find more people like him, a pastor I can listen to online. Does anyone know anyone like him or his church VBF? Where they live stream a lot? I'm from CA but a little far from him and I'm struggling a place locally for myself where I fit in.

I like people that challenge me to be a better person, what are other online communities I can check out? I'm really eager to explore what these great people can offer. Is there a forum for that kind of stuff here specifically?

edit-
I'm looking around the site trying to figure it out. What would you guys say, that you are truly all about? Are there little niche communities here? I'm a woman who finds it difficult to put her views in a single category. What should I know about this site that isn't outright said?

It is good to check out a variety of categories, a variety of threads and a variety of posters.
The sharing here ranges from very involved theological ideas and beliefs to any number of isms and chisms!
We pray for each other. We scold each other and we share ups and downs as we develop friendships and sparring areas.
Welcome! You may learn a lot here!

DianaKrakow

thank you!

thank you!

It is good to check out a variety of categories, a variety of threads and a variety of posters.
The sharing here ranges from very involved theological ideas and beliefs to any number of isms and chisms!
We pray for each other. We scold each other and we share ups and downs as we develop friendships and sparring areas.
Welcome! You may learn a lot here!

Okay good. I'm looking for a place with diversity :D Thank you

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
welcome-4.gif

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

Don't get 'religion'.....get relationship with the Creator.

I hope you meet challenges here for your betterment. Not all of them will be necessarily. I guess it depends on how you respond.
There are a lot of good people here who desire good for you, though.

edit-

It takes a while to figure things out here, if ever.

What 'we're' about are a lot of different positions on truth.
Many of us agree, well.......mostly.
There are communities of people who more or less see things the same.

You should know that you need a tough skin to endure here.

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
Miss D- there are tons of opinions here. If you are looking for "religion"- head to the Holy Bible and find Christ. If you are looking for opinion, TOL is the place. In the last 3+ years on TOL I have made friends, enemies, and learned SO very much. DO NOT LET the vitriol and nastiness change who you are. I got caught up in that crap. Thats the internet. The BEST place for you to FIND anything is the Holy Bible, if thats what you're looking for.

Wise, smart, MATURE(I don't mean old, Bybee, Totts, Kat and Tam...:chuckle:), loving women to whom I would send you for wisdom: Bybee, Ktoyou, Inzl Kett, Tambora, Totton, and Rusha(Not a christian, but an awesome lady).

I wish you good luck in your time here. Use your mind and your heart. A lot.

eddie17

Hi you will see a lot of hatred on here,which makes me weep tbh,but if you can stay true all will be good.I dont know if it may be your kettle of fish but if you like debates try William craig,alvin platinga,mike licona just to name a few..........And plz check gary habermas for historical facts on jesus hes brilliant imo.May god be with you.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Miss D- there are tons of opinions here. If you are looking for "religion"- head to the Holy Bible and find Christ. If you are looking for opinion, TOL is the place. In the last 3+ years on TOL I have made friends, enemies, and learned SO very much. DO NOT LET the vitriol and nastiness change who you are. I got caught up in that crap. Thats the internet. The BEST place for you to FIND anything is the Holy Bible, if thats what you're looking for.

Wise, smart, MATURE(I don't mean old, Bybee, Totts, Kat and Tam...:chuckle:), loving women to whom I would send you for wisdom: Bybee, Ktoyou, Inzl Kett, Tambora, Totton, and Rusha(Not a christian, but an awesome lady).

I wish you good luck in your time here. Use your mind and your heart. A lot.
I'm abashed Mr Deets that you have even read me, I see little of you until recently...I liked what I did see very much. :)

Now let me say this...I agree there is alot of hate and alot [aLOT] of muck on TOL, but don't you realize that there was when Jesus walked and talked among the people?....don't you see the hot quarrels Paul had with detractors?

Don't you understand that it is seldom anyone makes an ado at many churches for example, that's because the people are dead or asleep, the devil won't trouble them...if there is something precious, that's where he will kick up a dust storm.

Oh hello Diane...I just noticed you there :wave2:

You might check out Joseph Prince ministries :)

I just remembered the first time we see Jesus in church...immediately a man with an unclean spirit cried out.

IMJerusha

edit-

Ditch religion and go for faith!...Steko's word in this regard absolutely spot on! Welcome to TOL!