Hi

Status
Not open for further replies.

emjae

Not so sure I'll be joining in many of the discussions here as I'm not much of a debater but I do like to increase my knowledge.

csuguy

I have a question for you! How do Messianic Jews understand the Law and all of the various Jewish Holidays and such in light of the New Covenant and Priesthood? What parts do they hold as applicable to us today?

What canon do you use? Protestant, Catholic, another one?

frostmanj

Subscriber
I have a question for you! How do Messianic Jews understand the Law and all of the various Jewish Holidays and such in light of the New Covenant and Priesthood? What parts do they hold as applicable to us today?

Welcome csuguy. As you can tell, your thoughts are not only appreciated, but asked for. Best bet is to dive in and get started.:wave:

csuguy

Welcome csuguy. As you can tell, your thoughts are not only appreciated, but asked for. Best bet is to dive in and get started.:wave:

Welcome? :squint:

You do realize I'm not new to this site, right? But thank you all the same :chuckle:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Welcome? :squint:

You do realize I'm not new to this site, right? But thank you all the same :chuckle:
:think: Maybe it's the thinking part he was addressing. :eek:

Not so sure I'll be joining in many of the discussions here as I'm not much of a debater but I do like to increase my knowledge.
Oh, yeah...welcome to the quiet kid as well. :e4e:

emjae

Thank you for the welcome.

Doctrinal beliefs under the banner of Messianic Judaism are as diverse as they are within Christianity. Therefore I can only share with you, my point of view.

To me, the Law is the wisdom of God and His instruction for right living.
I keep it not as a means to attain my salvation but rather as a demonstration of my love for and desire to be obedient to Him.
(I do believe, that this is a general, all round understanding for most Torah observant Messianic believers)

I see in the feasts of God, His plan for the restoration of humankind through our Messiah Yeshua (Jesus). They hold an historical and a spiritual significance.
(Many MJ's believe the feast of Sukkot (Tabernacles) to be a more probable birth date of the Messiah.)

Hebrews 7:12 "For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law"

Yeshua said:
Matthew 5:17 “Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. 18 For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled.

I adhere to whatever is relevant to me.....and I certainly don't 'stone' anybody.

I have more than a dozen versions of the Scriptures in english hebrew and greek and use all of them.

csuguy

Thank you for the welcome.

Doctrinal beliefs under the banner of Messianic Judaism are as diverse as they are within Christianity. Therefore I can only share with you, my point of view.

To me, the Law is the wisdom of God and His instruction for right living.
I keep it not as a means to attain my salvation but rather as a demonstration of my love for and desire to be obedient to Him.
(I do believe, that this is a general, all round understanding for most Torah observant Messianic believers)

I see in the feasts of God, His plan for the restoration of humankind through our Messiah Yeshua (Jesus). They hold an historical and a spiritual significance.
(Many MJ's believe the feast of Sukkot (Tabernacles) to be a more probable birth date of the Messiah.)

Hebrews 7:12 "For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law"

Yeshua said:
Matthew 5:17 “Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. 18 For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled.

I adhere to whatever is relevant to me.....and I certainly don't 'stone' anybody.

I have more than a dozen versions of the Scriptures in english hebrew and greek and use all of them.

:thumb: I like your view points

Only thing I would say is that I don't think most Christians (*being optimistic here*) believe Christ was actually born on Christmas. It is common knowledge that Christmas is pagan in origin, modified a bit by the Catholics to make it a "Christian" holiday.

emjae

:thumb: I like your view points

Only thing I would say is that I don't think most Christians (*being optimistic here*) believe Christ was actually born on Christmas. It is common knowledge that Christmas is pagan in origin, modified a bit by the Catholics to make it a "Christian" holiday.

You're right. Most do not believe it to be the actual date of Yeshua's birth. But you might be surprised at the amount of Christians who do.
Keeping Christmas is something that still baffles me though.

Thank you all for your kind welcome.

emjae

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
You're right. Most do not believe it to be the actual date of Yeshua's birth. But you might be surprised at the amount of Christians who do.
Keeping Christmas is something that still baffles me though.

Thank you all for your kind welcome.

emjae

what difference does it make when He was born?

setting aside a date for it does make a difference

Status
Not open for further replies.