Hello there all, and what gives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacDiarmaid

hey there everyone. My name is David, I am a Pentecostal, I attended Living Hope Apostolic Church, and believe in a pan-Christianity.

Now.....What's up with the avatar selection, and no Arizona Cardinals in the selection menu? We are about to destroy Philadelphia and head to the bowl, but no avatar? Conspiracy me thinks.....

Anyway, if anyone wishes to chat, feel free.

DXPose

BANNED
Banned
Hello & Welcome to TOL! :e4e:

Can't help you about the avatars, and I don't care about sports, but I want to know what "pan-Christianity" is?

MacDiarmaid

Ah, pan-Christianity. I belong to the Oneness doctrine, or, incorrectly labeled "Jesus only". The bulk of Christianity subscribes to the belief of Trinitarianism. I do not like either of these terms, nor do I particularly enjoy the factionalism of the Church. I would like to see both terms disappear and be replaced merely by the term "Christian". It's laughable that both sides of this can sit there and talk so much trash about fellow Christians, while at the same time considering themselves Godly.

DXPose

BANNED
Banned
Ah, pan-Christianity. I belong to the Oneness doctrine, or, incorrectly labeled "Jesus only". The bulk of Christianity subscribes to the belief of Trinitarianism. I do not like either of these terms, nor do I particularly enjoy the factionalism of the Church. I would like to see both terms disappear and be replaced merely by the term "Christian".

So Oneness Pentecostal theology affirms that there exists only one God in all the universe, and it affirms the deity of Jesus and the Holy Spirit. However, Oneness theology denies the Trinity and teaches that God is a single person, correct?

What do you make of this verse in Genesis:

Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness..." - vs.1:26

Why would God refer to Himself in the plural if He is a singular being?

Further, how could Jesus (God's Son) be manifested into a man and pray to the Father while He was living on earth if He is the same person? Was He just praying to Himself? :confused:

bucksplasher

Hi

Hi

welcome to TOL and may your posting be helpful to you and all. tWINs

PS More a baseball fan myself...bring on spring.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:wave2:

Welcome to TOL.

A pan Christian? Really? What is . . . .

I belong to the "Church of What's Happening Now"
And we use evrything in the kitchen, pans, pots, etc.

:rotfl:

MacDiarmaid

Wow, I see I missed some good posts, lousy sleep....

Anyway, I have envisioned a pan-Christianity since I came to the Church (I was raised Conservative Jewish). The idea appeals to me, because no offense to my brethren, Christian leaders it seems have easier times agreeing to disagree. Of course, there are exceptions, cough Northern Ireland cough, but even that seems to be getting better. Who knows, it's a dream, and I don't plan on leading a charge anytime soon.

Also, Dxpose, I do not wish to get into mudslinging. As this argument can go forever. But I will ask this.

Read before Genesis 1:26 and you will see no mention is made of him creating anyone with him. if you want to ask why Jesus prayed (good question) also ask why God spoke to himself in Genesis, when he merely can think something into existence. Also, we can all agree that Jesus was more than mere man. We also agree that he knew of his death, and went willingly. Why then did he ask God why he had been forsaken?
And of course...
Sh'ma Yisroel Adonai Eloheinu Adonai echad
Or, "Hear of Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one"
not...
Sh'ma Yisroel Adonai Eloheinu Adonai shalosh

Status
Not open for further replies.