ECT Has this prophecy been fulfilled? If so, when?

musterion

Then He said unto me, "Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel. 'Behold,' they say, 'our bones are dried up, and our hope is lost; we are clean cut off!'

"Therefore prophesy, and say unto them, 'Thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Behold, I will open your graves and cause you to come up out of your graves, O my people; and I will bring you into the land of Israel. And ye shall know that I am Jehovah, when I have opened your graves and caused you to come up out of your graves, O my people. And I will put My Spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I will place you in your own land: and ye shall know that I, Jehovah, have spoken it and performed it, saith Jehovah.' "

Ezekiel 37

Has this happened? If so, when did it happen?

Interplanner

Then He said unto me, "Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel. 'Behold,' they say, 'our bones are dried up, and our hope is lost; we are clean cut off!'

"Therefore prophesy, and say unto them, 'Thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Behold, I will open your graves and cause you to come up out of your graves, O my people; and I will bring you into the land of Israel. And ye shall know that I am Jehovah, when I have opened your graves and caused you to come up out of your graves, O my people. And I will put My Spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I will place you in your own land: and ye shall know that I, Jehovah, have spoken it and performed it, saith Jehovah.' "

Ezekiel 37

More 'gotcha' theology. The NT uses the OT 2500 times. Go master those. Find a version that notates the quotes. If you still have time when that is all done, then you can try to figure out the bones. I hope you realize it is not going to be quite literal. If you don't find the NT speaking clearly about an OT passage, don't be too concerned about what it means. There are 2500 others that it is.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
www.MessenTools.com-Frutas-skeleton.gif
Isn't it silly to prophesy to bones? :AMR:

"Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel [Ezek. 37:12].

After reading this verse, someone is apt to say, “Wait a minute. You said this vision was not concerning physical resurrection.” I still insist upon that. Let’s drop down to verse 21:

And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land [Ezek. 37:21].

This is what God meant in verse 12 when He said, “I will cause you to come up out of your graves.” Israel is buried in the nations of the world, and they are to be brought back and become a nation again.

I want to say something very carefully now concerning the three stages of the bones Ezekiel saw. I have said they are the key to understanding the future of the nation Israel, and I now want to add that if there is any place we have fulfilled prophecy, it is in these three stages. I don’t go much for finding prophecy being fulfilled on every hand, but I do see it here. Follow me carefully: The nation Israel was buried and scattered in the nations of the world, and was dead to God, dead to the things of God—that’s the first stage of the bones that we saw. Now since 1948 they have come back as a nation, but it is really a corpse over there today. They have a flag, they have a constitution, they have a prime minister, and they have a parliament. They have a police force and an army. They have a nation, and they even have Jerusalem. They have everything except spiritual life. If you walk from the old Arab section of Jerusalem where Islam dominates and come over into the Israeli section, there is no spiritual life. I want to say this kindly, but, as far as I am concerned, there is as much spiritual deadness on the one side as the other. There is a great deal more of that which is materialistic, which is intellectual, and which denotes civilization on the Israeli side, but there is no spiritual life whatsoever. This is symbolized by the second stage of the bones—bodies, but without life. That is where Israel stands today.

In verses 15–28 Ezekiel mentions two sticks. I will not go into any detail here other than to say that they typify the northern (Israel) and southern (Judah) kingdoms which will again become one nation. This means, my friend, that there must not be any “ten lost tribes of Israel”—at least, if there are, God knows where they are..." McGee, J. V. (1991). Thru the Bible commentary: The Prophets (Ezekiel) (electronic ed., Vol. 25, pp. 187–188). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

musterion

www.MessenTools.com-Frutas-skeleton.gif
Isn't it silly to prophesy to bones? :AMR:

"Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel [Ezek. 37:12].

After reading this verse, someone is apt to say, “Wait a minute. You said this vision was not concerning physical resurrection.” I still insist upon that. Let’s drop down to verse 21:

And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land [Ezek. 37:21].

This is what God meant in verse 12 when He said, “I will cause you to come up out of your graves.” Israel is buried in the nations of the world, and they are to be brought back and become a nation again.

I want to say something very carefully now concerning the three stages of the bones Ezekiel saw. I have said they are the key to understanding the future of the nation Israel, and I now want to add that if there is any place we have fulfilled prophecy, it is in these three stages. I don’t go much for finding prophecy being fulfilled on every hand, but I do see it here. Follow me carefully: The nation Israel was buried and scattered in the nations of the world, and was dead to God, dead to the things of God—that’s the first stage of the bones that we saw. Now since 1948 they have come back as a nation, but it is really a corpse over there today. They have a flag, they have a constitution, they have a prime minister, and they have a parliament. They have a police force and an army. They have a nation, and they even have Jerusalem. They have everything except spiritual life. If you walk from the old Arab section of Jerusalem where Islam dominates and come over into the Israeli section, there is no spiritual life. I want to say this kindly, but, as far as I am concerned, there is as much spiritual deadness on the one side as the other. There is a great deal more of that which is materialistic, which is intellectual, and which denotes civilization on the Israeli side, but there is no spiritual life whatsoever. This is symbolized by the second stage of the bones—bodies, but without life. That is where Israel stands today.

In verses 15–28 Ezekiel mentions two sticks. I will not go into any detail here other than to say that they typify the northern (Israel) and southern (Judah) kingdoms which will again become one nation. This means, my friend, that there must not be any “ten lost tribes of Israel”—at least, if there are, God knows where they are..." McGee, J. V. (1991). Thru the Bible commentary: The Prophets (Ezekiel) (electronic ed., Vol. 25, pp. 187–188). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

I used to believe in the 1948 thing. Problem is, this prophecy says He will put His Spirit in them all on the day He brings them back into their land. They're still just as blind as they were when they stoned Stephen.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

No.

"Then you shall know that I am the LORD when I have opened your graves, O My people, and brought you up from your graves. I will put My Spirit in you and you shall live, and I will place you in your own land. Then you shall know that I, the LORD, have spoken it and performed it,” says the LORD. (Ezekiel 37:13-14 NKJV)​

The term "LORD" is a reference to Christ who holds the keys to the grave and death. (Revelation 1:18 NKJV)

bsmitts

Ezekiel 37

I "think," but don't quote ME on this, that some interpret Ezekiel chapter 37 to have been fulfilled when Israel became a nation in 1948, but I'm not sure as with all prophetic scripture uses much symbolism.