GUTS- God Undoes Theological Superstitions

Trumpetfolker

Since the very first century of the Christian Era, men have sneaked in to Christian ranks to spy out our liberty. The job of a spy is to find and create weaknesses, and exploit them. One of the weaknesses of the first century A.D. was a great influx of converts from the nations which had, presumably, little knowledge of the history of God with His people, and the promises that had been made to that people.
This gave people who did not like the commandments of the Lord which the holy apostles first delivered to the churches plenty of opportunity to divide off sheep for their own purposes.
Ac 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

3 Jn 9 ¶ I wrote unto the church: but Diotrephes, who loveth to have the preeminence among them, receiveth us not.
10 Wherefore, if I come, I will remember his deeds which he doeth, prating against us with malicious words: and not content therewith, neither doth he himself receive the brethren, and forbiddeth them that would, and casteth them out of the church.

Ga 2:4 And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:

2Pe 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
The only way to protect one's self from these is intimated by the words of Paul.
Ro 16:17 ¶ Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.
In other words, Paul had, already taught the Roman believers the doctrine that would allow for unity. By knowing the doctrine Paul taught, one could recognize the people who cause divisions and offenses.
Unfortunately, the hegemonies of the doctrines of the Nicolaitaines gained so much ground that many of the clear doctrines of the Bible were lost. The way of Balaam the son of Beor, preaching for honour and money from government officials like King Balak(i.e., something like "tax deduction status"?), has become a great stumbling-block for the people of God as our young people are seduced into learning doctrines of men as a way to a career as clergymen.
2 Pe 2:12 But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;
13 And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness, as they that count it pleasure to riot in the day time. Spots they are and blemishes, sporting themselves with their own deceivings while they feast with you;
14 Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children:
15 Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness;
The word rendered "natural" in 2 Peter 2:11, means "physical". In other words, they are not spiritual. They are so committed to their own philosophy and vain deceits that they bad mouth the things they don't understand- when they ought to stop and learn.
This is the kind of guy who will take away your liberty.
Co 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
So, how do we re-find the liberty that was given to the first century Christians?
Paul told Timothy how to propagate the teaching of good things.
2Ti 2:2 And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.
In other words, Timothy, who had been with Paul in many places and had seen him endure very rough circumstances and treatment, had, also, heard the things Paul had preached many times. He was to keep teaching those things to men who had proven their faithfulness as he had- a faithfulness that was far beyond that of others his age, and which may have been an inspiration to John Mark who, eventually, became useful for ministry.
Peter, also, left this instruction for those would become interested in the Truth after his decease.
2 Pe 1:15 Moreover I will endeavour that ye may be able after my decease to have these things always in remembrance.
16 ¶ For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.
17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
18 And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.
19 ¶ We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:
20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
In other words, we can look to the prophecies declared by holy men of God as they were moved by the Holy Spirit- a thing physical men can not understand, and which the prophets, themselves found mysterious.
1 Pe 1:10 ¶ Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.
12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.
However, the apostles understood that the preparation for understanding the mysteries of the kingdom which they declared had been made by Moses and the prophets. In fact, Paul stated that the only things he had taught, from the beginning of his ministry to Damascus until the day he made his defense before King Agrippa, was the things prophesied by the holy men of God under the influence of the Spirit of Christ.
Ac 26:19 Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision:
20 But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.
21 For these causes the Jews caught me in the temple, and went about to kill me.
22 Having therefore obtained help of God, I continue unto this day, witnessing both to small and great, saying none other things than those which the prophets and Moses did say should come:
23 That Christ should suffer, and that he should be the first that should rise from the dead, and should shew light unto the people, and to the Gentiles.
The doctrine of the kingdom of Christ scares the nations just as the approach of the Israelites scared King Balak. The nations have learned from Balaam the son of Beor how to keep us from taking over. They have hired men to stall us with false teachings. So, it is up to each man to get to know God by faith in Christ Jesus.
You can not trust men to lead you aright.
Joh 5:44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?
You must discern for yourselves.
1 Tm 6:3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,
5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

Tt 3:10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;
11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.
That takes GUTS.