Greetings!

tangent_string

Hey everyone, I'm "something" of a christian. I grew up in the church (protestant), with a pastor for a father. I've spent endless hours studying theology for myself, and have always approached God and the Bible honestly and thoughtfully.

At some point christianity stopped making sense to me, so it was a slow process, with a lot of prayer, before I finally felt I couldn't call myself a christian anymore (though because of my upbringing and moral beliefs, my morality incidentally didn't change). It has only been in the past few months that I finally feel like God has been reaching out to me. I've remained open and honest to God, and will continue to do so.

In response to this wonderful sense that I haven't been abandoned by God, I've been engaged in biblical study and theological understanding like never before. It isn't enough for me to believe what my culture has taught, or what my church has taught me about God. It now only matters to me what the Bible says about God, and how we "know" the bible says XY and Z about God.

So I'm on here to gain insight into christian theology and doctrine, and to genuinely further my understanding.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Hey everyone, I'm "something" of a christian. I grew up in the church (protestant), with a pastor for a father. I've spent endless hours studying theology for myself, and have always approached God and the Bible honestly and thoughtfully.

At some point christianity stopped making sense to me, so it was a slow process, with a lot of prayer, before I finally felt I couldn't call myself a christian anymore (though because of my upbringing and moral beliefs, my morality incidentally didn't change). It has only been in the past few months that I finally feel like God has been reaching out to me. I've remained open and honest to God, and will continue to do so.

In response to this wonderful sense that I haven't been abandoned by God, I've been engaged in biblical study and theological understanding like never before. It isn't enough for me to believe what my culture has taught, or what my church has taught me about God. It now only matters to me what the Bible says about God, and how we "know" the bible says XY and Z about God.

So I'm on here to gain insight into christian theology and doctrine, and to genuinely further my understanding.

Hello, George Fox who founded the Quackers used to say that we have to read the scriptures with the same Spirit as He who wrote it...in his day nobody could stand before George Fox.