Good public school definition

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Well... my wife would have to be the teacher.

My wife would choose the curriculum.

No other children but my own could attend, and the classes would have to be held at my house with no government intervention. :D

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
As long as there was no government intervention I would have no problems with it but by definition, isn't that what a public school is? Take out the government and you have private schools. So I guess there would be nothing a public school could ever have that would cause me to change my mind about sending my kids there.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sounds good to me, Knight. :D I give my daughter the choice of homeschooling and public school now. Her choices would be: 1. Quit calling her stupid (the teachers not the students). 2. Not give her detention if she has one late paper. 3. Give more than 15 minutes for lunch. 4. Not charge for the privilege of borrowing school books. 5. Teach kids at their own level instead of making the smart kids have to wait for the slower kids to finish. 6. More time for PE, Music, Art, and Computer classes.

Can you tell that these came from a thirteen year old? :D

My requirements would be much better classes for the gifted children, no liberally biased teachers, and no sensitivity training for students (this is usually teaching acceptance of homosexuality and other things I disagree with). I would also want no sex education in school (i.e. Telling about abortion, handing out condoms because they're going to do it anyway). It's my job to teach my daughter about sex not the government's.

One Eyed Jack

Re: Good public school definition

Originally posted by Kate
What would public school have to have for you to send you child there?

Absolutely nothing. I went to 'good' public schools, and they weren't all that good then. I think the damage is irreparable at this point.

Kate

I would send my son to public school if they stuck to teaching the curriculum (and it would have to be a good curriculum), if the teachers were dedicated, and if there would be discipline in the school.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I would send my son to public school if they stuck to teaching the curriculum (and it would have to be a good curriculum), if the teachers were dedicated, and if there would be discipline in the school.
And there is ZERO chance of any of that happening.

shilohproject

Move to the Shadowbriar neighborhood in Houston, Texas, and get your children into G/T classes, then. Great schools, high parent participation, first-class teachers and all those crazy kids! It's quite nice.:thumb:

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Knight
And there is ZERO chance of any of that happening.

You've got that right in about 99.9% of the public schools in this country, Knight. :D