Ghost stories

Ghost stories

• Yes

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • No

Votes: 48 77.4%

• Total voters

Quincy

deep in the heart of Appalachia two young boys heard tale of a haunted house deep in the depths of a near by hollow. the story goes, a couple was nearing their wedding day, and the soon to be groom cracked under pressure. late the nite of his weddings eve he came to his yung bride-to-be's house. as he walked up to the doorway she was greeting him thru the window with a bright smile, so happy. behind his back was a machete...........now legend says on the weddings eve she can be seen in the window with eyes black as coal waving to no one.

the two boys decide to spend the first two months of spring going to the location every night in an attempt to see the lady. for the date of the wedding isnt known, but it was customary during that time for weddings to be held in the area during the early spring. after 4 weeks of boring waiting, one of the boys gets an idea to reenact the crime. so the following nite james takes a machete with him. once they arrive at the place, james starts to feel an odd urgency. he had to go up to the door, something they hadnt done before. his companion shawn tried to stop him but james thru him violently to the ground as he ran like mad to the door. pounding the weak doorknob loose he runs inside, seeing a ghostly white figure waving to his friend outside laying on the ground. quickly he approaches the figure and as he swings into the apparition it vanishes.........

real story? am I james? innocent folklore? hehehe.........

SOTK

Do you believe in ghosts?

Negative. Nope. Never have.

I have been creeped out. Sensed evil and all that, but I've always chalked it up to demonic activity. I've never read any biblical evidence for the affirmative in the existence of ghosts position.

uk_mikey

Do you believe in ghosts?

Negative. Nope. Never have.

I have been creeped out. Sensed evil and all that, but I've always chalked it up to demonic activity. I've never read any biblical evidence for the affirmative in the existence of ghosts position.

Nor have I. Then again, I've never read any biblical evidence of lots of things that we tend to take for granted in our lives. I don't think the Bible talks about EVERYTHING that happens in life.

Maybe ghosts have only been around more recently than biblical times. :think: :chuckle:

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
No, I don't believe in ghosts. But I have known people who swear up and down that they have seen them in some fashion. But I never have. Kinda like UFO's. I have never seen one of those either.

Interesting how so many people are walking around today with digital cameras built into their phones, etc. You would think the number of paranormal sightings would dramatically increase...

DoogieTalons

BANNED
Banned
...minus Photoshop and low quality jpegs. :chuckle:
Can any of these people supply us with high quality and REAL photos?
That's the problem, you get these low megapixel CMOS sensor mobile phones and you can always say it's pixelation or you can't quite make it out. Or I could knock you up a great ghost pic on photo shop (I work on it most of the day) and it's easy to say they are fakes.

Thats the thing with computers you could take a 10 megapixel ghost picture on a DSLR and everyone would just cry fake...

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
That's the problem, you get these low megapixel CMOS sensor mobile phones and you can always say it's pixelation or you can't quite make it out. Or I could knock you up a great ghost pic on photo shop (I work on it most of the day) and it's easy to say they are fakes.

Thats the thing with computers you could take a 10 megapixel ghost picture on a DSLR and everyone would just cry fake...

Or If things like UFOs were real, someone could catch them on video and it would look.....REAL! All the ones I have seen are obvious fakes. The best ones look like they would in a sci fi movie.

The reason no real footage has been shot? They don't exist.

DoogieTalons

BANNED
Banned
Or If things like UFOs were real, someone could catch them on video and it would look.....REAL! All the ones I have seen are obvious fakes. The best ones look like they would in a sci fi movie.

The reason no real footage has been shot? They don't exist.
Quite :thumb:

Newman

I don't believe in ghosts, and I don't think I ever have, even as a child. I think that when people see ghosts, it is usually because they are expecting it, or want to see it. I have thought that I have seen stuff out of the corner of my eye (peripheral hallucinations) that weren't really there. I think that people that "see" ghosts experience something similar, where their mind "fills in the gaps" of reality (what's really there/not there) to construct something that they want to see. Coincidently, the places and situations where this would most likely occur are so-called "spooky" places that are dark, creaky, and unfamiliar. Thunderstorms, sudden loud noises (cats meowing or hissing, dogs barking, things falling or crashing, doors slamming, etc.) also help because they distract our line of thought and facilitate our own hallucinatory constructions.

I, myself have experienced hypnagogia, where I hallucinate (auditory, tactile, olfactory, proprioceptive, etc.) things around my bedroom as I fall asleep. I haven't had one in a couple years, but they are the scariest things you can imagine. I have "seen" people break into the house, scientists operate on me, posters/stuff around the room come alive, and many other very strange and scary things while I am paralyzed.

I think that some people attribute alien encounters and other bogus experiences to their own hypnagogic hallucinations, or hallucinations caused by anything else (drugs, peduncular stuff , focal epilepsy, other diseases, etc.).

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You know :think: if ghosts were real and aliens also and if Roswell actually happened...that would be about the saddest thing imaginable. Little green ghosts wandering across the desert. :shocked:

Yeah, the wife has to work a book signing today...:poly: so I have way too much free time to account for properly. :juggle:

karstkid

Ghost are nothing but demonic spirits that will use anything to deceive humans and keep them from knowledge of the Salvation in Jesus Christ.

Thunder's Muse

I believe that ghosts exist and I have actually seen some. The one that sticks in my mind the most, was the ghost of a small boy that was at a house we used to live in a few years ago.

The first time I saw him, he just walked across the loungeroom...and this was the first time I had ever seen anything like this. I saw him several times during our stay in the house...even my children commented on seeing 'the boy'. I would often catch him watching my children play and I saw him running in and out of the house.

Quincy

I believe that ghosts exist and I have actually seen some. The one that sticks in my mind the most, was the ghost of a small boy that was at a house we used to live in a few years ago.

The first time I saw him, he just walked across the loungeroom...and this was the first time I had ever seen anything like this. I saw him several times during our stay in the house...even my children commented on seeing 'the boy'. I would often catch him watching my children play and I saw him running in and out of the house.

My first experience was something a little more visceral. I always believed that in the location that a horrid act such as murder takes place the residual energy of the victim can linger past the act. But I didn't necessarily believe that it could become or was any type of visible ethereal entity. Well, back in the valley i spent a few years of my young life living on there was a house, rumoured to have been the home of young lass who was nearing her wedding date. The night before she was to be wed, her groom to be was said to murder her in cold blood in that house.

Well, my friend and I located what we believed to be the house and did quite a few stakeouts much to our dismay turned up nothing. So, I researched methods of spirit provoking and decided upon a reenactment. Taking a knife to the scene at around 1 am I hide the knife behind my back and approached the house. My friend Shawn starts to freak out and there was a very pale yellowish entity in the window and appeared to be waving at me. The thing about reenactments is the person doing often becomes victim to the energy of the scene. I became rather irate and ended up busting down the door of the place (it was half rotten though), and the manifestation dissipated.

rbdeli

I neither believe in ghosts nor disbelieve in them.
I have no evidence of my own.

As a Christian, I believe that anything that can or does happen, does so because God allows it.

I have heard some stories from respected family members that are pretty hard to refute.
A relative of mine, one time, was at a little, old private Motel with his family and in-laws. They watched a table lamp jump off of the table and break on it's own. The next day, when they went to explain it to the manager and pay for it, he calmly said, "I see, you've met our ghost"..