Finally, Eolution for the Layperson!

fool

Hall of Fame
Thanks for the link Bob.
I think that article does a pretty good job of demonstrating how YECs view evolution.

Husband&Father

From the artical: How does evolution work?
"Animals of a given species are alike because they inherit a certain set of genes from their parents. Every so often, something goes wrong with the mechanism that transmits the genes, and an animal is born that doesn't resemble its father and mother. You probably know of examples in your own family.
If this accidental variation, or mutation, is helpful in the animal's struggle to survive, it is more likely to be passed on to succeeding generations. In this way, new species can arise. "
- end excerpt-

Where to begin?

1st I thank God daily that my kids don’t “resemble” their dad.
2nd there is no mention of the incredible low chance that an ‘accidental variation, or mutation, is helpful in the animal's struggle to survive,”
If mutations were good things the replication system of DNA would not go to such great lengths to avoid them. Organisms prone to mutation are LESS LIKELY to survive let alone thrive. Nature abhors mutants. (Didn’t you see X-men)
It a long, long leap from “every so often” a mutation happens and IF it is helpful to “new species can arise.”

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
fool said:
Thanks for the link Bob.
I think that article does a pretty good job of demonstrating how YECs view evolution.

I have a theory that a deleterious mutation in the "humor gene" causes a person to believe in evolution.

aharvey

bob b said:
I have a theory that a deleterious mutation in the "humor gene" causes a person to believe in evolution.
Hmm, now I'm confused. Do you think that the "Science is Stupid" article to which you linked is funny or not?