Crow's pick 10-21-03

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crow

POTD, e4e!
appl.gif
bis.gif

Originally posted by Carico
I never said that the flesh could do good works! I said that the spirit of God is what produces good works in me. And if the blood of Christ doesn't make me righteous, then why did Jeus have to die for me? Why didn't God just send the Holy Spirit, period?Something of value in this world HAS to be sacrificed for our atonement. In the OT, it was animals. In the NT, it was Jesus.

e4e -----That is a very good question, Carico. The blood of Jesus Christ cleanses us from all unrighteousness. It does not make us righteous. All righteousness is of God. In order for us to be righteous we must be of God and that is given to us through God's seed and not the blood. In order for us to approach God we must have our sins covered so that the death of sin is not viewed by God. That does not mean we have been given life.

No man comes to the Father but through Jesus Christ and His shed blood of the Cross. When we receive the atonement of the blood, God's Judgment of death for sin is paid and we are given new life. We are seen by God without sin. God the Father gives us of himself. As God the Father is so do we become. As God is righteous so are we made righteous. We are as God made us and not what the world makes of us. That is why the world hates us. The world is unrighteous and we are righteous. That not of ourselves but our life is a gift from God.

context
:first:

Status
Not open for further replies.