ECT Calvinism's version of God = Allah

musterion

Impossible, you say?

Allah is speaking:

If we had so willed, we could certainly have brought every soul its true guidance. But the Word from Me will come true, "I will fill Hell with Jinns and men all together." Taste ye, then: for ye forgot the meeting of this day of yours, and we too will forget you. Taste ye the penalty of eternity for your deeds!

Surah 32:13-14

Note the striking similarities:

•Allah says that he COULD have enlightened and saved all. This is true of the god of Calvinism.

•Allah says that he willed not to save all. Instead, he preferred to fill Hell with men (and demons). This is also true of the god of Calvinism.

•Yet Allah then blames them, saying they will be punished because of their deeds. This, too, is the excuse Calvinists offer for their god's reprobating the non-elect before they were ever born.

In conclusion, both Islam's god and Calvin's god decided in the far past to damn those they could have saved, and then blames them for their damnation. But only Islam, amazingly, is honest enough to admit this up front ("hyper-Calvinists" do too, but we're told they somehow don't count).

So the only real difference between Allah and Calvinism's god - as far as soteriology is concerned - is that Mohammed put into the mouth of "Allah" the very words and motivation that Calvinists (without admitting it) attribute to the mind and purposes of God.

Both are lying idols. Neither is the holy, just, loving and non-lying God of the Bible.

nikolai_42

Impossible, you say?

Allah is speaking:

•Allah says that he COULD have enlightened and saved all. This is true of the god of Calvinism.

Could the God of the Non-Calvinist (let's use Arminian for argument's sake) have enlightened and saved all?

•Allah says that he willed not to save all. Instead, he preferred to fill Hell with men (and demons). This is also true of the god of Calvinism.

If you agree that the God of the Arminian could have saved and enlightened all - if He so chose - how is choosing not to do so much different from what you allege? That is, reading the quote you posted, it brings to mind what was said in judgment about men being cast into the fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

•Yet Allah then blames them, saying they will be punished because of their deeds. This, too, is the excuse Calvinists offer for their god's reprobating the non-elect before they were ever born.

Should we treat Matthew 25:31-46 as supporting works salvation? What about Revelation 20:11-15? As I see it, the Calvinist explanation is attempting to allow both for election and damnation without upsetting the clear teaching that works will bring awful judgment and final lostness.

In conclusion, both Islam's god and Calvin's god decided in the far past to damn those they could have saved, and then blames them for their damnation. But only Islam, amazingly, is honest enough to admit this up front ("hyper-Calvinists" do too, but we're told they somehow don't count).

So the only real difference between Allah and Calvinism's god - as far as soteriology is concerned - is that Mohammed put into the mouth of "Allah" the very words and motivation that Calvinists (without admitting it) attribute to the mind and purposes of God.

Both are lying idols. Neither is the holy, just, loving and non-lying God of the Bible.

Is the God of the Arminian not Sovereign in all things? Even so...the only hope of the Calvinist is the blood of Jesus Christ - far from the only hope of the Muslim (good works outweighing band AND Allah feeling generous at the time of judgment).

This doesn't seem a fair comparison to me.

andyc

The notion in the OP is about as dumb as it can get.
God is able to enlighten every living soul on this planet, regardless of what religious philosophy you cling to.

But God doesn't. What ever the reasons are, your opinion in the matter puts God in a bad light.

Now go stand in the corner.

geralduk

Impossible, you say?

Allah is speaking:

While Calvin use the principle of Biblical argument most christians never do and think to take one line of an argument from the midst of an argument and assume that proves their point.
It does not.

I have a mole on my arm and if you looked at it closely you would find that it is the same colour as what is normally called a blackman.
If you took that mole out of context exagerated its importance disregarded the rest of my body and magnified it out of all proportion .You could tell the 'truth' Im a black man .
But that mole though true is 'black' is not the whole truth and in a just court of law not only are you obliged to tell the truth but the whole truth .
For THE truth is ,I am whats is commonly called a white man .
You take one sentence or part of an argument you say was made by Calvin and by that part jump to the conclusion that he was no different than Islams teaching.
well given we are in a reverse reformation and that truths understood and biblically proven are now being rejected and errors by the same degree which were then rejected and proved to be false by the same biblical arguments as well as the reactions to the truth who held them .
I am not surprised though deeply saddened that such assertions are now made .
The truth is that "God is not willing that ANY should perish but that ALL should come to a knowledge of the truth"
The truth is that " If I be lifted up I will draw ALL men unto me " said Jesus .
The truth is that "God so loved the world ..............." So none is excluded .
"That he gave his only begotten Son " Enough provision for the need of all .
That who soever believeth on Him (out of this world) shall not perish but have everlasting life "
While God so loved the world has none excluded and His provision of that love was manifest to all .
The promise is to who will believe God.
The clear implication is that they who reject the Word of God ,the will of God and the way of God will perish.

That Islam teaches that if you do not submit to it then you will die is not saying the same thing at all . and if it apears to do so it is but skin deep.
Fear not says God they who have the power to kill or destroy the body ..................." For that is all they can do.
For it is the fear of death that brings men into bondage to the devil.
But rather fear God who not only can destroy the body buit has the power and the authority to cast you into hell."

If you are offended at Calvin it is likely you will also be offended by the Word of God also .
But if you do not understand Calvin then get understanding of the Word of God .For you will not perish perhaps if you do not believe Calvin ,But you will perish if you do not believe on Him whom God has sent.

in Christ
gerald

geralduk

The notion in the OP is about as dumb as it can get.
God is able to enlighten every living soul on this planet, regardless of what religious philosophy you cling to.

But God doesn't. What ever the reasons are, your opinion in the matter puts God in a bad light.

Now go stand in the corner.

There is more hope for a blind man ,than for a man who resolutely closes his eyes and says I see nothing.

For a man to find himself in hell will not be so much because he has sinned (for all have sinned) but because " he loves darkness more than the light"

in Christ
gerald