been a long long time

jimiduzit

Hello and welcome. By "Adventist" do you mean "Seventh Day Adventist"? My mother had for years a close friend that was one. Very nice lady.
Hi Feral,
Yes SDA. There is an Adventist Online site but they're not taking on new members. I don't think it is being monitored at present. Also there is a lot of bickering and nonsensical banter but that just comes with opinion boards I guess. I am actually contemplating an attempt at authoring a book. It will be deal with the differences in what I was taught in Sunday School and what I learned from studying the Scriptures for my self with out other's interpretation. When I got serious about knowing "God" and what He wants me to be and do, it was like being born again all over! I found that the Adventist church is the closest thing to what I am learning from Scripture. So that's where I am at this time.

Sent from my SM-G920V using TheologyOnline mobile app

jimiduzit

Not sure. It takes resources to run these sites and money is tight for lots of folks. I'm nowhere near where I was financially 10 years ago but that's another issue. There is an Adventist site that seems as if it's not being monitored as my enrolment has been pending approval for well over a year. If you are wondering what is different between Adventists and other Christian denominations you can check out adventist dot org for a list of the "fundamental beliefs" the Adventist church adheres to. The most visible difference is that we observe the seventh day Sabbath and we abstain from what is declared to be unclean meats in the book of Leviticus (most, not all of us are vegetarian anyway). The soul of man is not immortal. Immortality will be granted at the resurrection. That is so clearly taught in the Scripture and yet most have been spoon fed this lie that you fly away to heaven or hell the instant you die and worse yet they believe it with out studying it out for themselves. Irony of ironies is that when I became an Adventist most, at least 95% of my "Christian" friends wrote me off and many in my family treated me like a pariah. That made an indelible impression. It's really amazing what you learn from the Scriptures when you put away the Scoffield study bible, leave Calvin's institutes on the shelf along with Luther's table talk and with just a concordance and good lexicons you study the Bible. If you want to know what the Bible teaches you have to go back to when it was written and learn something of the culture as well as the language. Adventists are guilty of studying the Bible through the lens of their denomination's founders as much as the Baptists, Methodists, COC, or any other. The Roman church has been around longer than any of those and they are incredibly steeped in tradition and pagan practices. But you have to find that out for your self. We are inundated from birth with myths about who Yahweh is but He is perfectly capable of bringing the catholic as well as the protestant to the truth. Wish you the best as you study the Scriptures.