Are Faith And Hope Enough

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

Heb 11:1-3
1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
2 For by it the elders obtained a good testimony.
3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.
Rom 8:22-25
22 For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now.
23 Not only that, but we also who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body.
24 For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees?
25 But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance.
1 Cor 13:2
2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
1 Cor 13:8
8 Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away.
1 Cor 5:8
8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, nor with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.
1 Cor 8:1-3
1 Now concerning things offered to idols: We know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffs up, but love edifies.
2 And if anyone thinks that he knows anything, he knows nothing yet as he ought to know.
3 But if anyone loves God, this one is known by Him.
1 Cor 5:7
7 Therefore purge out the old leaven, that you may be a new lump, since you truly are unleavened. For indeed Christ, our Passover, was sacrificed for us.
John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
John 16:8-14
8 "And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
9 "of sin, because they do not believe in Me;
10 "of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more;
11 "of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.
12 "I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.
13 "However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
14 "He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you.
2 Cor 5:5
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
Rom 8:1-8
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh,
4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.
8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
(NKJ)
xxx I see so many that say they have faith, and dont even know what it is. The same with hope, they hope for things of this world.
And they dont have the love of God in them.

John 14:15
15 "If you love Me, keep My commandments.
(NKJ)

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Faith is enough.

Ephesians 2:8-9 King James Version (KJV)

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Faith is enough.

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

I said
If that was all there was written you would be right. But because that is only a piece of the truth you need much more to find salvation.
Faith-Works-Love (By Themselves they are only principles) But together they are righteousness.

People are trying to make a conclusion out of pieces and parts. It cant be done. Faith alone won't get you to heaven. Works alone won't get you to heaven. Love alone won't get you to heaven. That is the only conclusion.

XXX If all you have to present to God is faith, YOU ARE NOTHING.
1 Cor 13:1-2

1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.
2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
James 2:14
14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him?
James 2:17-18
17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
18 But someone will say, "You have faith, and I have works." Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.
James 2:24
24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.
James 2:26
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
Rom 16:26
26 but now has been made manifest, and by the prophetic Scriptures has been made known to all nations, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, for obedience to the faith--
(NKJ)

XXX You are saved by grace through faith. But that is NOT SALVATION. Salvation must be worked for.

Eph 2:8
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,
(NKJ)

Luke 6:32-33
32 "But if you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them.
33 "And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same.
(NKJ)

xxx Some stand on faith and some stand on works and some stand on love. They are all principles, they have to be together. So many on here are argueing just one point or part of a whole. You need to understand. Faith without works or love is dead. Works without faith or love is vanity. Love without faith or works is useless. Love is NOT AN EMOTION. Love is an action.

So many are running on blind faith. They dont even know what faith is. In reality their useing trust as faith. Their different. Your faith should be in what is written, all of it. But faith alone will NOT get you to heaven. Works alone will NOT get you to heaven. Love alone will not get you to heaven. What you need is the true faith in the Word of God. If you have the true faith in the Word of God you would try your best to do the works that are in the Word. Now love is NOT a feeling but an action. And the only way to learn what Godly love is would be tod do the works. That is how you learn what love is by trying to do the works. In the Word that you have put your faith in.

Rom 5:1-4
1 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,
2 through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
3 And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance;
4 and perseverance, character; and character, hope.
Eph 2:18-20
18 For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.
19 Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God,
20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief corner stone,
Eph 3:12
12 in whom we have boldness and access with confidence through faith in Him.
(NKJ)

ttruscott

15 "If you love Me, keep My commandments.
(NKJ)

Faith and hope get you treated as a legitimate child of GOD and then you learn to obey HIS commandments unto righteousness by trial and error and painful discipline for your errors....Heb 12:5-11

We don't keep the commandments by faith and hope or by the imputation of Christ's righteousness since every legitimate child of GOD is chastised for error.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Salvation is not by works, but by grace through faith alone.

I said
I have showed you many times that saved and salvation are two different things. You refuse to believe it.
I have showed you in the Word of God. I have showed you with the revelations of Jesus Christ.

Phil 2:12-13
12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;
13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.
(NKJ)

Saved and salvation are different.
kingdom of God and kingdom of heaven are different.
old testament law of sin and death and the new testament law of Christ are different.
old testament justice and new testament justice are different.
Milk understanding and meat understanding are different.

COGTHW

Squeaky my brother these people have been turned over to a reprobate mind ; 8 'Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.' 2 Timothy 3:8 These men and women are given over to the devil. 1 Corinthians 4:3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.' ; brother there is no use. The Scriptures say you can't be saved by faith alone they read it and STILL say it don't say that. That is a judgment from God. God allowed their mind to be like that. Thats why when we post something that say EXACTLY word for word, and theses people read it and say it don't mean that. Leave them be you just making them sin more and more towards God. No need to keep going back and forth. The ones that are responding to you in a way to learn keep responding. But the devils don't answer them.

marhig

Faith is enough.

That doesn't mean eternal salvation, that means saved from our past sins when we repent then once we receive the holy spirit, he will help us daily to overcome sin, teaching us the truth in our hearts and giving us the strength to overcome sin helping us to put the lusts of our flesh to death. We are to turn from sin and obey God and do his will, and being led by the holy spirit and through Christ we are to endure to the end of our lives keeping our faith and doing the works of God with the hope of eternal salvation. If we still live by the lusts of our flesh then Satan has control of us and we're not saved in any way.

And not of works means not of our own doing, in other words we can do all sorts of things but they won't be for God but for ourselves, the spirit of God wars with the flesh and the spirit of God will move us to do things that our flesh would never do, Gods works are not the works of man, and they're not the works for self praise, they are the works that glorify God. And if we are born of God, we will do his works with a humble heart, taking no praise and giving all glory to God because without him, we are just dust, driven by the lusts of the flesh and Satan!

As James said, I'll show you my faith by my works. So you'll see those who have true faith, because they will be humble and doing the works of God and you will see the spirit of Christ in them.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Squeaky my brother these people have been turned over to a reprobate mind ; 8 'Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.' 2 Timothy 3:8 These men and women are given over to the devil. 1 Corinthians 4:3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.' ; brother there is no use. The Scriptures say you can't be saved by faith alone they read it and STILL say it don't say that. That is a judgment from God. God allowed their mind to be like that. Thats why when we post something that say EXACTLY word for word, and theses people read it and say it don't mean that. Leave them be you just making them sin more and more towards God. No need to keep going back and forth. The ones that are responding to you in a way to learn keep responding. But the devils don't answer them.

I said
Your right.

SimpleMan77

Salvation is not by works, but by grace through faith alone.

Paul said "if I have all the faith I possibly can, and don't have love, I am NOTHING". No child of God, no heir of the Kingdom of God, NOTHING!

James said "faith, without works of love, is dead".

Paul said "love is more important than faith and hope".

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Paul said "if I have all the faith I possibly can, and don't have love, I am NOTHING". No child of God, no heir of the Kingdom of God, NOTHING!

James said "faith, without works of love, is dead".

Paul said "love is more important than faith and hope".

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

I said
Very good.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Your relying on half truths.
Faith-Works-Love (By Themselves they are only principles) But together they are righteousness.

People are trying to make a conclusion out of pieces and parts. It cant be done. Faith alone won't get you to heaven. Works alone won't get you to heaven. Love alone won't get you to heaven. That is the only conclusion.

XXX If all you have to present to God is faith, YOU ARE NOTHING.
1 Cor 13:1-2

1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.
James 2:14
14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him?
James 2:17-18
17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
18 But someone will say, "You have faith, and I have works." Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.
James 2:24
24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.
James 2:26
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
Rom 16:26
26 but now has been made manifest, and by the prophetic Scriptures has been made known to all nations, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, for obedience to the faith--
(NKJ)

XXX You are saved by grace through faith. But that is NOT SALVATION. Faith only works through love.

Eph 2:8
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,
(NKJ)

Luke 6:32-33
32 "But if you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them.
33 "And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same.
(NKJ)

xxx Some stand on faith and some stand on works and some stand on love. They are all principles, they have to be together. So many on here are argueing just one point or part of a whole. You need to understand. Faith without works or love is dead. Works without faith or love is vanity. Love without faith or works is useless. Love is NOT AN EMOTION. Love is an action.

So many are running on blind faith. They dont even know what faith is. In reality their useing trust as faith. Their different. Your faith should be in what is written, all of it. But faith alone will NOT get you to heaven. Works alone will NOT get you to heaven. Love alone will not get you to heaven. What you need is the true faith in the Word of God. If you have the true faith in the Word of God you would try your best to do the works that are in the Word. Now love is NOT a feeling but an action. And the only way to learn what Godly love is would be to do the works. That is how you learn what love is by trying to do the works. In the Word that you have put your faith in.

Rom 5:1-4
1 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,
2 through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
3 And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance;
4 and perseverance, character; and character, hope.
Eph 2:18-20
18 For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.
19 Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God,
20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief corner stone,
Eph 3:12
12 in whom we have boldness and access with confidence through faith in Him.
(NKJ)

xxx Do you have real faith, or blind faith?? The true faith only works through love. True love is to suffer wrongfully. Your real faith only works when you are suffering wrongfully.

Gal 5:6
6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but faith working through love.
(NKJ)

1 Tim 1:5-6
5 Now the purpose of the commandment is love from a pure heart, from a good conscience, and from sincere faith,
6 from which some, having strayed, have turned aside to idle talk,
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The Word of God has many parts to it. don't base your salvation on just a piece of it. You won't go to hell for the piece you have right. But you will go to hell for the piece you have wrong.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
[1Co 9:27
27 But I discipline my body and bring [it] into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.
[2Co 13:5
5 Examine yourselves [as to] whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?--unless indeed you are disqualified.

popsthebuilder

Squeaky;

Would you be kind enough to go over scripture with reference to the double or split minded? Those who waver perhaps, tary...

thank you in advance; you know why I ask you specifically.

peace

Heb 11:1-3
1Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
2For by it the elders obtained a good testimony.
3By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.
Rom 8:22-25
22For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now.
23Not only that, but we also who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body.
24For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees?
25But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance.
1 Cor 13:2
2And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
1 Cor 13:8
8Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away.
1 Cor 5:8
8Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, nor with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.
1 Cor 8:1-3
1Now concerning things offered to idols: We know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffs up, but love edifies.
2And if anyone thinks that he knows anything, he knows nothing yet as he ought to know.
3But if anyone loves God, this one is known by Him.
1 Cor 5:7
7Therefore purge out the old leaven, that you may be a new lump, since you truly are unleavened. For indeed Christ, our Passover, was sacrificed for us.
John 14:26
26"But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
John 16:8-14
8"And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
9"of sin, because they do not believe in Me;
10"of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more;
11"of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.
12"I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.
13"However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
14"He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you.
2 Cor 5:5
5Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
Rom 8:1-8
1There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
2For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
3For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh,
4that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
5For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
6For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.
8So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
(NKJ)
xxx I see so many that say they have faith, and dont even know what it is. The same with hope, they hope for things of this world.
And they dont have the love of God in them.

15"If you love Me, keep My commandments.
(NKJ)

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
A double minded man is one who turns to God in times of trouble. But ignores Him when things are going good. A double minded man will always turn to human wisdom rather than the scriptures for knowledge. God told us to ask Him and then be patient and wait. Most double minded men don't have the Holy Spirit so they turn to a preacher or some famous person and rely on what they say. Most people have a carnal side and a spiritual side. The spiritual always comes in second.

[Jas 1:5-8
5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.
6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind.
7 For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord;
8 [he is] a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.