Is constant confession needed for forgiveness?

Ben Masada

I read this somewhere, but can't remember where:

Failure to confess our sins does not alter our eternal security, but it interferes with, and greatly hinders, our fellowship with the Father. That is indeed a costly mistake.

There is nothing eternal about man but in death. Since there is no consciousness in death, there is no need to worry about security.

lifeisgood

The word is CHIEF....not "worst". Chief being first or foremost...in this case a "pattern".

1 Tim. 1:15-16
This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

How could you, Paul?
How could you, Paul?

lifeisgood

I know. Where is your post-crucifixion scripture to back up, "it interferes with, and greatly hinders, our fellowship with the Father." Can you show me that in scripture please?

So, let's see if I understand.

You, jzeidler, is telling me, lifeisgood, that I, lifeisgood, can go to you, jzeidler, and insult you until you are blue on the face with misunderstanding as to the why of the insult coming from me, just because I feel like it, and it is OK with jzeidler, that I don't even bat an eye about it and I just gloat that I went and insulted you?

And God will be so pleased with me insulting you, right, because, you know, how it goes, God has died on the Cross of Calvary so that I can freely continue to sin? Thank you for the lesson.

lifeisgood

The Holy Spirit does not convict saints in Christ. The carnal mind feels guilt and the weight of the law.

So, you also have never done anything that is displeasing to the Lord, because you are already conformed to the image of His Son.

musterion

So, you also have never done anything that is displeasing to the Lord, because you are already conformed to the image of His Son.

Crucified means crucified.

Dead means dead.

Died to sin means died to sin.

Died to law means died to law.

Risen in Christ means risen in Christ.

Forgiven all trespasses means forgiven all trespasses.

Alive to God forevermore means alive to God forevermore.

No condemnation means no condemnation.

More can be said but which part of that do you disbelieve?

glorydaz

Paul would be so happy with you, telling him that he should not have said the truth about himself. Bad Paul. Bad Paul.

Paul would NOT be happy with you claiming he said what he didn't.

Spiritual pride is a horrible thing. :nono:

Try to pay attention. Right Divider explained that Paul was talking about being a sinner ...WHEN HE WAS IN UNBELIEF. Afterward, he was counted faithful. "He counted me faithful....who was BEFORE a blasphemer etc."

1 Timothy 1:12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;

1 Tim. 1:13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.​

The word "CHIEF" means first or captain (the pattern as Paul explains). And why does Paul use that term? Because he is the pattern of how we "believe on Him (Jesus Christ) to everlasting life.

1 Tim. 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

1 Tim. 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.​

glorydaz

Dead means dead.

How can she believe what she clearly doesn't understand? :idunno:

glorydaz

You, jzeidler, is telling me, lifeisgood, that I, lifeisgood, can go to you, jzeidler, and insult you until you are blue on the face with misunderstanding as to the why of the insult coming from me, just because I feel like it, and it is OK with jzeidler, that I don't even bat an eye about it and I just gloat that I went and insulted you?

And God will be so pleased with me insulting you, right, because, you know, how it goes, God has died on the Cross of Calvary so that I can freely continue to sin? Thank you for the lesson.

Are you, lifeisgood, seriously speaking to him, jzeidler, like you, lifeisgood, are a robot?

jzeidler

Again I ask, where are your post cross verses that say "sin affects our fellowship with God."?

I can show you that you are the righteousness of God in Christ. That there is absolutely no condemnation in Jesus. That as Jesus is now so are you in this world. That all sin was paid for at the cross.

Please show me your post-cross verses for "sin affects our relationship with God."

jzeidler

Dead means dead.

Thumbs up!