Did God become flesh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes, Revelation 1:8 is talking about the Almighty. We also know him by the name Jesus. That entire first chapter of Revelation identifies the Almighty as the Lord Jesus who rose again from the dead, and just a verse later of the title "Almighty" we see "Alpha and Omega" confirmed with "first and the last" and linked to "I am he that liveth, and was dead."

So you believe the Almighty God had been killed and rose again from the dead?

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
John explained his word logos with "He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not" which isn't that hard to understand.

When the word becomes flesh in us then are we also Almighty God?

Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

LA

Dartman

John explained his word logos with "He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not" which isn't that hard to understand.
It's not hard to understand for me, but you are quite confused. So, I will explain;

John 1:1-6
In the beginning was the word
(God's words/logos), and the word (God's words/logos) was with God, and the word (God's words/logos) was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by Him
(God); and without Him (God) was not any thing made that was made.
4 In Him
(God) was life; and the life was the light of men.
5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

Your misunderstanding comes from 18 centuries of brainwashing..... and defies VAST quantities of Scripture.

glorydaz

So you believe the Almighty God had been killed and rose again from the dead?

LA

Jesus didn't stop being God when He shed His blood on the cross.

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

glorydaz

It's not hard to understand for me, but you are quite confused. So, I will explain;

In the beginning was the word
(God's words/logos), and the word (God's words/logos) was with God, and the word (God's words/logos) was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by Him
(God); and without Him (God) was not any thing made that was made.
4 In Him
(God) was life; and the life was the light of men.

Your misunderstanding comes from 18 centuries of brainwashing..... and defies VAST quantities of Scripture.

You've been a JW your whole life, I'm assuming.

His name is called the Word of God. You hate that don't you? :sigh:

Dartman

If you understood the triune nature, then you would not ask this question.
Please provide a text using the phrase "triune nature", or that plainly states, explains or preaches to ANY audience, ANYWHERE in the Scriptures.

Paul warned the Church about those coming, that would preach "another Jesus";
2 Cor 11:3-4 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

So, since there isn't one single instance, where a Biblical teacher explained to an audience the trinitarian "Jesus", Paul is instructing us to reject that doctrine.

Dartman

You've been a JW your whole life, I'm assuming.
Nope, but I do like it when they come to my house .... sadly, they usually don't come back for several years.

glorydaz said:
His name is called the Word of God. ..
Not yet. Jesus doesn't have that title until he returns to conquer the planet.
When Jesus DOES have that title, it's because he is representing God's words, and fulfilling God's words. Logos simply does NOT mean "Jesus".
And, the Scriptures are VERY clear,
John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

1 Cor 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Dartman

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
You think God has blood?? Or, is it possible, as the son of God, Jesus was his God's flesh and blood?
You see, God cannot die .... Jesus did.
Yes, it's really that simple.

glorydaz

Please provide a text using the phrase "triune nature", or that plainly states, explains or preaches to ANY audience, ANYWHERE in the Scriptures.

Paul warned the Church about those coming, that would preach "another Jesus";
2 Cor 11:3-4 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

So, since there isn't one single instance, where a Biblical teacher explained to an audience the trinitarian "Jesus", Paul is instructing us to reject that doctrine.

You forget. Paul met the Lord on the road to Damascus, and the Lord gave Paul personal revelations. Paul knew who his Lord was. He knew Jesus Christ is the "image of the invisible God", had created all things, was before all things, and by Him all things consist. Col. 1:15-17

That you remain blind to this great truth is evidence that you do not know God.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

So you believe God was dead.

You still do not believe God was IN Christ, but rather that God IS Christ.

You are not a disciple of Christ yet, when you believe such error.

LA

glorydaz

Nope, but I do like it when they come to my house .... sadly, they usually don't come back for several years.

Not yet. Jesus doesn't have that title until he returns to conquer the planet.
When Jesus DOES have that title, it's because he is representing God's words, and fulfilling God's words. Logos simply does NOT mean "Jesus".
And, the Scriptures are VERY clear,
John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

1 Cor 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

So you think God's words became flesh. His words died on cross and rose from the grave. Gotcha. :popcorn:

glorydaz

So you believe God was dead.

Don't twist my words, heathen. Try to read what is written.

You still do not believe God was IN Christ, but rather that God IS Christ.

The fulness of the Godhead dwelt in Christ's body of flesh, and the Scripture plainly states that you are without excuse for not admitting that.

Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Colossians 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.​

You are not a disciple of Christ yet, when you believe such error.

LA

I'm a member of His Body, LA, which is how I know just how lost you are. :sigh:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
It's not hard to understand for me, but you are quite confused.

Talk about arrogant!

So, I will explain;

In the beginning was the word (God's words/logos), and the word (God's words/logos)

Ok, here's the thing.

Just because there's an "s" at the end of a word in the Greek does not make the word plural, like it does in English.

The word "logos" is a SINGULAR noun.

"LOGOS"
=
"WORD"

was with God, and the word (God's words/logos)

Nope. Word. Singular.

The Greek phrase is literally:

"THE(Article - Nominative Masculine Singular) WORD(Noun - NMS) WAS(Verb - Imperfect Indicative Active - 3rd person Singular) WITH(Preposition) THE(A - Accusative MS) GOD(N - AMS) AND(Conjunction) GOD(N - NMS) WAS(V - IIA - 3S) THE(A - NMS) WORD(N - NMS)"

2 The same

The Word...

was in the beginning with God.

The Word is the subject here. "God" is part of the prepositional phrase.

3 All things were made by Him (God);

Yes and no. The WORD is still the subject. God is the object of the prepositional phrase prior, "with God." Therefore, "all things were made by Him" is referring to THE WORD, HO LOGOS.

and without Him (God)

Yes, THE WORD. Without the WORD. Because God was the Word.

was not any thing made that was made.
4 In Him

Still talking about the Word here... Who was and is God.

Yup. The Word is God.

was life; and the life was the light of men.

Yup.

Though, 6 starts a new paragraph... so...

And you just so happen to know more about this passage than what has been accumulated over the past 18 centuries?

Pretty sure you don't.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.