ECT The Broken Record of MAD

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
WHAT about Jesus? They were NOT preaching the CROSS as Paul was.

Yes, they were... but their mission got interrupted because Israel would not accept it. They never even got Jerusalem converted.

The Jews the Twelve preached to were quite familiar with Jesus' execution and the method by which his death was accomplished.

The Holy Spirit gave the Jews forty years to respond to the apostles' message.

Just like today some responded and some didn't. Next comes God's judgment on the U.S.

glorydaz

Prophets. Plural.

Apostles. Plural.

It did not say "is revealed unto his apostles and prophets by Paul, it said "by the Spirit".

Ephesians 3:3-6
How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

"Made know UNTO ME"...."I wrote"..."when you read you may understand"....."through the Spirit"....as it is NOW revealed. Which is the same way we understand. It was revealed to Paul.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
My, what a delightful personality!

Paul says God does not dwell in houses of stone,

You say He does.

Act 17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

LA

musterion

I challenge you to show me in scripture where Paul revealed a mystery that was given to him and not the other Apostles.

I'll play the first card. Paul said that God made known the mystery to him by revelation, but he said it is the same mystery that "is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit".

Ephesians 3:3-6
How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

That same mystery, at that same time, was being revealed to the other Apostles and prophets, by the same Spirit.

It makes sense then that Peter went to the Gentiles, and God filled them with the Holy Ghost by FAITH, and without the works of the law... before Paul got his revelation.

What was the TOL name you used last time? I've read your stuff before.

SimpleMan77

"Made know UNTO ME"...."I wrote"..."when you read you may understand"....."through the Spirit"....as it is NOW revealed. Which is the same way we understand. It was revealed to Paul.

Biblical doctrine allows for both, and in fact is reinforced by both.

Paul was given the revelation directly from God.

The Apostles and Prophets were given the revelation by the same Holy Spirit, and that was Paul who told us that.

MAD doctrine says they could have only received the revelation from Paul, because he's the only one who got it directly from God.

Prophets getting revelation "by the Spirit" never has meant getting something through a man.

The Apostles got this directly from the Spirit... Anyone remember Peter getting a vision on the rooftop of Simon's house? No man revealed that to him, but he went and preached Jesus, and grace stepped in (without the law) and they were saved. Peter never preached to them or anyone else from that point forward that you had to keep the law of Moses to be saved.

Someone is "wresting" and twisting Paul's words.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The Body of Christ is already saved.

Salvation is by grace through faith. Faith in whom?

Grace comes by faith in Jesus Christ.

In Galatians 3:8-9 Paul said, "And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel to Abraham beforehand, saying, “In you all the nations shall be blessed.” So then those who are of faith are blessed with believing Abraham.

"Therefore know that only those who are of faith are sons of Abraham." (Paul)

Jesus Christ is a son of Abraham and those of faith are sons of Abraham.

Jesus said he was sent to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Israel was the grandson of Abraham through Isaac. We become descendants of Abraham by faith since those of faith are sons of Abraham according to Paul.

Those who subscribe to the mindless madism of MAD claim they are not of the house of Israel which means they are not sons of Abraham.

So what's the significance of this? Paul explained, "If you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed and heirs according to the promise."

Those who reject Abraham, the father of the faithful, reject Christ.

Right Divider

Body part
re Paul missing from 'list'
Good luck with that. How on earth do suppose that is to be verified?
We use a little thing that we call THE BIBLE.
Rev 21:14 (AKJV/PCE)
(21:14) And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

Paul was NOT one of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

re other gospels
There is no other gospel. There was a way to salvage the country if they did NOT do what the zealots wanted, but there is no other gospel or mission that Israel was supposed to do or take. That's why the Gospel of redemption is so far back in the NT, that it is in the OT. You think 2P2P is there but it is not.
There are MANY gospels; get a Bible and read all about them.

re the cross
the cross is mentioned early enough. Some of the bright listeners prob realized it when John said he is the Lamb of God. When Lk 9 talks about taking up a cross, it is not their suffering. It is his message, in the same sense as Paul's dilemma in Galatians. He doesn't mean some pietistic self-crucifixion of old nature, but the persecution from those zealous for the Law.
And believers of Israel were zealous for the law in Acts 21 with no complaints from scripture.

Burn your books and get a Bible.

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
The Jews the Twelve preached to were quite familiar with Jesus' execution and the method by which his death was accomplished.
Not THREE YEARS before it happened!

The Holy Spirit gave the Jews forty years to respond to the apostles' message.

Just like today some responded and some didn't. Next comes God's judgment on the U.S.
Why do you single out the U.S.?

Next comes God's judgment on the whole world.