ECT WHAT PAUL SAYS ABOUT THE O.T. !!

dodge

Hi and in Gal 3:28 there CAN NOT BE / ENI Males nor Females in the B O C , so explain how that is TWISTING ??

Help clear the AIR ?

dan p

dan, Jesus used repeatedly the analogy of Himself as the bride groom and the B.O.C. ( church) as the bride.

You might want to study Jewish marriages and how they are betrothed before the coming marriage,and the coming of the bride groom. It is applicable to how Jesus described Himself and the B.O.C.

SaulToPaul 2

Looks like the BOC according to the verse !

Rev 21:9
And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

:chuckle:

It's a city.

Danoh

It's a city.

No; it is the people the city is comprised of and which its people represents.

As in a meeting between people from different cities. The host announcing "Let's see who's here today...Atlanta's here; Houston's here; some people from Chicago; over there are George and Betty Anne all the way from Anchorage..."

That kind of thing.

Jeremiah 3:6 The LORD said also unto me in the days of Josiah the king, Hast thou seen that which backsliding Israel hath done? she is gone up upon every high mountain and under every green tree, and there hath played the harlot. 3:7 And I said after she had done all these things, Turn thou unto me. But she returned not. And her treacherous sister Judah saw it.

Jeremiah 3:17 At that time they shall call Jerusalem the throne of the LORD; and all the nations shall be gathered unto it, to the name of the LORD, to Jerusalem: neither shall they walk any more after the imagination of their evil heart. 3:18 In those days the house of Judah shall walk with the house of Israel, and they shall come together out of the land of the north to the land that I have given for an inheritance unto your fathers. 3:19 But I said, How shall I put thee among the children, and give thee a pleasant land, a goodly heritage of the hosts of nations? and I said, Thou shalt call me, My father; and shalt not turn away from me. 3:20 Surely as a wife treacherously departeth from her husband, so have ye dealt treacherously with me, O house of Israel, saith the LORD.

Revelation 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Revelation 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Apparantly dodge remains unaware of one more of the many inconsistencies his conclusions and assertions fail to consider.

He has the Body confused with New Jerusalem's inhabitants.

Things that differ...are not the same, dodge.

Still, thanks for the opportunity your opposition in your error can represent.

The opportunity to reflect on all these things again to the glory of the Father in His Son by His Spirit through His Word laid out aright - Amen!

Bring on your errors, bro.

Remain fully persuaded in your own mind to you see otherwise.

Proverbs 27:17

2 Cor. 5:10

:think:

Danoh

How is the city, then, their mother?

Lol, you ever hear of expressions like "the city that gave birth to hot dogs...to Jazz...to Willie Nelson...to..."

Sheesh - you are too...literal, bro.

Matthew 21:10 And when he was come into Jerusalem, all the city was moved, saying, Who is this?

Matthew 23:37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

Luke 19:41 And when he was come near, he beheld the city, and wept over it, 19:42 Saying, If thou hadst known, even thou, at least in this thy day, the things which belong unto thy peace! but now they are hid from thine eyes. 19:43 For the days shall come upon thee, that thine enemies shall cast a trench about thee, and compass thee round, and keep thee in on every side, 19:44 And shall lay thee even with the ground, and thy children within thee; and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another; because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation.

Danoh

In the Revelation, I see a man (Christ), woman (the City), and their children (144,000)

That is your distinction.

The whole thing is a metaphor representing the reality between Christ and that Nation: The People.

You've over simplified the simple.

As in the following - spiritual realities are being described...

Galatians 4:25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children. 4:26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Agar was not actually, literal, physical Sinai, for example.

This why passages like those end you up holding to a view similar to the 28ers on some of these things, bro: your approach is off.

Proverbs 27:17

Eph. 4:16

dodge

Is the New Jerusalem your mother, too?

Nah,my mom's name was Margaret.

You might want to look up bride groom and bride to see what they mean . How do you figure a bride is a building ? In scripture the bride groom presents Jesus and the bride represents the church

SaulToPaul 2

Nah,my mom's name was Margaret.

You might want to look up bride groom and bride to see what they mean . How do you figure a bride is a building ? In scripture the bride groom presents Jesus and the bride represents the church

Nope, the Revelation shows the LORD joined to the City, and their children are with them.

dodge

Nope, the Revelation shows the LORD joined to the City, and their children are with them.

So you figure the bride groom (Jesus) was sacrificed for the mansions He went to prepare for those in Him, and not the people in New Jerusalem ?

Revelation 21:9-15Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb’s wife.

Do you believe Jesus is married to the mansions ?

SaulToPaul 2

So you figure the bride groom (Jesus) was sacrificed for the mansions He went to prepare for those in Him, and not the people in New Jerusalem ?

Revelation 21:9-15Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb’s wife.

Do you believe Jesus is married to the mansions ?