Why do people like Trump?

The Berean

I'm asking this to try and find what the typical Trump supporter is like. They're presented in the media as being blue-collar, country music loving, NASCAR and WWE viewing, Bible thumpin' people without advanced college degrees who live in the "flyover" states. Of course I know there are probably both nuggets of truth as well as exaggerations and misrepresentations in that characterization of the typical Trump supporter.

I know there are some Trump supporters on here, but do many of you live in the heart of Trump country? if so, what are the demographics/ what percentage of the locals support Trump? How close or far are they to the characterizaion above? How passionate are the about Trump? Are they pushy or preachy with their views?

One of the reasons I am asking is because I myself am a Trump supporter, but I live in San Francisco, CA, of all places, and rarely visit ares where there are a lot of Trump supporters; most of my travel has been either international or long before Trump was elected. I definitely don't fit many of the characterizations above: I'm white collar, don't listen to much country music, don't watch NASCAr or WWE, am an atheist, have a Bachelor's degree, and live in San Francisco. I have a few friends out here who support Trump, but I don't think they're really "typical" either. Out here, it is probably 90% Trump dis-approvers, and they're passionate and preachy about it.

Anyways, thanks for any insight.
SUTG! Welcome back my friend. You've been gone a while. A Trump supporter living in San Francisco?! How do you survive the onslaught? I live just down the road in Sunnyvale.

SUTG

SUTG! Welcome back my friend. You've been gone a while. A Trump supporter living in San Francisco?! How do you survive the onslaught? I live just down the road in Sunnyvale.

Heh! I remember you from about 40 years ago. You were one of my favorite posters back in the day, but I don't see many of the others from back then (Knight, johnny, Hilston, money, etc.) I remember that you live down the peninsula, and IIRC you're a Latino, right? I also recall you replying with a :flamer: smiley once in a thread where I mentioned I liked jalapeño and pineapple pizza. Good stuff!

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
... money ...

if you mean k:DK: he still pops in every once in a while

you might remember me from back in the day as koban or, as kmoney used to say ko:blabla:

I remember you, often confused you with SOTK

The Berean

Heh! I remember you from about 40 years ago. You were one of my favorite posters back in the day, but I don't see many of the others from back then (Knight, johnny, Hilston, money, etc.)
Those were good times. I miss the old timers.

I remember that you live down the peninsula, and IIRC you're a Latino, right?

Yes, on both counts.

I also recall you replying with a :flamer: smiley once in a thread where I mentioned I liked jalapeño and pineapple pizza. Good stuff!
Hahaha. I also remember when you used to say, "I'm am atheist, which means I worship myself :bow: "

SUTG

Beautiful day today, working outside, cued this up on the Android while I'm raking leaves - very much recommend

I finally listened to this. very good stuff, although i've heard him make many of the same points before in his writings.

The next time you're raking leaves, you might want to check out the Armstrong and Getty podcast at https://www.iheart.com/podcast/the-armstrong-and-getty-show-20474616/

It is not really a podcast, but an am radio show that plays on the West Coast every weekday morning from 6am -10am. This radio program is then distributed as a podcast. Because of this, it moves at a different pace and has a different style than your typical podcast. It's mostly current events with a slight lean toward politics. They're both right-libertarian leaning and both Christians, and they're both pretty funny. Lots of ranting about social issues and media, as well as more serious analysis. But mostly funny. Victor Davis Hanson is an occasional guest.

As an example of their sense of humor, they often refer to emails and letters they receive from fags, where "FAG" stands for "Friend of Armstrong and Getty". Progressive types definitely clutch their pearls when they hear it.

Arthur Brain

Heh! I remember you from about 40 years ago. You were one of my favorite posters back in the day, but I don't see many of the others from back then (Knight, johnny, Hilston, money, etc.) I remember that you live down the peninsula, and IIRC you're a Latino, right? I also recall you replying with a :flamer: smiley once in a thread where I mentioned I liked jalapeño and pineapple pizza. Good stuff!

Nothing wrong with pineapple on a pizza!

quip

BANNED
Banned
:freak:

you're doing it wrong

Yes but the Plague-in-Chief is making "America Great Again".....right? :devil:

COVID-19, Trump, and MAGA. What a ruefully humourous trifecta of home-spun fate.

The parallels and timing must be from none other than god or karma.