Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spockrates

If you have been converted then you have the Spirit and the promise is for you. Don't try and convince yourself that you have been converted.

OK, let me ask an easier question: I'm thinking the passage teaches true Christians to no longer fear, since they have the Spirit. But what do you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Do you mean that if I know Jesus I ought to have a faith that makes me certain?

Yes, at lease you ought to know if you are in the right path.

It seems that you are not sure if you are Jesus' follow or not.

It is a decision you have to make to accept Him as your Lord and Savior.

If you agree with what Jesus has to say. You will deicide to follow Him.

Truster

OK, let me ask an easier question: I'm thinking the passage teaches true Christians to no longer fear, since they have the Spirit. But what do you think?

I don't need an easier question. I have answered you and the answer is in the affirmative.

Spockrates

Foundation.

If we know Jesus, we ought to know.

So I wish I had the kind of certainty you have, but I don't think my faith is capable of being that strong. I wonder, then about the meaning of these words:

1 Corinthians 12:7-9 Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit... .

I wonder if they mean God doesn't give every child of his a faith like yours. For he leaves some who want to be as certain as that in doubt. I mean, though God might have given me wisdom to know there's so much I don't know, that wisdom might come at a price of not receiving a strong faith. For I see faith as being certainty in what the Bible teaches, but I find myself not being sure exactly what it teaches, so my faith is somewhat based on uncertainty, and an uncertain faith is not the strongest one, I think.

Please note: I'm not asking you to give me the miracle cure for my uncertainty! I'm just being open about my spiritual condition.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You see Spock,

Christians are supposed to be Jesus' followers, yet, most churches are not devoting to follow Jesus. They are basing mostly Paul's teachings.

And his teachings are not as clear as Jesus.

That's why it is important to know what Jesus has to say because His word is perfect and simple and clear mostly.

That's is the beginning of Christianity.

Spockrates

Foundation.

I don't need an easier question. I have answered you and the answer is in the affirmative.

Yeah, no. My apologies for how that sounded! Wasn't saying the question was too difficult. I meant taking the uncertainty of my spiritual state out of the question might help.

Edit: My thought is Romans 8 is teaching Christians to not fear God.

Truster

You see Spock,

Christians are supposed to be Jesus' followers, yet, most churches are not devoting to follow Jesus. They are basing mostly Paul's teachings.

That's why it is important to know what Jesus has to say because His word is perfect and simple and clear mostly.

Your following 'Jesus' will last until your last breath and beat of your heart. When you leave time and enter eternity you will then realise your mistake. You'll want to come back and put it right, but you won't be able.

Having been cast into outer darkness you will be continually and violently destroyed, but you won't destruct, over and over and over again with no respite. No glimmer of light, no glimmer of respite from the interminable terrors that face you. Nobody to speak with and nothing to take your mind of things.

Repent and trust the evangelism.

Truster

Yeah, no. My apologies for how that sounded! Wasn't saying the question was too difficult. I meant taking the uncertainty of my spiritual state out of the question might help.

Edit: My thought is Romans 8 is teaching Christians to not fear God.

Romans 8 is not instruction on what to do or not do. Romans 8:14 to 17 is a statement of fact. This is how we* are and not what we* must do.

we* the redeemed, regenerate, repentant sinners.

Look the the Bible for what it is. The last will and testament of the Eternal. Anyone can read a will, but only the beneficiaries or heirs can benefit under the terms of a will. Nobody can just add themselves to the will of the Father by following Jesus.

Spockrates

Foundation.

You see Spock,

Thanks. What I've experienced, having attended many different churches and listened to many different Bible teachers, is that most agree we should obey Christ, they just disagree on what the consequences will be for not obeying.

Truster

Thanks. What I've experienced, having attended many different churches and listened to many different Bible teachers, is that most agree we should obey Christ, they just disagree on what the consequences will be for not obeying.

Obedience is not something a regenerate man must do. Its what he does, because of the new nature he's received. The unconverted religious cannot comprehend this, because they have never experienced it.

When Messiah called Lazarus out of the grave Messiah didn't need to tell him to breath.

meshak

BANNED
Banned

You still don't seem to get what I am saying.

Most churches are following Paul's teachings instead of what Jesus teaches.

That's why I am saying that you read what Jesus has to say first.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Your following 'Jesus' will last until your last breath and beat of your heart. When you leave time and enter eternity you will then realise your mistake. You'll want to come back and put it right, but you won't be able.

Having been cast into outer darkness you will be continually and violently destroyed, but you won't destruct, over and over and over again with no respite. No glimmer of light, no glimmer of respite from the interminable terrors that face you. Nobody to speak with and nothing to take your mind of things.

Repent and trust the evangelism.

May God bless you with Jesus' teachings.

Spockrates

Foundation.

Obedience is not something a regenerate man must do. Its what he does, because of the new nature he's received. The unconverted religious cannot comprehend this, because they have never experienced it.

When Messiah called Lazarus out of the grave Messiah didn't need to tell him to breath.

I see. So is this a consistent, unfailing or perfect obedience that a regenerate man practices? Is obeying for him as easy as taking a deep breath?

If so, then I'm certainly not so, but want to be!

Spockrates

You still don't seem to get what I am saying.

Most churches are following Paul's teachings instead of what Jesus teaches.

That's why I am saying that you read what Jesus has to say first.

You mean Paul wasn't following what Jesus had to say?

Truster

I see. So is this a consistent, unfailing or perfect obedience that a regenerate man practices?

It's not perfect, it's not unfailing and is often not consistent. Nothing the regenerate man thinks, says or does is accepted because of the standard of it. It is accepted in the Beloved. The blood of Messiah has sanctified the redeemed in everything. That is the purpose of trust, not in ourselves and what we can do, but in Him, what He has done, is doing and will fulfill to the glory of the Father. Amen.

Ephesians 1:6 KJV

Status
Not open for further replies.