Jesus' Commandments

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
When the priest was changed the law as to who was priest was changed...

He was clear that after He was gone there would be persecution and even time of trouble and when that time of trouble came believers who wished to stay true were to flee not fight...

And thus they were to pray that in order for the Sabbath to be kept their time of trouble and fleeing would not interfere with their Sabbath keeping.

It is crystal clear that He, as you say, brought Sabbath into the new covenant...

Is why Paul affirmed Sabbath by not only keeping it but writing Heb 4:9...

A Sabbath keeping remains...work six days rest the seventh...

Stop making liars of both of them...

I said
You seem to always have a lot of your own opinion with no facts or evidence.

clefty

I said
You seem to always have a lot of your own opinion with no facts or evidence.

You are accusing Paul of changing the law which is what the Jews did and the author of acts has them as false witnesses and slanderers...

Maybe they used his letter to the Romans as you do to accuse him of allowing people to choose whatever day they wished to replace the Sabbath with...

Well these false witnesses were false as he was not teaching that at all...but which day one should fast on...

He even made a vow to show he was not teaching a change of the Law...it satisfied even James the brother of the Law giver...

That is why centuries later at important Church councils it was determined that Sunday keeping was indeed NOT in scripture but came later and by later Church authority...

The Church relies on this change she made in fact to assert her authority at all...

Again...think NOT that the Law was destroyed...

But was changed later by man outside of scripture and by the spirit of "do what thou wilt" ...and also in order to enjoy Sunday Ham...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You are accusing Paul of changing the law which is what the Jews did and the author of acts has them as false witnesses and slanderers...

Maybe they used his letter to the Romans as you do to accuse him of allowing people to choose whatever day they wished to replace the Sabbath with...

Well these false witnesses were false as he was not teaching that at all...but which day one should fast on...

He even made a vow to show he was not teaching a change of the Law...it satisfied even James the brother of the Law giver...

That is why centuries later at important Church councils it was determined that Sunday keeping was indeed NOT in scripture but came later and by later Church authority...

The Church relies on this change she made in fact to assert her authority at all...

Again...think NOT that the Law was destroyed...

But was changed later by man outside of scripture and by the spirit of "do what thou wilt" ...and also in order to enjoy Sunday Ham...

I said
Blah blah blah. Your need evidence.

clefty

I said

I already showed you those pearls...go back and read

But having them ignored the first time by you reminds me about a scripture text saying something about where not to cast pearls ...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I already showed you those pearls...go back and read

But having them ignored the first time by you reminds me about a scripture text saying something about where not to cast pearls ...

I said
lol That's it open with a joke

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
John 15:12 NASB - "This is My commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved you.

I don't know what a commandment is. I also think of the Ten Commandments.

Here is the word commandment used by Jesus.

Matthew 15:3 NASB - And He answered and said to them, "Why do you yourselves transgress the commandment of God for the sake of your tradition?

Matthew 22:36 NASB - "Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?"

Matthew 22:38 NASB - "This is the great and foremost commandment.

Mark 7:8 NASB - "Neglecting the commandment of God, you hold to the tradition of men."

Mark 7:9 NASB - He was also saying to them, "You are experts at setting aside the commandment of God in order to keep your tradition.

Mark 10:5 NASB - But Jesus said to them, "Because of your hardness of heart he wrote you this commandment.

Mark 12:28 NASB - One of the scribes came and heard them arguing, and recognizing that He had answered them well, asked Him, "What commandment is the foremost of all?"

Mark 12:31 NASB - "The second is this, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.' There is no other commandment greater than these."

Luke 23:56 NASB - Then they returned and prepared spices and perfumes. And on the Sabbath they rested according to the commandment.

John 10:18 NASB - "No one has taken it away from Me, but I lay it down on My own initiative. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This commandment I received from My Father."

John 12:49 NASB - "For I did not speak on My own initiative, but the Father Himself who sent Me has given Me a commandment as to what to say and what to speak.

John 12:50 NASB - "I know that His commandment is eternal life; therefore the things I speak, I speak just as the Father has told Me."

John 13:34 NASB - "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another.

John 15:12 NASB - "This is My commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved you.

Here is the word commandment as it is used in Torah.

Exodus 24:12 NASB - Now the LORD said to Moses, "Come up to Me on the mountain and remain there, and I will give you the stone tablets with the law and the commandment which I have written for their instruction."

Exodus 25:22 NASB - "There I will meet with you; and from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubim which are upon the ark of the testimony, I will speak to you about all that I will give you in commandment for the sons of Israel.

Numbers 4:37 NASB - These are the numbered men of the Kohathite families, everyone who was serving in the tent of meeting, whom Moses and Aaron numbered according to the commandment of the LORD through Moses.

Numbers 4:41 NASB - These are the numbered men of the families of the sons of Gershon, everyone who was serving in the tent of meeting, whom Moses and Aaron numbered according to the commandment of the LORD.

Numbers 4:45 NASB - These are the numbered men of the families of the sons of Merari, whom Moses and Aaron numbered according to the commandment of the LORD through Moses.

Numbers 4:49 NASB - According to the commandment of the LORD through Moses, they were numbered, everyone by his serving or carrying; thus these were his numbered men, just as the LORD had commanded Moses.

Numbers 10:13 NASB - So they moved out for the first time according to the commandment of the LORD through Moses.

Numbers 14:41 NASB - But Moses said, "Why then are you transgressing the commandment of the LORD, when it will not succeed?

Numbers 15:23 NASB - even all that the LORD has commanded you through Moses, from the day when the LORD gave commandment and onward throughout your generations,

Numbers 15:31 NASB - 'Because he has despised the word of the LORD and has broken His commandment, that person shall be completely cut off; his guilt will be on him.'"

Deuteronomy 6:1 NASB - "Now this is the commandment, the statutes and the judgments which the LORD your God has commanded me to teach you, that you might do them in the land where you are going over to possess it,

Deuteronomy 6:25 NASB - "It will be righteousness for us if we are careful to observe all this commandment before the LORD our God, just as He commanded us.

Deuteronomy 7:11 NASB - "Therefore, you shall keep the commandment and the statutes and the judgments which I am commanding you today, to do them.

Deuteronomy 11:8 NASB - "You shall therefore keep every commandment which I am commanding you today, so that you may be strong and go in and possess the land into which you are about to cross to possess it;

Deuteronomy 11:22 NASB - "For if you are careful to keep all this commandment which I am commanding you to do, to love the LORD your God, to walk in all His ways and hold fast to Him,

Deuteronomy 15:5 NASB - if only you listen obediently to the voice of the LORD your God, to observe carefully all this commandment which I am commanding you today.

Deuteronomy 17:20 NASB - that his heart may not be lifted up above his countrymen and that he may not turn aside from the commandment, to the right or the left, so that he and his sons may continue long in his kingdom in the midst of Israel.

Deuteronomy 19:9 NASB - if you carefully observe all this commandment which I command you today, to love the LORD your God, and to walk in His ways always--then you shall add three more cities for yourself, besides these three.

Deuteronomy 30:11 NASB - "For this commandment which I command you today is not too difficult for you, nor is it out of reach.
Do we need a definition of commandment?

clefty

I said

The Protestants claim to stand upon the written word only. They profess to hold the Scripture alone as the standard of faith. They justify their revolt by the plea that the Church has apostatized from the written word and follows tradition. Now the Protestant claim, that they stand upon the written word only, is not true. Their profession of holding the Scripture alone as the standard of faith is false. PROOF: The written word explicitly enjoins the observance of the seventh day as the Sabbath. They do not observe the seventh day but reject it. If they do truly hold the scripture alone as their standard, they would be observing the seventh day as is enjoined in the Scripture throughout. Yet they not only reject the observance of the Sabbath enjoined in the written word, but they have adopted and do practice the observance of Sunday, for which they have only the tradition of the Church. Consequently the claim of ‘Scripture alone as the standard,’ fails; and the doctrine of ‘Scripture and tradition’ as essential, is fully established, the Protestants themselves being judges."

[The Archbisop of Reggio (Gaspar [Ricciulli] de Fosso) made his speech at the last opening session of Trent, (17th Session) reconvened under a new pope (Pius IV), on the 18th of January, 1562 after having been suspended in 1552.—J. H. Holtzman, Canon and Tradition, published in Ludwigsburg, Germany, in 1859, page 263, and Archbishop of Reggio’s address in the 17th session of the Council of Trent, Jan. 18, 1562, in Mansi SC, Vol. 33, cols. 529, 530. Latin.]

There was no getting around this, for the Protestants’ own statement of faith—the Augsburg Confession, 1530—had clearly admitted that "the observation of the Lord’s day" had been appointed by "the Church" only [meaning the Catholic Church].

http://www.sabbathtruth.com/sabbath-history/the-council-of-trent

The Council of Trent could have really used you squeaky old boy...

You could have stood up boldly and told them Paul said any day could be chosen and then read Romans 14 about day or day...as long as as they are truly convinced...

Can't believe all those doctorates and learned fancy speaking men missed that...

BTW-the word "enjoins" means to instruct admonish encourage etc...not destroy...

I will use it in a sentence...

My dinner companion said "You don't have to pay the bill! I fulfilled the debt!" I was at once surprised and doubtful. "No it's true! You don't," enjoined the waiter seeing my surprise "but the price is not destroyed it remains on the menu." I looked and sure enough it remained a large number. It was then I realized what was done and felt such gratitude.

Last edited:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
The Protestants claim to stand upon the written word only. They profess to hold the Scripture alone as the standard of faith. They justify their revolt by the plea that the Church has apostatized from the written word and follows tradition. Now the Protestant claim, that they stand upon the written word only, is not true. Their profession of holding the Scripture alone as the standard of faith is false. PROOF: The written word explicitly enjoins the observance of the seventh day as the Sabbath. They do not observe the seventh day but reject it. If they do truly hold the scripture alone as their standard, they would be observing the seventh day as is enjoined in the Scripture throughout. Yet they not only reject the observance of the Sabbath enjoined in the written word, but they have adopted and do practice the observance of Sunday, for which they have only the tradition of the Church. Consequently the claim of ‘Scripture alone as the standard,’ fails; and the doctrine of ‘Scripture and tradition’ as essential, is fully established, the Protestants themselves being judges."

[The Archbisop of Reggio (Gaspar [Ricciulli] de Fosso) made his speech at the last opening session of Trent, (17th Session) reconvened under a new pope (Pius IV), on the 18th of January, 1562 after having been suspended in 1552.—J. H. Holtzman, Canon and Tradition, published in Ludwigsburg, Germany, in 1859, page 263, and Archbishop of Reggio’s address in the 17th session of the Council of Trent, Jan. 18, 1562, in Mansi SC, Vol. 33, cols. 529, 530. Latin.]

There was no getting around this, for the Protestants’ own statement of faith—the Augsburg Confession, 1530—had clearly admitted that "the observation of the Lord’s day" had been appointed by "the Church" only [meaning the Catholic Church].

You could have stood up boldly and told them to chose any day they wanted and then read Romans 14 about day or day...as long as as they are convicted...

Can't believe they missed that...

BTW-the word "enjoins" means to instruct admonish encourage etc...not destroy...

My dinner companion said "You don't have to pay the bill! I fulfilled the debt!" I was at once surprised and doubtful. "No it's true! You don't," enjoined the waiter seeing my surprise "but the price is not destroyed it remains on the menu." I looked and sure enough it remained a large number. It was then I realized what was done and felt such gratitude.

You are legalist.

You don't seem to be able to read between the lines of scripture.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

You could have stood up boldly and told them Paul said any day could be chosen and then read Romans 14 about day or day...as long as as they are truly convinced...

Can't believe all those doctorates and learned fancy speaking men missed that...

I said
If you want to keep the Sabbath good. If you want to place yourself under the old testament that ok with me. Go for it.

clefty

I said
If you want to keep the Sabbath good. If you want to place yourself under the old testament that ok with me. Go for it.

He instructed prayers be said that the Sabbath remain unbroken even after He returned to heaven and the time of troubles started...

Sabbath remains...brought over as you say...and exemplified by Him and Paul as in the new covenant...they even hurried to bury Him to celebrate it...He could have said "don't bother" but He didn't nor did He say replace it with Sunday...that would be destroying it which He said He wouldn't...

Yup sabbath remains Paul says Heb 4:9 brought over into the new covenant...

clefty

You are legalist.

You don't seem to be able to read between the lines of scripture.

No silly...a legalist is someone who says you must do something to be saved...I want to keep sabbath because I am saved...do as He did...He asked me to...if I love Him

So it's tweety bird with his every day is Sabbath, Squeaky with his Sabbath not brought over to NT and now you with your read not the lines of scripture but between them...

Oh my...another gospel indeed

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
He instructed prayers be said that the Sabbath remain unbroken even after He returned to heaven and the time of troubles started...

Sabbath remains...brought over as you say...and exemplified by Him and Paul as in the new covenant...they even hurried to bury Him to celebrate it...He could have said "don't bother" but He didn't nor did He say replace it with Sunday...that would be destroying it which He said He wouldn't...

Yup sabbath remains Paul says Heb 4:9 brought over into the new covenant...

I said
ROFLOL Heb 4-9 isn't talking about the Sabbath.

clefty

I said
ROFLOL Heb 4-9 isn't talking about the Sabbath.

Sure it is...as a Sabbath keeping is a reminder of the good which is yet to come...eternal rest...

It certainly isn't about Sunday with its ham...

Last edited:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
No silly...a legalist is someone who says you must do something to be saved...I want to keep sabbath because I am saved...do as He did...He asked me to...if I love Him

Jesus commands many things to be saved.

Jesus also says we will be judged according to what we have done.

You life is not over yet so you don't know what kind of judgement you will get.

You are not a judge of anyone, including yourself.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

And what might these many things be?

clefty

Ummm...hang on...aren't grace only types who insist the law is done away with more apt to say we are judged by what we believe or have faith in...and not what we do...?

Being judged for what we do sounds like works and fruit oriented and well...those actions must be according to the Law...

BTW-we are to judge...scripture is the standard

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Ummm...hang on...aren't grace only types who insist the law is done away with more apt to say we are judged by what we believe or have faith in...and not what we do...?

Being judged for what we do sounds like works and fruit oriented and well...those actions must be according to the Law...

BTW-we are to judge...scripture is the standard

I SAID
Have you ever read the Word?
Rev 20:12
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books.

clefty

I SAID
Have you ever read the Word?
Rev 20:12
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books.

Sure I have and is why I am advocating a keeping of the commandments if we love Him. To love Him and others JUST AS He loved us...

And yet no matter how many times I read the Word I never come across Him or anyone offering Sunday Ham to the beloved ones...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Sure I have and is why I am advocating a keeping of the commandments if we love Him. To love Him and others JUST AS He loved us...

And yet no matter how many times I read the Word I never come across Him or anyone offering Sunday Ham to the beloved ones...

I said
Keep just one thing from the old testament that Jesus hasn't brought over to the new testament and you will fall from grace.

Gal 5:1-4

1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
(NKJ)

clefty

I said
Keep just one thing from the old testament that Jesus hasn't brought over to the new testament and you will fall from grace.

Gal 5:1-4

1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
(NKJ)

He brought Sabbath over...even exemplified it...protected it from the Pharisees who attempted to be justified by it...

Even Isaiah who knew He was coming was still able to write that from Sabbath to Sabbath all will come to worship...

Isaiah knew He would continue Sabbaths to the time when "here are they that keep the commandments of God and the testimony (not law) of Jesus"

or you making Isaiah and John the revelator liars too?