Obama: "No More Illegal Wiretapping of Amerian Citizens"

Danoh

Just like everyone else here, I'll post what I think is good information and if you don't like it, you can address the information in the post. And if you don't want to do that, then scroll right on by.

Bozo, Midol and crickets aren't advancing the conversation, they're just plain bizarre. Anything else you have to say to me, make it about the OP. I'm not interested in your bizarre.

Applause; applause.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Just like everyone else here, I'll post what I think is good information and if you don't like it, you can address the information in the post. And if you don't want to do that, then scroll right on by.

Bozo, Midol and crickets aren't advancing the conversation, they're just plain bizarre. Anything else you have to say to me, make it about the OP. I'm not interested in your bizarre.
You should hear what Judge Napolitano says on Lou Dobbs tonight https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik5Of3EqVcY

rewind to the beginning

Jerry Shugart

Trump’s team also sent over two articles from the New York Times. These articles are about intelligence probes related to Trump associates and Russian officials.

The first article, published on Jan. 12, reported that "American law enforcement and intelligence agencies were examining communications and financial transactions as part of a broad investigation into possible links between Russian officials and associates of then- President-elect Trump."

At one point, the article indicates that intelligence reports stemming from the intercepts were given to Obama’s administration.

"One official said intelligence reports based on some of the wiretapped communications had been provided to the White House," it reads.

musterion

Why do you insist on embarrassing yourself...The New York Times already reported back in January there were wiretapping. Sheesh, I wish people would use the brain God gave em.

She can't, then she'd have to admit she's been wrong on everything.

musterion

Actually I agree with what Hayden said....

Why?

The former director of the CIA said Monday that President Trump could simply demand proof that his phones had been tapped from the intelligence community, and that perhaps Trump “just for a moment forgot that he was President,” in making the claim without proof.

Or Trump not knowing (yet) which Obama loyalists are still on the inside trying to destroy his administration.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
She can't, then she'd have to admit she's been wrong on everything.

To recap "everything" from this thread:

1. Millions indeed will unquestioningly believe those three tweets from Trump, even in the face of the current clear information to the contrary.
2. I think Russia has meddled in our political system, but I don't know to what extent. I'm certainly open to finding out, and am amazed at how incurious the GOP and conservatives are about it.
3. I think Putin's used Trump for his own purposes and I don't think it's reciprocal - I don't think Trump has the ability to use Putin the same in return, so I consider Trump to be Putin's puppet.
4. It was wrong of Trump during the campaign to encourage Russia to do what they could regarding Hillary to help him out and I don't think he said that in jest.
5. I do wonder if Trump won't release his tax returns because they'll show the extent of his Russia dealings, and perhaps that he's deeply in debt to Russian interests.
6. I already know (posted about it the most recently here) about the FISA warrant. This OP's Gateway Pundit, in its blind, unquestioning belief in the truth of three tweets from Trump, is claiming there was illegal wiretapping by Obama. As yet, there's still no proof, only right-wing allegations passed on by Trump. The ramifications of Trump's three hasty tweets (followed by a fourth and last tweet about TV ratings for The Apprentice, no less - does that not tell you something about his state of mind? Anything?) - the ramifications are nothing less than historic.

These are all reasonable things for a citizen to consider - but some here can't get past their Obama/Clinton derangement syndrome to acknowledge the chaos coming from the White House is caused by the person they voted into office.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
some here can't get past their Obama/Clinton derangement syndrome to acknowledge the chaos coming from the White House is caused by the person they voted into office.
Obama and the left have caused all the chaos. You don't seem to care about the evidence thart Obama was running a police state, gathering information from whoever he chose to. You'll see in the coming days and weeks.

Jerry Shugart

As yet, there's still no proof, only right-wing allegations passed on by Trump.

Where is the proof that Trump or anyone associated with his campaign colluded with the Russians in order to overthrow the democratic process in the USA?

What's good for the goose is good for the gander!

Jerry Shugart

Obama and the left have caused all the chaos. You don't seem to care about the evidence thart Obama was running a police state, gathering information from whoever he chose to. You'll see in the coming days and weeks.

There is no doubt that they are practiced in running things like a police state:

Back in 2013, Fox News journalist, James Rosen, was named a 'criminal co-conspirator' and 'flight risk' by then AG Holder -- which led to a series of events that made Holden later regret doing it. With Holden's explicit direction, the DOJ secretly accessed all of Rosen's gmails, contacts, and surveilled of more than 20 phone lines connected to him, including his mother's phone in Staten Island, NY.

The Washington Post's Dana Milbank wrote a piece on the ordeal, saying "The Rosen affair is as flagrant an assault on civil liberties as anything done by George W. Bush’s administration, and it uses technology to silence critics in a way Richard Nixon could only have dreamed of. To treat a reporter as a criminal for doing his job — seeking out information the government doesn’t want made public — deprives Americans of the First Amendment freedom on which all other constitutional rights are based."

When that attack on Rosen's civil rights was uncovered I did not hear a peep from the liberals.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
To recap "everything" from this thread:

1. Millions indeed will unquestioningly believe those three tweets from Trump, even in the face of the current clear information to the contrary.
2. I think Russia has meddled in our political system, but I don't know to what extent. I'm certainly open to finding out, and am amazed at how incurious the GOP and conservatives are about it.
3. I think Putin's used Trump for his own purposes and I don't think it's reciprocal - I don't think Trump has the ability to use Putin the same in return, so I consider Trump to be Putin's puppet.
4. It was wrong of Trump during the campaign to encourage Russia to do what they could regarding Hillary to help him out and I don't think he said that in jest.
5. I do wonder if Trump won't release his tax returns because they'll show the extent of his Russia dealings, and perhaps that he's deeply in debt to Russian interests.
6. I already know (posted about it the most recently here) about the FISA warrant. This OP's Gateway Pundit, in its blind, unquestioning belief in the truth of three tweets from Trump, is claiming there was illegal wiretapping by Obama. As yet, there's still no proof, only right-wing allegations passed on by Trump. The ramifications of Trump's three hasty tweets (followed by a fourth and last tweet about TV ratings for The Apprentice, no less - does that not tell you something about his state of mind? Anything?) - the ramifications are nothing less than historic.

These are all reasonable things for a citizen to consider - but some here can't get past their Obama/Clinton derangement syndrome to acknowledge the chaos coming from the White House is caused by the person they voted into office.

My, how the time has flown.