JUDAISM: The Mother of All Reglions

Ben Masada

We are not subject to Israel's law. Also we are not subject to Russian law or Islamic law.

But we are subject to NT law. I'm not saying you observe NT law, I realize you don't.

Why not repent and believe Jesus' gospel of the kingdom?

Jesus' gospel of the Kingdom was the Tanach. Every time he referred to the Word of God, he had the Tanach in mind. The NT he never even dreamed would ever rise. The NT is the gospel of Paul. It was according to the gospel of Paul that Jesus was the Christ the Messiah and resurrected. (II Timothy 2:8) To repent and believe the gospel of Jesus, one must join God's Covenant with His People and get a name better than sons and daughters. (Isaiah 56:1-8)

Ben Masada

Judaism didn't exist until Isaac.
And barely. It wasn't until Moses that it took real form.

That's why I can't take this thread seriously. It's humorously naive :plain:

Judaism exists from the time of Abraham. Therefore, the mother of all religions reports to before Abraham. That was the time of the pagan religions of Baals. As it always happens to all things, Judaism too went through some evolution as to become what we have today.

Robert Pate

Banned
This is what some Christians think. But it is simply false. Have you ever read the "Old " Testament?

The law demands perfection. No one can do or keep the law.

Because of the law the whole world stands guilty before God, Romans 3:19.

Epoisses

We are not subject to Israel's law. Also we are not subject to Russian law or Islamic law.

But we are subject to NT law. I'm not saying you observe NT law, I realize you don't.

NT law is called love and yes we are subject to it.

Epoisses

Jesus' gospel of the Kingdom was the Tanach. Every time he referred to the Word of God, he had the Tanach in mind. The NT he never even dreamed would ever rise. The NT is the gospel of Paul. It was according to the gospel of Paul that Jesus was the Christ the Messiah and resurrected. (II Timothy 2:8) To repent and believe the gospel of Jesus, one must join God's Covenant with His People and get a name better than sons and daughters. (Isaiah 56:1-8)

Jesus said if you hate you're a murderer and if you lust you're an adulterer. Not found in the Tanach.

Robert Pate

Banned
Why do you distort scripture? Paul qualified his statement as being to those who are under the law.

:deadhorse:

Paul said, "The whole world stands guilty before God to those who are under law" We are all under the law because of sin. Only those who profess faith in Christ will escape the judgment.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul said, "The whole world stands guilty before God to those who are under law" We are all under the law because of sin. Only those who profess faith in Christ will escape the judgment.

Paul said that if we judge ourselves we need not be judged.

Robert Pate

Banned
Paul said that if we judge ourselves we need not be judged.

What did Paul mean by that statement?

He meant that if you judged yourself you would become aware of the fact that you are a sinner and you would accept Christ as your savior and escape the judgment.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
What did Paul mean by that statement?

He meant that if you judged yourself you would become aware of the fact that you are a sinner and you would accept Christ as your savior and escape the judgment.

Nope, Paul explained what he meant.

Therefore whoever eats this bread or drinks this cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. But let a man examine himself and so let him eat of the bread and drink of the cup.

For he who eats and drinks in an unworthy manner eats and drinks judgment to himself not discerning the Lord’s body. For this reason many are weak and sick among you, and many sleep. For if we would judge ourselves, we would not be judged.

But when we are judged, we are chastened by the Lord, that we may not be condemned with the world. (1 Corinthians 11:27-32)​

Robert Pate

Banned
Nope, Paul explained what he meant.

Therefore whoever eats this bread or drinks this cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. But let a man examine himself and so let him eat of the bread and drink of the cup.

For he who eats and drinks in an unworthy manner eats and drinks judgment to himself not discerning the Lord’s body. For this reason many are weak and sick among you, and many sleep. For if we would judge ourselves, we would not be judged.

But when we are judged, we are chastened by the Lord, that we may not be condemned with the world. (1 Corinthians 11:27-32)​

You seem to think that you can be saved by what you do, or by what you have become.

The Pharisees thought the same thing. If you want to know what Jesus thought of them read the 23rd chapter of Matthew.

Ben Masada

Jesus said if you hate you're a murderer and if you lust you're an adulterer. Not found in the Tanach.

Wrong! Jesus could not have said that because he was not a fool. He knew that to hate or to lust are not transgressions against the Law but to murder and to commit adultery were. To hate and to lust are to be avoided not doubt but as fences around the commandment. If we avoid hating or lusting, the commandment to murder and to commit adultery become remote or almost impossible to be committed. That's what Jesus meant we would learn from listening to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31)

Ben Masada

Before God told him he would become a father to many nations his name was Abram.

When God called Abram he was an uncircumcised Gentile.

The true version of this text is that Abram would become a father of many tribes aka 12 Tribes. That's when he became known as Abraham. The name is an expansion of Abram as the 12 Tribes he would become the father of would be an expansion of being only himself.

Ben Masada

What's the NT law? Can you quote to me some commandments of the NT law? I already believe Jesus' gospel which was the Tanach. That's the gospel Jesus always referred to as the Word of God. The NT Jesus never even dreamed would ever rise. He was a Jew if I am to remind you for the hundreds of times. You seem to mix or confuse him with Paul as if he was a Christian under a fictitious NT law.