Robert's Gospel According to the Apostle Paul

clefty

Nothing could be further from the truth.

The Lord came in judgement to that wicked generation in 70AD, just like He said He would.

Also, you need to do a study on the word "this". The word "this" is a demonstrative adjective that modifies the noun "generation".

But, your Dispensationalism will most likely get in the way of you knowing the truth.

Lord Titus? Or?

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
(Luke 17:25) But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation.

(Luke 21:32) Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.

Only one generation of Jews rejected Christ Jesus, and that was the generation of His contemporaries.

Slam dunk!

Good job Tet.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Lord Titus? Or?

(Isaiah 19:1) The burden of Egypt. Behold, the Lord rideth upon a swift cloud, and shall come into Egypt: and the idols of Egypt shall be moved at his presence, and the heart of Egypt shall melt in the midst of it.

Did God literally ride a literal cloud into Egypt? Did the heart of Egypt literally melt?

No, that's metaphoric language that describes the Assyrian army invading Egypt.

Why is it so hard for you guys to understand that the same type of metaphoric language was used to describe what happened to Jerusalem in 70AD?

clefty

Slam dunk!

Good job Tet.

Passover was fulfilled but is not a sin offering...now until judgment day or the day of atONEment we are not free of sin but merely PASSED OVER...

The day comes when He returns and brings His reward for our good works and we become at one with Him for Him to take us to tabernacle with Him until our new earth and new heaven are ready...and sin its curse of death is no more

Then finally all is fulfilled the jots and tittles too...and the heavens and earth pass away...become new

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
(Luke 17:25) But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation.

(Luke 21:32) Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.

Only one generation of Jews rejected Christ Jesus, and that was the generation of His contemporaries.

I thought YOU were the one that posted all the reasons Israel is NOT of God, or his servant Jesus the Christ. Was that you?

Stay with the tour and stay on topic. You are just making yourself look dopey.
The subject Tet is addressing is the use of the word "generation" in and around the referenced verse.

Here's another:

Luke 11:31 The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with the men of this generation, and condemn them: for she came from the utmost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here.

Luke 21:32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.

Can you find a verse where generation plainly means thousands of years in the future without appealing to futurist presupposition?

clefty

(Isaiah 19:1) The burden of Egypt. Behold, the Lord rideth upon a swift cloud, and shall come into Egypt: and the idols of Egypt shall be moved at his presence, and the heart of Egypt shall melt in the midst of it.

Did God literally ride a literal cloud into Egypt? Did the heart of Egypt literally melt?

No, that's metaphoric language that describes the Assyrian army invading Egypt.

Why is it so hard for you guys to understand that the same type of metaphoric language was used to describe what happened to Jerusalem in 70AD?

You guys? LOL no need to get so snarky about it...never heard the Lord came in 70 is all...

I have a hard enough time getting people to understand circumcision and sacrifices themselves were NOT actually able to save nor were they done to save...but a sort of metaphor

Thanks though

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Here's another:

Here's supporting verses:

(Luke 19:43-44) The days will come upon you when your enemies will build an embankment against you and encircle you and hem you in on every side. 44 They will dash you to the ground, you and the children within your walls. They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of God’s coming to you.

Jesus wasn't talking to people 2,000+ years into the future. He was specifically talking to the generation of Jews who not only rejected Him, but had Him crucified.

john w

Hall of Fame
Stay with the tour and stay on topic. You are just making yourself look dopey.
The subject Tet is addressing is the use of the word "generation" in and around the referenced verse.

Here's another:

Luke 11:31 The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with the men of this generation, and condemn them: for she came from the utmost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here.

Luke 21:32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.

Can you find a verse where generation plainly means thousands of years in the future without appealing to futurist presupposition?

Just so we know your "take:" Did "the second time" already happen?

john w

Hall of Fame

(Mark 13:30) Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.

Change your name to "George," did you,"post one verse in isolationist?"

Take your seat, as I am not calling on you.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Change your name to "George," did you,"post one verse in isolationist?"

Take your seat, as I am not calling on you.

(Mark 13:2) “Do you see all these great buildings?” replied Jesus. “Not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down.”

We know from secular history this prophecy was fulfilled in 70AD.

john w

Hall of Fame
You don't know, and you're weighing in on "The Second Coming," prophesy?

Joseph, as a "type" of Christ:

Acts 7:13 And at the second time Joseph was made known to his brethren; and Joseph’s kindred was made known unto Pharaoh.

So, just as Joseph, who was not recognized by his brethren when he first appeared to them, he was when he appeared again unto his brethren, "the second time," so will the anti-type, the Lord Jesus Christ, who was not recognized by the vast majority of His brethren when He appeared on earth, at "the second time," "The Second Coming," he will be recognized...

Hebrews 9:28 KJV so Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

john w

Hall of Fame
(Mark 13:2) “Do you see all these great buildings?” replied Jesus. “Not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down.”

We know from secular history this prophecy was fulfilled in 70AD.

You are not George. Hush. You're quite amusing on TOL, needing attention, but quite harmless. Again-I am not calling on you.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Acts 7:13 And at the second time Joseph was made known to his brethren; and Joseph’s kindred was made known unto Pharaoh.

So, just as Joseph, who was not recognized by his brethren when he first appeared to them, he was when he appeared again unto his brethren, "the second time,"

LOL....then after they recognized Joseph, Jacob and the rest of the family went to Egypt, and then they ended up in slavery for 430 years.

Nice try John, but that is not a typology to the second coming of Christ Jesus.

john w

Hall of Fame
LOL....then after they recognized Joseph, Jacob and the rest of the family went to Egypt, and then they ended up in slavery for 430 years.

Nice try John, but that is not a typology to the second coming of Christ Jesus.

Yes, it is. But I did not ask for your input, nor am I arguing, for your benefit. You are not George, but I know you are starving for attention. You are quite amusing, but harmless. Hush. I might call on you in the future, but not now.

clefty

He came in judgment.

Yes yes got it...

But one day He will actually come and then we will go to heaven transformed in a blink of an eye and be with Him tabernacling and then New Jerusalem it’s new heaven new earth and NO MORE SIN...and thus no need for law to point anything out

That’s when jots and tittles will be fufilled and heavens and earth pass away

But until then THINK NOT the law is destroyed

Or fulfilled as you use the word which destroys the law makes it null and void

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
You don't know, and you're weighing in on "The Second Coming," prophesy?

I did not say I did not know. I asked you to define what you meant because there are a 'thousand' different interpretations.
Thank you for doing so.

Joseph, as a "type" of Christ:

So, just as Joseph, who was not recognized by his brethren when he first appeared to them, he was when he appeared again unto his brethren, "the second time," so will the anti-type, the Lord Jesus Christ, who was not recognized by the vast majority of His brethren when He appeared on earth, at "the second time," "The Second Coming," he will be recognized...

Hebrews 9:28 KJV so Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

My "take" is this:

The destruction of Jerusalem and the temple was the fulfillment of Christ's promise to use the Roman army to completely destroy the temple and the city. Luk 21:20KJV Luk 19:44KJV This was, as Tet has said, a coming (appearance) in judgement (only) but not "unto them that look for him" as mentioned in Hebrews but, rather, unto those who did not look for Him.

He will appear to "them that look for him", those of faith, the redeemed, at a different time than when He appeared in judgement upon His enemies in 70 A.D. I do not disagree with the historic church that this will be at the end of time. So, to put it succinctly, believers are to look for His return for them.

There are many types and anti-types in the Bible and, I agree, Joseph is a really good one. But I do not necessarily agree with reading more into the 'Joseph as a type of Christ' than scripture warrants. There are limitations. As an example; Jesus' familial brothers did recognize that He was the Christ, as did many others. And Jesus never rose to 'earthly' authority the way Joseph did.

I don't see anything significant about the "second time" mentioned in Acts when compared to it being mentioned in Hebrews other than as a historical fact. It is no more or less significant than Gen 22:15KJV