Free Will

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
By the way, I believe that beloved57 has ignored/blocked me, so if someone wants to repeat my questions to them, feel free to do so.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

Jamie Gigliotti

That scripture doesn't say anything about man having a freewill!

You are the self righteous one. God supposedly saved you based upon a quality you had that another didn't have, so he didn't save them. Thats pride and self righteousness.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Ha, ha the devil's attempt to twist humility.

"God opposses the Proud, but gives grace to the humble". 1 Peter 5:5

Humility is a choice. A continual choice, a choice to grow in humility and in Christ.

Humility is admitting the need for Christ. Humility says I am no better than anyone else. No one can boast about humility, boasting proves its non-existence.

The devil's goal is to tempt one into thinking humility has been fully obtained resulting in pride.

Humility is not an effort in oneself its the chosen need of Christ.

beloved57

Ha, ha the devil's attempt to twist humility.

"God opposses the Proud, but gives grace to the humble". 1 Peter 5:5

Humility is a choice. A continual choice, a choice to grow in humility and in Christ.

Humility is admitting the need for Christ. Humility says I am no better than anyone else. No one can boast about humility, boasting proves its non-existence.

The devil's goal is to tempt one into thinking humility has been fully obtained resulting in pride.

Humility is not an effort in oneself its the chosen need of Christ.

You are proud, you believe that God would save you because of some good quality you had over others that He didn't save.

marhig

That is what you believe about yourself. Everyone who denies the Sovereign Election believes. If God doesn't make a person to differ, then the person does, which is pride.

I haven't got a clue what type of sovereign election you believe in, but, to believe that you are elect and above others and others who aren't in your church don't stand a chance is just so self-righteous it's unbelievable. The elect are those born of God, and they aren't special in the way that you see yourself, the only thing good and special in them is Gods holy spirit. Gods true people don't see themselves as "special" in a self-righteous way, they see themselves as blessed. And they become servants with the hope that Christ in them by the power of the holy spirit will reconcile as many to God as possible, and they hope that everyone will have the chance to hear the word of God and with hope in their hearts that they believe.

Why did Jesus send preachers to preach to everyone if everyone didn't have a chance to know God?

beloved57

I haven't got a clue what type of sovereign election you believe in, but, to believe that you are elect and above others and others who aren't in your church don't stand a chance is just so self-righteous it's unbelievable. The elect are those born of God, and they aren't special, the only thing good and special in them is Gods holy spirit. Gods true people don't see themselves as "special" in a self-righteous way, they see themselves as blessed. And they become servants with the hope that Christ in them by the power of the holy spirit will reconcile as many to God as possible, and they hope that everyone will have the chance to hear the word of God and with hope in their hearts that they believe.

Why did Jesus send preachers to preach to everyone if everyone didn't have a chance to know God?

That is on you if you don't have a clue what Sovereign Election is all about. The fact remains that you are proud in heart because you believe God saved you because of some good quality you had over others that didn't have it, and so God saved you over them because of it.That is even reason to boast!

marhig

That is on you if you don't have a clue what Sovereign Election is all about. The fact remains that you are proud in heart because you believe God saved you because of some good quality you had over others that didn't have it, and so God saved you over them because of it.That is even reason to boast!
But can't you see, that's exactly what you believe in? You see yourself as elect and chosen and only those who are elect like you are going to be saved and be with God.

You're talking about yourself there, not me. I know what I am, I know my flesh, God has opened my eyes and I'm nothing special in fact without God I'm a disgrace, I'm just a sinner saved by the grace of God through faith, it's only through Christ and by the power of the holy spirit that I am receiving the strength to overcome. So I also know that I've got no right to look down on others and see myself as elect and they as having no hope.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
But can't you see, that's exactly what you believe in? You see yourself as elect and chosen and only those who are elect like you are going to be saved and be with God.

You're talking about yourself there, not me. I know what I am, I know my flesh, God had opened my eyes and I'm nothing special in fact without God I'm a disgrace, I'm just a sinner saved by the grace of God through faith, it's only through Christ and by the power of the holy spirit that I am receiving the strength to overcome. So I also know that I've got no right to look down on others and see myself as elect and they as having no hope.
Can't wait to see how b57 twists this to make you out to be prideful and arrogant.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

beloved57

You're talking about yourself there, not me. I know what I am, I know my flesh, God had opened my eyes and I'm nothing special in fact without God I'm a disgrace, I'm just a sinner saved by the grace of God through faith, it's only through Christ and by the power of the holy spirit that I am receiving the strength to overcome. So I also know that I've got no right to look down on others and see myself as elect and they as having no hope.
You are proud!

beloved57

I hope you would think differently if you met me beloved. And I definitely don't see myself as better or above anyone else. I've got no right to think like that.

You believe that God would save you because of some good quality you had over others that didn't have it. That is Pride and its God having respect of persons. That is two evils you propagate.

marhig

You believe that God would save you because of some good quality you had over others that didn't have it. That is Pride and its God having respect of persons. That is two evils you propagate.
Where did I say that?

That's what you believe, its you who calls yourself elect! Not me.

God's Truth

Mrs. Mary, I think your inbox is full.

I can't really explain how I came to know of the mercy, longsuffering, and giving nature of GOD.

I can paste a recount of the event here, but would not want to change the focus of this thread anymore.

If it is OK with the original poster, then I will paste it here. It doesn't exactly explain how or why, but is my best attempt at articulating what happened when I thankfully received this gift of faith from GOD.

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

No, you are not allowed to post private messages. That is the rule here. However, posting them would prove that I have said nothing wrong about you.