Sabbath

Ben Masada

Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill. Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Wow! So, only in his mind, Paul served the Law of God, while with the flesh the law of sin! What's the difference between that and serving two masters? Prophet Elijah had the same problem with the "Jews-for-Baal" who would straddle the issue between HaShem and Baal serving one in their mind while serving the other in their flesh just like Paul in Romans 7:25. (I Kings 18:21)How do you guys explain this attitude of Paul's?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Did not Jesus promote the ten? Did he not say to break one is to break them all. The RCC changed the day in the fourth century. What gall they had to try to overstep the creator to appease the pagans.

I said
It doesn't appear that you have fulfilled the law yet. But Jesus fulfilled the law and taught me how to fulfill the law.
OLD TESTAMENT LAW (FULFILLED)(CHANGED)(OLD TESTAMENT-OBSOLETE)

NEW TESTAMENT LAW OF CHRIST(LOVE)

Heb 10:19-21
19 Therefore, brethren, having boldness to enter the Holiest by the blood of Jesus,
20 by a new and living way which He consecrated for us, through the veil, that is, His flesh,
21 and having a High Priest over the house of God,
Heb 7:28
28 For the law appoints as high priests men who have weakness, but the word of the oath, which came after the law, appoints the Son who has been perfected forever.
Rom 3:21
21 But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets,
Matt 19:30
30 "But many who are first will be last, and the last first.
Luke 16:16
16 "The law and the prophets were until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it.
Matt 11:12-13
12 "And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.
13 "For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
Matt 5:17
17 "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill.
Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
Rom 10:4
4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.
Gal 2:21
21 "I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain."
Matt 7:12
12 "Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.
Rom 13:8
8 Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.
Rom 8:3-4
3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh,
4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
Rom 8:1-2
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
Rom 8:14
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.
Gal 5:4
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
Gal 2:21
21 "I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain."
Rom 13:10
10 Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
Gal 6:2
2 Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
Matt 5:18
18 "For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled.
8 Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.
Gal 5:14
14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
John 10:8-9
8 "All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
9 "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)
xxx Jesus fulfilled the old testament law and shows us how to fulfill it to. The old testament law is still in affect on those who have not followed Jesus example. Love is the fulfillment of the old testament. And if one can learn what love is they also can follow Jesus' example by fulfilling the law. Love is to suffer wrongfully but do it willingly. Love is not a feeling or an emotions it is an action. The act of not giving into all the emotions that push one into beleiving and holding on to the law of sin and death(punishment). The old testament is the law of sin and death. The new testament is the law of Christ(love). Fulfill means to bring to an end. The old testament is the idea that everyone has to pay for their wrongs. The new testament in Christ is bear one anothers burdens. Everyone who is not submitting to the law of Christ is still under the old testament law of sin and death.

Rom 7:6
6 But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.
Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

I said
The law is still in affect for all those who have not been delivered from it or fulfilled it. Jesus fulfilled the law and taught us how to fulfill it also. Only Christians are delivered from the old testament law. But anyone who attempts to be justified by the old testament has fallen from grace.

Rom 3:31
31 Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law.
(NKJ)

Rom 3:28-30
28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the law.
29 Or is He the God of the Jews only? Is He not also the God of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also,
30 since there is one God who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith.
(NKJ)

Gal 5:1-4
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
(NKJ)

Gal 3:24-27
24 Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25 But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.
26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
(NKJ)

Rom 14:5-6
5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.
6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Did not Jesus promote the ten? Did he not say to break one is to break them all. The RCC changed the day in the fourth century. What gall they had to try to overstep the creator to appease the pagans.

I said
Jesus did NOT bring "keep the Sabbath day holy" over to the new testament.

keypurr

I said
Jesus did NOT bring "keep the Sabbath day holy" over to the new testament.

I see differently friend. He supported the content of the ten and told you that they last forever. He did not do away with the ten. Neither did the Apostles. The law is to be kept in the spirit. It is to be written into our minds. The Sabbath commandment is the only one that tells you who is giving them. The creator is to be honored and glorified by keeping his day, not the day of the sun god. Enter into his rest my friend for thats what he commands. For me to live in Christ is to live as he did. I try not to knowingly sin by ignoring his teachings.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

keypurr

Wow! So, only in his mind, Paul served the Law of God, while with the flesh the law of sin! What's the difference between that and serving two masters? Prophet Elijah had the same problem with the "Jews-for-Baal" who would straddle the issue between HaShem and Baal serving one in their mind while serving the other in their flesh just like Paul in Romans 7:25. (I Kings 18:21)How do you guys explain this attitude of Paul's?

We are human friend. God is spirit. The human wants the things of the world, the spirit wants the things of God. We all face temptations everyday. The only way to overcome them is through the spirit. Is it not the mind that controls your thoughts? Are not your thoughts the person of you? Sometimes we do the things that we should not because our human side is weak. Let the spirit of our Father guide you Ben. God has blessed you with some understanding, build on that my friend.

keypurr

Read the OP that is one of the revelations of Jesus Christ. Are you going to override Jesus?

Is he coming back for the folks who keep the commandments of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ?

Why is the Ark of the covenant in heaven?

I try to let the Christ in me guide my thoughts and actions. To do that I do my best to keep the Law of Love. The Sabbath is more important than the thou shall not mueder, or steal. For is is listed first and it tells you that the creator is the author.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I see differently friend. He supported the content of the ten and told you that they last forever. He did not do away with the ten. Neither did the Apostles. The law is to be kept in the spirit. It is to be written into our minds. The Sabbath commandment is the only one that tells you who is giving them. The creator is to be honored and glorified by keeping his day, not the day of the sun god. Enter into his rest my friend for thats what he commands. For me to live in Christ is to live as he did. I try not to knowingly sin by ignoring his teachings.

I said
I'm sorry you cant see it. But Jesus never brought the Sabbath keeping over to the new testament It says you can keep it and that is ok. But if you don't keep it that is ok.
Now as long as you, bring it over you are in danger of falling from grace. The Sabbath is like tithing neither are in the new testament. And if you keep anything from the old testament that Jesus hasn't brought over to the new testament you have fallen from grace.

Gal 5:1-4

1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Squeaky, love is fulfilling the law. Love God and love his people.

I said
There is a special kind of love. Godly love If one finds this kind of love and uses it towards Christ they have fulfilled the law.

(NKJ)

Not the peoples love, or what they call love.

I Jn 2:15-17
15 Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
16 For all that is in the world-- the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life-- is not of the Father but is of the world.
17 And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Your overlooking so much truth to support your shallow study friend.

Sent from my A622GL using TheologyOnline mobile app

I said
I have the revelations of Jesus Christ. I have proved everything I say with the Word.
If you don't abide(live) in the new testament. You don't have the right God or the right Jesus.

II Jn 1:6-11
6 This is love, that we walk according to His commandments. This is the commandment, that as you have heard from the beginning, you should walk in it.
7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward.
9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.
(NKJ)

clefty

I said
I have the revelations of Jesus Christ. I have proved everything I say with the Word.
If you don't abide(live) in the new testament. You don't have the right God or the right Jesus.

6 This is love, that we walk according to His commandments. This is the commandment, that as you have heard from the beginning, you should walk in it.
7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward.
9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.
(NKJ)

Squeaky talking like a pope...Pray that the Sabbath be kept in these times of trouble

keypurr

I said

6This is love, that we walk according to His commandments. This is the commandment, that as you have heard from the beginning, you should walk in it.
7For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
8Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward.
9Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
10If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
11for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.
(NKJ)
Are you the only one that has the revelation of Christ friend?

keypurr

I said

6This is love, that we walk according to His commandments. This is the commandment, that as you have heard from the beginning, you should walk in it.
7For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
8Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward.
9Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
10If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
11for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.
(NKJ)
Read your own post Squeaky, it supports my thoughts.