Why Religions Perverted Faith Will Not Justify.

Robert Pate

Banned
There is a correct way to believe and have faith in God and his Son Jesus Christ. It is what I call saving faith. Saving faith is a faith that honors God and brings glory to his Son Jesus Christ.

Not everyone has saving faith, Jesus said, "Not everyone that says to me Lord, Lord, shall enter the Kingdom of heaven, but he that does the will of my father which is in heaven" Matthew 7:21.

The will of the Father is that you trust and believe in his Son Jesus Christ for your salvation.

"Many will say to me in that day (judgment day) Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied (preached) in your name? and in your name cast out devils? and in your name done many wonderful works? Matthew 7:22.

Here is a group of people that have a bad case of perverted faith. They believed that Jesus was "Lord" because they referred to him as Lord. Isn't that enough to make one a believer? The answer is no. These people were counterfeits. They looked like Christians. They talked like Christians. I'll bet that they even carried Bibles and quoted scripture.

Jesus said to them, "And then I will profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me you that work iniquity" Matthew 7:23.

How come Jesus never knew them? Jesus never knew them because they had never called on him to save them. They were trusting in something other than Jesus to save them. Perhaps they were trusting in their good works or their obedience to save them. Maybe they were Calvinist. "But Lord, Lord, was I not a Calvinist?" or maybe they were Catholics. "But Lord, Lord, didn't I take the sacraments?" Whatever it was, it was not about Jesus Christ. It was about them, "But Lord, Lord, didn't I?" They had some sort of faith, but it was not saving faith. It was a perverted faith. It was faith in themselves and their religion.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
There is a correct way to believe and have faith in God and his Son Jesus Christ. It is what I call saving faith. Saving faith is a faith that honors God and brings glory to his Son Jesus Christ.

Just the opposite.

1 Peter 4:11
If anyone speaks, he should speak as one conveying the words of God. If anyone serves, he should serve with the strength God supplies, so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be the glory and the power forever and ever. Amen.

Honor the son to the glory of his Father God.

Robert Pate

Banned
Just the opposite.

1 Peter 4:11
If anyone speaks, he should speak as one conveying the words of God. If anyone serves, he should serve with the strength God supplies, so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be the glory and the power forever and ever. Amen.

Honor the son to the glory of his Father God.

Not the opposite. What I said is compatible with the scripture that you posted.

Robert Pate

Banned
You sell God short. They are not lost.

The only thing that is going to pass in the judgment is the righteousness of Christ.

If God does not see you "In Christ" You will perish.

To be "In Christ" means that you are trusting in his righteousness and in his atonement for your sins, plus nothing.

beloved57

The only thing that is going to pass in the judgment is the righteousness of Christ.

If God does not see you "In Christ" You will perish.

To be "In Christ" means that you are trusting in his righteousness and in his atonement for your sins, plus nothing.

You teach that sinners Christ died for are still lost !

Robert Pate

Banned
You teach that sinners Christ died for are still lost !

You have a bad case of perverted faith.

It is very apparent that you don't have faith in God. No one can have faith in the Calvinist God that damns billions to hell. And then you deny that Jesus atoned for the sins of the world. What you have is a bad case of perverted faith.

beloved57

You have a bad case of perverted faith.

It is very apparent that you don't have faith in God. No one can have faith in the Calvinist God that damns billions to hell. And then you deny that Jesus atoned for the sins of the world. What you have is a bad case of perverted faith.
What is more perverted than denying that Christ death alone saved them He died for?

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app

Truster

Not everyone has saving faith, Jesus said, "Not everyone that says to me Lord, Lord, shall enter the Kingdom of heaven, but he that does the will of my father which is in heaven" Matthew 7:21.

The will of the Father is that you trust and believe in his Son Jesus Christ for your salvation.

"Many will say to me in that day (judgment day) Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied (preached) in your name? and in your name cast out devils? and in your name done many wonderful works? Matthew 7:22.

Here is a group of people that have a bad case of perverted faith. They believed that Jesus was "Lord" because they referred to him as Lord. Isn't that enough to make one a believer? The answer is no. These people were counterfeits. They looked like Christians. They talked like Christians. I'll bet that they even carried Bibles and quoted scripture.

Jesus said to them, "And then I will profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me you that work iniquity" Matthew 7:23.

How come Jesus never knew them? Jesus never knew them because they had never called on him to save them. They were trusting in something other than Jesus to save them. Perhaps they were trusting in their good works or their obedience to save them. Maybe they were Calvinist. "But Lord, Lord, was I not a Calvinist?" or maybe they were Catholics. "But Lord, Lord, didn't I take the sacraments?" Whatever it was, it was not about Jesus Christ. It was about them, "But Lord, Lord, didn't I?" They had some sort of faith, but it was not saving faith. It was a perverted faith. It was faith in themselves and their religion.

Please explain what the difference is between faith and belief. You use the words in such a confused manner.

Robert Pate

Banned
Please explain what the difference is between faith and belief. You use the words in such a confused manner.

BELIEVE: To accept as true.
FAITH: Confidence or a dependence upon a person, statement or thing as trustworthy.

They are very closely related words and appear in the Bible hundreds of times.

Truster

BELIEVE: To accept as true.
FAITH: Confidence or a dependence upon a person, statement or thing as trustworthy.

They are very closely related words and appear in the Bible hundreds of times.

Based on what you have said Robert you must agree that all people have the ability to accept certain things are true and that the same people have the ability to place confidence or depend upon a person, statement or thing as being trustworthy. So how does this line up with faith not being of ourselves that it is a gift so that none should boast. If all people all thime have the abilities then it makes faith and believe common to all.