Perfect Answer to Ocasio-Cortez

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
You probably meant to tell me you do not agree with the facts I have made.
Childish and booish name-calling and mocking my opinion, your answer becomes cruel and self-centered.

Our intentions are always good, yet we often are willfully blind to the real-world EFFECTS of those “good” intentions.

I think it has to do with the way you were raised.

Abused and silenced children can later become destructive to themselves and to others.

Adolf Hitler was such a child.

Constantly mistreated by his father, emotionally abandoned by his mother, he learned only cruelty; he learned to be obedient and to accept daily punishments with unquestioning compliance.

After years, he took revenge. As an adult he once said, "It gives us a very special, secret pleasure to see how unaware people are of what is really happening to them.”

I found out just how hostile society was toward children. Just consider the situation for children at out southern border!

I have come to realize that hostility toward children is to be found in countless forms, not only in the Nazi death camps but throughout all levels of society and in every intellectual discipline.
And even in most schools of therapy.”

My personal relationship with Jesus requires that I do a regular fearless and thorough moral inventory of myself.

"You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.”

--Matthew 7:5

genuineoriginal

Abused and silenced children can later become destructive to themselves and to others.

Adolf Hitler was such a child.
Is your point, "every child who is abused will grow up to be Adolf Hitler"?
Spoiler

Godwin's law (or Godwin's rule of Hitler analogies) is an Internet adage asserting that "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1

Oprah Winfrey was abused as a child, and she didn't turn into Adolf Hitler.

Bill Clinton was abused as a child, and he grew up to be a rapist.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Sorry for your confusion that I caused for you.

Unless we all recognize the childhood pain they originally experienced, abused children grow up into adults that unwittingly pass their dysfunctions onto other people.

Hitler did, I did, and Trump does.

Everyone who was abused passes down their pain unwittingly on others in their lives.
Those children who are beaten will in turn give beatings, those who are intimidated will be intimidating, those who are humiliated will impose humiliation, and those whose souls are murdered will murder.
GENUINE ORIGINAL posted:

Is your point, "every child who is abused will grow up to be Adolf Hitler”?

I hope you read your Bible closer than you read my posts!

My answer is “of COURSE not!”

Notice that I wrote "Abused and silenced children can later become destructive to themselves and to others.

Adolf Hitler was such a child.”

I did NOT say “abused and silenced children WILL become destructive.”
I did NOT say science proves that all abused children will become destructive.”

These are facile generalizations that you can drive a truck through.

This is because I deliberately chose the word "CAN be destructive."

Last edited:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Is your point, "every child who is abused will grow up to be Adolf Hitler"?
Spoiler

Godwin's law (or Godwin's rule of Hitler analogies) is an Internet adage asserting that "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1

Oprah Winfrey was abused as a child, and she didn't turn into Adolf Hitler.

Bill Clinton was abused as a child, and he grew up to be a rapist.

thanks GO - glad somebody raised the point :thumb:

ok doser

Sorry for your confusion that I caused for you.

Unless we all recognize the childhood pain they originally experienced, abused children grow up into adults that unwittingly pass their dysfunctions onto other people.

Hitler did, I did, and Trump does.

Everyone who was abused passes down their pain unwittingly on others in their lives.
Those children who are beaten will in turn give beatings, those who are intimidated will be intimidating, those who are humiliated will impose humiliation, and those whose souls are murdered will murder.

absolute crap, easily disproven by pointing at the myriad of people who suffered as children and did not turn out the way you claim

life is suffering

quit whimpering, stand up straight and act like a man

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Your angry reply seems way out of proportion to the subject at hand. Your need to belittle me is not what my own family’s small-town values taught me, so I am a bit mystified. It isn’t hurtful to me because I was not exposed to revenge fantasies, put-downs and hitting other people to express one’s feelings.

I don’t understand how you can be so bitter and angry when you always have the presence of Jesus near you.
What prevents you from feeling redeeemed by your own faith?

I don’t have to “act” like a man, simply because I already am one!

I suppose I was lucky to have been born to a set of parents who raised me with respect, fairness and human decency.

The fact I want you to understand is that as long as they are loved, children can recover from abuse and even the horror of war.

What makes a person dangerous in later life is the isolation of pain and fear, the failure of parents or other caregivers to see and understand how badly a child feels.

During the violence in Kosovar in the l990s, the parents perfectly understood the distress of their children and could try to help them because they were experiencing the same pain themselves.

We need to set an example for our children--those who will decide what the next generation will look like.

And show them that coexistence and communication without violence are actually possible.

Nonviolence works.

I have used it my own life and have studied enough to see it is successful.
No one with any knowledge of history can ever say again that nonviolence “doesn’t work.”

If we add up all the countries touched by major non-violent actions in the 20th century, the figure reaches nearly 3 billion--Sixty-four per cent of all humankind!
Everytime organized non-violent resistance was used against the Nazis in World War II it worked!

More and more I see that there are a great number of parents who are already aware of the far-reaching implications of their own behavior.
It is realistic to hope that this knowledge will lead to an increase in the number of knowing witnesses and hence to a swift improvement in the treatment of children everywhere.

The Buddha, like yourself, also taught that life is suffering. But Jesus taught that life is abundant and should be repected.

Which choice leads to a more happy life?

Aimiel

Everytime organized non-violent resistance was used against the Nazis in World War II it worked!
You mean Poland should have surrendered to the Nazi's, France and England should have bowed to Hitler's wishes to take over the world? You're whack, dude. The ONLY thing a power-hungry fool like Hitler, Usama bin Laden or Venezuala's President Maduro understand is violence. You seem to think you have the answer but being a pacifist doesn't always work. Jesus came to bring a sword and fire to the earth. He's going to destroy every one of His enemies when He returns, not peacefully protest their murdering of His Olive Trees.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned

The latest from the Democrat half-witted imbeciles:

".........Ocasio-Cortez is leading this thing among the Millennials and the Democrat freshmen. And Pelosi has named this new select committee just announced they’re not gonna put Cortez on it. This is gonna cause delectable fireworks. But let me just run through some of the things — and you all have a proper background, understandings of climate change. You’ve been here 30 plus years. You’ve heard me detail everything there is about it.

Some of the new proposals that they have somehow let loose, they want to rebuild every single building in America. They want to phase out air travel in 10 years. They are promising government jobs and health care for everybody. And they’re suggesting that if we don’t have the money for it, no big deal, just print some. There’s a story in Politico today quoting Cortez as saying deficits don’t mean anything.

My friends, I love this in a way because I’ve been theorizing lately about how telling people that we can’t afford it, not a reason to do something, doesn’t work anymore with these people because it doesn’t matter. We don’t have the money to do anything. We’ve got deficits, $21 trillion national debt. It’s not stopping anybody from spending more, proposing to spend any more. Now they’re coming out and just being honest. It doesn’t matter whether we have the money or not. And if we don’t, just print it
........."

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2019/02/07/democrats-go-nuts-and-i-love-it/

genuineoriginal

GENUINE ORIGINAL posted:

Is your point, "every child who is abused will grow up to be Adolf Hitler”?

I hope you read your Bible closer than you read my posts!

My answer is “of COURSE not!”

Notice that I wrote "Abused and silenced children can later become destructive to themselves and to others.

Adolf Hitler was such a child.”

I did NOT say “abused and silenced children WILL become destructive.”
I did NOT say science proves that all abused children will become destructive.”

These are facile generalizations that you can drive a truck through.

This is because I deliberately chose the word "CAN be destructive."
The counter to your argument is of course:
Children who are not disciplined will almost always grow up to be destructive to themselves and to others.

ok doser

Everyone with any knowledge of history can say that violence often works.
In fact, history shows that violence works faster and more permanently than nonviolence.

non-violent resistance:
220px-The_last_Jew_in_Vinnitsa%2C_1941.jpg

violent resistance:
5a846c57d0307220008b47bb-750-617.jpg