ECT Lust

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
And a lot of infidelity is not about sexual attraction but desire for emotional intimacy through a fling outside of the marriage or any number of things like affirmation and approval, getting more money, etc.

Wrong. It's about the sex act.

1PeaceMaker

I just wondered if you were sitting next to each other while on TOL, that would be goofy. :chuckle:

text-him-00-couple-texting-each-other.jpg

Goofy, indeed. :p

elohiym

Your god could be: every woman that walks by (Ex 20:14), money (1 Ti 6:10), power (1 John 2:16) etc.. Anything that comes between you and God--is your god (Rom. 1:22, 23, 2 Cor. 6:15–18, Gal. 4:8, 9).

Sure, that's one way to look at it. Still, you are just describing covetousness (lust), which isn't always related to sex. My point.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
I would not wish Psalm 109 on you.
:dizzy: "Ps 109:2–5 David’s complaint was that the innocent were being accused by the guilty. He asserted that the charges were without cause (109:3). While Doeg the Edomite has been identified by some (cf. 1 Sam. 21, 22; Ps. 52), the far more likely candidate would be Saul (cf. 1 Sam. 18–27). Eight of the 14 historical superscriptions in other psalms refer to the sufferings of David related to Saul’s pursuits for the purpose of killing David (cf. Pss. 18, 34, 54, 56, 57, 59, 63, 142)." MacArthur, J., Jr. (Ed.). (1997). The MacArthur Study Bible (electronic ed., p. 842). Nashville, TN: Word Pub.

"The Persecution (109:1–5, 22–25)

The ruthless attacks (109:1–5)
They slander him with horrible lies (109:1–3): They use hateful words and fight against him for no reason.
They repay kindness with treachery (109:4–5): They return evil for good, hatred for love.

The devastating results (109:22–25)
They leave him poor, needy, and near death (109:22–23, 25): He is full of pain, an object of mockery, and is fading like a shadow.
He is reduced to skin and bones (109:24) : His knees are weak." Willmington, H. L. (1999). The Outline Bible (Ps 109). Wheaton, IL: Tyndale House Publishers.

elohiym

:dizzy: "Ps 109:2–5 David’s complaint was that the innocent were being accused by the guilty.

Do you really want to push this? What you are doing is implying my wife is guilty of sexual immorality. So yes, the innocent is being accused by the guilty. What you are doing is a sin. What you are implying my wife did, she didn't do.

glorydaz

So, can a person commit adultery without having a sexual thought?

No.

If a man wants a woman for her money (the silly example your husband gave), he's lusting after MONEY. He isn't committing adultery with money.

Adultery is a SEXUAL matter...either in the mind or physically.