Christians worship Christ; JW's do not!

glorydaz

There's a difference in having the same nature, to them all being the Almighty God!

That's your out? :rotfl:

We have a human nature.

God has a divine nature.

Jesus Christ has both natures. Human (which is all you see), and Divine (which you are blind to).

His Divine Nature means He created all things (as the Bible tells us).

So, while you are busy quoting verses that speak of His humanity, you think you are giving us some great truth. As if we don't know He has a human nature. But, when we show you the verses that speak of His Deity, you call it something other than Divine.

Quite the pip you are, little girl. Stay with the schoolmaster...you aren't ready to graduate.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

We have a human nature.

God has a divine nature.

Jesus Christ has both natures. Human (which is all you see), and Divine (which you are blind to).

So, while you are busy quoting verses that speak of His humanity, you think you are giving us some great truth. As if we don't know He has a human nature. But, when we show you the verses that speak of His Deity, you call it something other than Divine.

Quite the pip you are, little girl. Stay with the schoolmaster...you aren't ready to graduate.
That whole incarnation thing sure does trip up a lot of folks.
When one finally realizes what took place, they can only step back in awe at what a completely brilliant and unstoppable plan it was!!!!

marhig

We have a human nature.

God has a divine nature.

Jesus certainly did have a human nature, and he was tempted in all points as we are. God cannot be tempted!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus certainly did have a human nature, and he was tempted in all points as we are. God cannot be tempted!
Hebrews 3 KJV
(9) When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.​

Who dat?
Numbers 14 KJV
(22) Because all those men which have seen my glory, and my miracles, which I did in Egypt and in the wilderness, and have tempted me now these ten times, and have not hearkened to my voice;​

Who dat?

Psalms 95 KJV
(9) When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my work.​

Who dat?

Psalms 78:18 KJV
(18) And they tempted God in their heart by asking meat for their lust.​

Who dat?

Matthew 4 KJV​
(7) Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.​

Who dat?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
From the first link:

Donald Macleod summarizes well the doctrine of anhypostasis in his book The Person of Christ:

Christ took human nature, but he did not take a man. He took the form of a servant (Philippians 2:7), but not a servant. He did not even take an existing human genotype or embryo. He created the genotype in union with himself, and it’s ‘personality’ developed only in union with the Son of God . . . [H]e is a divine person who, without ‘adopting’ an existing human person took our human nature and entered upon the whole range of human experiences.

marhig

Hebrews 3 KJV
(9) When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.​

Who dat?
Numbers 14 KJV
(22) Because all those men which have seen my glory, and my miracles, which I did in Egypt and in the wilderness, and have tempted me now these ten times, and have not hearkened to my voice;​

Who dat?

Psalms 95 KJV
(9) When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my work.​

Who dat?

Psalms 78:18 KJV
(18) And they tempted God in their heart by asking meat for their lust.​

Who dat?

Matthew 4 KJV​
(7) Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.​

Who dat?

Yes, man can tempt God, but God can't be tempted!

James 1

Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

But Jesus was tempted.

Hebrews 4

For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

James 1

Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

But Jesus was tempted.

Hebrews 4

For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin

No, Satan tempted Jesus, but Jesus wasn't tempted.

marhig

No, Satan tempted Jesus, but Jesus wasn't tempted.
It says in Hebrews that Jesus was tempted in all points as we are. He was exactly like we are, and he could sin but he didn't. There would be no point in Satan tempting him if he couldn't sin. And Jesus said that his disciples had been with him through his temptations, so he was tempted.

Luke 22

Ye are they which have continued with me in my temptations

And the reason that Jesus didn't sin, is because always did what pleased the father and he always lived by his will denying himself, and the father strengthened him. Jesus said to the father in his prayer in John 17 you have given me power over all flesh. So the power that Jesus had came from the father.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

James 1

But Jesus was tempted.

Hebrews 4

Seems a bit silly to command something not be done that was impossible to do.
Matt 4:7

It is the same.
Tempted, yet never succumbed to temptation.
By the only one unity that was without sin.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It says in Hebrews that Jesus was tempted in all points as we are. He was exactly like we are, and he could sin but he didn't. There would be no point in Satan tempting him if he couldn't sin.
And there would be no point in commanding not to tempt GOD if He couldn't be tempted.
But we do see a command not to tempt GOD.
Jesus brings up that very command when Satan was tempting Him.

Apple7

It says in Hebrews that Jesus was tempted in all points as we are. He was exactly like we are, and he could sin but he didn't. There would be no point in Satan tempting him if he couldn't sin. And Jesus said that his disciples had been with him through his temptations, so he was tempted.

Luke 22

Ye are they which have continued with me in my temptations

And the reason that Jesus didn't sin, is because always did what pleased the father and he always lived by his will denying himself, and the father strengthened him. Jesus said to the father in his prayer in John 17 you have given me power over all flesh. So the power that Jesus had came from the father.

Neither tempt Christ, as some of them tempted Him, and perished by serpents. (1 Cor 10.9)

1 Cor 10.9 quotes OT scripture, proving, once again, that Jesus existed as God in the OT.

Case.

Closed.