ECT What is better about D'ism?

musterion

Don't need to: this body is the new covenant in MY flesh, the blood is the new covenant in MY blood. questions?

IP could have said

"Don't need to: His body is the new covenant in His flesh, the blood is the new covenant in His blood."

That would have been merely IP's opinion. But that's not what he did when he chose to use "my." That makes it Christ's words, which they aren't. That's what cults do.

Put your husband back on. He's reasonable. you're not.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
IP could have said

"Don't need to: His body is the new covenant in His flesh, the blood is the new covenant in His blood."

That would have been merely IP's opinion. But that's not what he did when he chose to use "my." That makes it Christ's words, which they aren't. That's what cults do.

Put your husband back on. He's reasonable. you're not.

You are the one being unreasonable; probably more to deflect the conversation,than anything else.

Interplanner

Then you are a cult. I Cor 11:25 says 'in my blood;'.

Oh, I see, you are basing your esoteric 100,000 feet of concrete on this difference with v24, even though he says its his body. Good luck with that. You are impossible.

I have never met such an obtuse person, and never met anyone in 40 years who dreamed that there were two kinds of Christianity because the phrase 'of the new covenant' was not in v24.

You are well on your way to sawing off that limb on which you stand and its 150 feet to the ground when you do.

SaulToPaul 2

Then you are a cult. I Cor 11:25 says 'in my blood;'.

Oh, I see, you are basing your esoteric 100,000 feet of concrete on this difference with v24, even though he says its his body. Good luck with that. You are impossible.

I have never met such an obtuse person, and never met anyone in 40 years who dreamed that there were two kinds of Christianity because the phrase 'of the new covenant' was not in v24.

You are well on your way to sawing off that limb on which you stand and its 150 feet to the ground when you do.

We do not know who you are talking to, or what you are responding to.
Do you?

Interplanner

I could care less what STP has to say but I wouldn't be surprised if he also has built an edifice on the ABSENCE of 'of the new covenant' in v24! Such masterful exegetic skills!

My purpose for revisiting was to find out if the REAL question was answered:

Why does the passage call the new covenant better than the old? Is it because it is a 2nd chance for Judaism?

SaulToPaul 2

I could care less what STP has to say but I wouldn't be surprised if he also has built an edifice on the ABSENCE of 'of the new covenant' in v24! Such masterful exegetic skills!

My purpose for revisiting was to find out if the REAL question was answered:

Why does the passage call the new covenant better than the old? Is it because it is a 2nd chance for Judaism?

1 Cor 11, Paul was relaying to the Corinthians what the LORD HAD TOLD THE TWELVE, so that they would know.
They had no business doing it. Some said they were following Peter, remember?

Interplanner

So maybe after 8 pages there is a post that actually answers the question: what is the passage saying is better about the new covenant? Is it saying it is better because Judaism gets the same chance again? What about the body that was prepared to do his will--the one which Must has separated from its own blood by 100,000 feet of concrete.

I knew an Alaska fisherman who used medical equipment to extract blood from his harvest, for better freezing and storage. maybe she means something like that was done with Christ so that D'ism's beliefs about the new covenant would be "true"?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
so that D'ism's beliefs about the new covenant would be "true"?
Dispys believe what scripture says about the new covenant.

Jeremiah 31:31 KJV
(31) Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

Hebrews 8:8 KJV
(8) For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

IP's replacement theology says "No He didn't!"

Interplanner

Dispys believe what scripture says about the new covenant.

Jeremiah 31:31 KJV
(31) Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

Hebrews 8:8 KJV
(8) For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

IP's replacement theology says "No He didn't!"

It is not RT (see Gal 3:17), it is was what was intended all along. But Judaism thought it would happen through Judaism.

Instead it happened apart from Judaism in Christ and is for all nations from the beginning when it was mentioned at the last supper.

D'ism is at its most dishonest here. The reunification theme is not just Israel as all the passages on the new covenant show when taken together, but D'ism refuses to take them all together and says such a step is MADE UP.

The reunification theme is also in Rom 9:25 from Hosea and is all the world's believers in Christ. it is in Acts 2:39 and 3:25, which are both about the mission to all nations. That's the time of refreshing, to be in that mission.

It's not as though I'm 'caught off guard' here. It is very easy to answer the sound-bytes and proof-texts of D'ism. It's very poorly crafted and thought up.

Interplanner

Anyway, we are still 8 pages into this and waiting for a D'ist to say what the definition of 'better' is in the passage. They know sound-bytes but they don't know what the passage is saying. Their sound-bytes are manipulated lines to 'support' D'ism.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Peace and safety from enemies in the promised land is one aspect of the new covenant of the house of Judah and the house of Israel.
To be reunited, never to be uprooted again.