The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

God's Truth

Php 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

That is right, he humbled himself and came as a Man. You don't believe he was God in heaven before coming to earth so explain how he came as a Man if that is all he ever was?

Heb 1:4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
Heb 1:5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

That is right, Jesus was made lower than the angels. That proves he came from heaven and was made like a human. You don't believe Jesus came from heaven, so how do you get he was made lower than the angels if he was never higher than the angels?

God's Truth

Harrison Ford doesn't call himself "we" and" our" he'd be a schizophrenic if he did!

And when Jesus says "we" and "our" he is referring to himself and the father. Not that he is the father!

So he is calling himself the exact same name how?

Jesus calls himself the exact same names that God the Father calls himself, he even says when you see him you can say, "I see the Father"; except you don't like it when we do.

God's Truth

Nor am I, of what you accuse me of being, and God is my judge also!

You are one of the people I am defending myself against. Now get off me lady. You starting stuff all over again? I didn't even make that post to you. You look for any opportunity to slander and accuse. If you don't see an opportunity you make one up.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That is right, he humbled himself and came as a Man. You don't believe he was God in heaven before coming to earth so explain how he came as a Man if that is all he ever was?

You suggest God had to humble Himself. That is wrong.

Jesus humbled Himself even to the death of the cross.

That is right, Jesus was made lower than the angels. That proves he came from heaven and was made like a human. You don't believe Jesus came from heaven, so how do you get he was made lower than the angels if he was never higher than the angels?

You were made lower than the angels too.

LA

marhig

Jesus calls himself the exact same names that God the Father calls himself, he even says when you see him you can say, "I see the Father"; except you don't like it when we do.
Have you read any of the many verses that I have quoted that show that Jesus isn't the father?

marhig

You are one of the people I am defending myself against. Now get off me lady. You starting stuff all over again? I didn't even make that post to you. You look for any opportunity to slander and accuse. If you don't see an opportunity you make one up.
No, I'm only trying to show you that you accuse others, yet you need to look at yourself too! Because you do what you accuse others of doing to you.

Anyway, hopefully the name calling will stop now.

popsthebuilder

it's ok, I thought maybe it was that :)

Anyway, Jesus summoning one of his legions of Angels? Christ is over the angels because he has been given the authority of God.

1 Peter 3

who is at the right hand of God, having gone into heaven, after angels and authorities and powers had been subjected to Him.

Matthew 26

Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?

And Jesus isn't the father look

Luke 22

Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.*And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him.

So Jesus can't be the father if he prays to the father, to me it's clearly shown in the Bible that they are separate, there are so many verses to show this that it's undeniable!

Here's another one

John 12

If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.

John 3

"The Father loves the Son and has given all things into His hand.

Ephesians 1

That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory[,/b], may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,And what*is*the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power, Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set*him*at his own right hand in the heavenly*places,Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come
Just to be clear, or attempt to anyway; Jesus though wholly of the spirit of GOD in spirit, was still flesh and subject to the flesh, separated from GOD in that He was flesh and as such, not GOD, but wholly of GOD. GOD utterly filled Him, there was no other will in Him but the continual Will of GOD. So His flesh was still flesh, but He, wholly abiding by, and carrying out the will of the Spirit that filled Him/ the Holy Spirit/ the Spirit of GOD did place Him at the right hand of GOD from whence He came.

marhig

He means we can see the father because the father was seen in his fullness, by the full power of the Spirit through Christ Jesus.

So, didn't you read those verses I quoted?

God's Truth

He means we can see the father because the father was seen in his fullness, by the full power of the Spirit through Christ Jesus.

So, didn't you read those verses I quoted?

Again, so Jesus can be called the exact same names as the Father, but we cannot say He is the Father come as a Son?

You don't even want me to say that Jesus is God.

The Bible clearly calls him God.

Can you see that?

marhig

Yes Jesus was in the flesh, and he was able to be tempted as we are, as we can see from the scriptures, but he lived by the will of God, and not by his own will, and because of this, the Father gave him power over all flesh.

I see it very much as you do, but, I don't believe that Jesus is the father, even in heaven. They are clearly the father and the Son and I believe that this is shown right through the new testament.

That's how I believe it to be anyway. going by the many many verses from the scriptures. Many of which I have posted :)

marhig

Again, so Jesus can be called the exact same names as the Father, but we cannot say He is the Father come as a Son?

You don't even want me to say that Jesus is God.

The Bible clearly calls him God.

Can you see that?
No, the Father didn't come as a son, the Father sent his son. Jesus even says that the father sent him.

And no, I have said many many times, I don't believe that Jesus is God, the Almighty God is the father.

glorydaz

Here she is....back to being her real self. Can't wear that white wash for too long, can ya? :chuckle:

glorydaz

Ms. Mary; I think we are missing each other somewhere.

Do you agree that the Holy Spirit is the Father, as the Father is Spirit. And so is the Holy Ghost obviously?

There is a spiritual realm....which cannot be seen by the eye. God is invisible. :chew:

So, what about these seven spirits?

Matthew 12:45 Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.​

marhig

Ms. Mary; I think we are missing each other somewhere.

Do you agree that the Holy Spirit is the Father, as the Father is Spirit. And so is the Holy Ghost obviously?
I believe that God the father speaks through the Holy Spirit, but the Spirit is not the father, although he is of the father. Christ Jesus said that he will ask the father to send the comforter, who is the Holy Spirit, so if the father sends the Spirit .then the spirit is not the father. Also, there's this

John 10

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear,*that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

If the Spirit is the father, why will be only speak what he is given to speak? Wouldn't be be speaking for himself seeing as he is the father?

I believe that everything comes from the father, through Christ, and is made manifest in our hearts by the power of the Spirit.

marhig

Oh, those verses that speak of our Lord's humanity? There are lots of them.

Too bad you ignore those verses that speak of His DEITY.
Maybe you should read the verses the say that the Son is under subjection to God, and that's after he's back in heaven with the father!

So do you believe that Jesus is the father too?

God's Truth

No, the Father didn't come as a son, the Father sent his son. Jesus even says that the father sent him.

And no, I have said many many times, I don't believe that Jesus is God, the Almighty God is the father.

Right, the Almighty God is the Father.

We agree that there is only one God and He is the Father.

And that is why I say Jesus is the Father, because Jesus is God, and since he is God, then he MUST also be the Father.

Is Jesus not God our Savior? Jude 1:25 to the only God our Savior be glory,

Is Jesus not our God and Savior?: Titus 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

Is Jesus not God the King of kings and Lord of lords? 1 Timothy 6:15 which God will bring about in his own time—God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords,
Revelation 17:14 They will wage war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will triumph over them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings—and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers.”