The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

Rosenritter

If people equate man to the literal fullness of GOD then potential for evil abounds.

I referenced the ancient rcc because of the mass misdirection they have caused and the mass murders and looting done during the Crusades (in the name of god). The Spanish inquisition comes to mind. The Salem witch trials is another.

If man readily accepts that man is GOD then what is to stop said Man from being an utterly entitled dictator over the entire world?

There is no hierarchy of holy men.

All are equally creation and not GOD.

To think otherwise is to allow an entry for evil unto what is Holy, and to turn a blind eye to the evil of the hands of man.

I really don't see how one connects to the other.

Col 2:8-9 KJV
(8) Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
(9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

I acknowledge man's capacity for evil, but that ability isn't stemmed from the gospel of Christ. With a reference to "the Book of Eli" man attempts to control other men through whatever methods they can, even just from the claimed possession of scripture, regardless of what it says.

That's "The book of Eli" the movie. Not a secret scroll.

Rosenritter

Marhig, since you gave me scriptures to compare whether or not Jesus is the Father, and I considered them carefully and gave my answer, would you answer these questions?

Who is the Husband, the Father or Jesus?

Whose blood is it the Father’s or Jesus’?

Who is the Redeemer, the Father or Jesus?

Who is the Holy One, the Father or Jesus?

Who is the Shepherd, the Father or Jesus?

Who is our Savior, the Father or Jesus?

Who is our Rock, the Father or Jesus?

Who gives life, the Father or Jesus?

Who lives in believers, the Father or Jesus?

Whose commands are they, are they the Father's or Jesus' commands?

Who sends the Holy Spirit, the Father or Jesus sends the Holy Spirit?

Who pours out the Holy Spirit, the Father or Jesus pours out the Holy Spirit?

Who circumcises our hearts, the Father or Jesus circumcises our hearts?

Who do we bow to; do we bow to the Father or Jesus?

It is the Father's works, or is it Jesus' works?

Who sanctifies, the Father or Jesus?

Who raises the dead, the Father or Jesus?

Who draws all men the Father or Jesus?

Who gave the disciples power?

Should have enumerated those 1. 2. 3. etc... those are good points.

God's Truth

Because it became absurd attempting to respond to her name. The actual truth of God (God's Truth) is pure and of peaceful spirit. When she started saying "You speak against God's Truth" and using the label for both herself and the Divine at the same time I got fed up with the borderline blasphemy. GE stands for "Great Ego" so as not to get confused with the real thing.

Before that I would always have to abbreviate her name to GT to avoid blasphemy. It's not because I'm a slow or lazy typist. So now it's GE.

You are not telling the truth. I didn't do what you claim I did. Take this to your private message with marhig. This is not the place for your gossip.

popsthebuilder

Pops do you believe that Christ is the father?

Look, this is when Jesus has returned back to the father, can you see that they are separate?

Revelation 3

To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.*He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Also here in Revelation 14

And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.

Look at this in John 3

The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.

And this in John 5

For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.

For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.

For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

I've never heard of people believing Christ Jesus to be the father before I came here, I can't believe it!
I am not saying that the physical temporal mortal vessel or temple of GOD that was the body/ physical man Jesus of Nazareth was GOD.

I am saying that the spirit that utterly filled His blessed vessel was the Spirit of GOD completely, with no deviation or waver.

I am also saying that this same spirit; the Christ of GOD is, for all intents and purposes, at this time, the fullness of GOD, and also that the man Jesus was indeed the extent to which any man could ever be GOD; and that extent is limited by that man's humanity or vessel/ temple of GOD.

I have not and don't think I will ever claim that the man Jesus was the absolute literal utter fullness of the One eternal Creator GOD. And that is for good reason in my hazed sight. If I am wrong for such a belief then I trust GOD will lead me to what is right in due time. I am open to hear whatever any would like to add or criticise. Most assuredly you dear friend.

peace

popsthebuilder

I really don't see how one connects to the other.

Col 2:8-9 KJV
(8) Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
(9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

I acknowledge man's capacity for evil, but that ability isn't stemmed from the gospel of Christ. With a reference to "the Book of Eli" man attempts to control other men through whatever methods they can, even just from the claimed possession of scripture, regardless of what it says.

That's "The book of Eli" the movie. Not a secret scroll.
Good movie.

If you cant see the accelerated potential for the evil work of the hands of greedy men from the gullible believing they are literally GOD incarnate then, well.... Im at a loss for words. I pegged you for someone with genuine intellectual capacity, not just the witty semblance there of.

I speak very much against the traditions of man.

Are you thinking the scripture you references is pro tradition of greedy manipulating, power hungry entitled egomaniacs and sociopaths?

Do you believe the whore of Babylon (city of gold(by the hands of man)) is a fairy tail?

God's Truth

I am not saying that the physical temporal mortal vessel or temple of GOD that was the body/ physical man Jesus of Nazareth was GOD.

I am saying that the spirit that utterly filled His blessed vessel was the Spirit of GOD completely, with no deviation or waver.

I am also saying that this same spirit; the Christ of GOD is, for all intents and purposes, at this time, the fullness of GOD, and also that the man Jesus was indeed the extent to which any man could ever be GOD; and that extent is limited by that man's humanity or vessel/ temple of GOD.

I have not and don't think I will ever claim that the man Jesus was the absolute literal utter fullness of the One eternal Creator GOD. And that is for good reason in my hazed sight. If I am wrong for such a belief then I trust GOD will lead me to what is right in due time. I am open to hear whatever any would like to add or criticise. Most assuredly you dear friend.

peace

I do think that we have the same beliefs about this, but maybe just a little different way of explaining it, which is why I ask questions to be sure.

I believe that when Jesus was in the flesh on earth, he of course had the Spirit of God the Father, yet as a human, a human has to grow and learn, be taught and obey. So there are limitations in being a human that God the Father in heaven did not have. Jesus humbled himself when he became human. That means he lowered himself. Since he made himself lower, of course he is going to show us how to pray to the Father in heaven. I just don't get how some don't grasp that part.

Jesus is the "Everlasting Father"Isaiah 9:6

Jesus is the Creator; Colossians 1:16

Jesus is omnipotent...Matthew 28:18

Jesus is omniscient...John 1:48

Jesus is omnipresent; Matthew 18:20

God’s Word calls Jesus "God"; Hebrews 1:8

Jesus forgave sin; Luke 7:48

Jesus judges; John 5:27

Jesus sustains everything; Colossians 1:17

glorydaz

Why don't you do it for God?

The Lord doesn't want you to fake being nice, and I won't pretend that you are.

You're a phony, and you can't pretend for long. This is not our first rodeo here, God's UNtruth. We've seen this many times. You act all sad and can't figure out why everybody goes against your "powerful testimony", then you glom onto some sympathetic person, and then you lash out at them when they don't swallow your swill. It is, after all, the way you get attention. :nono:

glorydaz

Glory, that's a valid point. The reason to practice civility or turn the other cheek or to forgive seventy times seven isn't because we know the hearts of men, but because God asked us to.

Assuming you equate Jesus with God, that is. If you don't accept that, then at least do it for Jesus.

I love how you people assume you know what the LORD would have me do. :rotfl:

God's Truth

The Lord doesn't want you to fake being nice, and I won't pretend that you are.

You're a phony, and you can't pretend for long. This is not our first rodeo here, God's UNtruth. We've seen this many times. You act all sad and can't figure out why everybody goes against your "powerful testimony", then you glom onto some sympathetic person, and then you lash out at them when they don't swallow your swill. It is, after all, the way you get attention. :nono:

I am not what you accuse me of being. God is my judge.

Rosenritter

God was called the Father in the the Old Testament.

So you've claimed before, but when I asked you for proof you came up short. Isaiah 9:6 refers to the Christ child as "the everlasting Father" but otherwise God is "a father" (descriptive) but not "The Father" (as a title) like Jesus used the term in the New Testament.

God's Truth

So you've claimed before, but when I asked you for proof you came up short. Isaiah 9:6 refers to the Christ child as "the everlasting Father" but otherwise God is "a father" (descriptive) but not "The Father" (as a title) like Jesus used the term in the New Testament.

I don't play games with words like you are doing; and, I gave you many scriptures not just one.

Rosenritter

Fatherhood of God in the Old Testament.

Isaiah 64:8 Yet, O LORD, you are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand.

Malachi 2:10 Do we not all have one Father? Did not one God create us? Why do we profane the covenant of our ancestors by being unfaithful to one another?

Throughout the Bible we read that God is the Father

Deuteronomy 32:6 Is this the way you repay the LORD, you foolish and unwise people? Is he not your Father, your Creator, who made you and formed you?

Isaiah 63:16 But you are our Father, though Abraham does not know us or Israel acknowledge us; you, LORD, are our Father, our Redeemer from of old is your name.

God is called the Father of Israel, Isaiah 64:8 ; Jeremiah 3:4 Jeremiah 3:19 ; Malachi 1:6 ; 2:10, and the Father of certain individuals, 2 Samuel, 1 Chronicles 17:13, 22:10, Psalm 89:26.

Read these scriptures, they are prophecies about Jesus:

2 Samuel 7:14 I will be his father, and he will be my son. When he does wrong, I will punish him with a rod wielded by men, with floggings inflicted by human hands.

1 Chronicles 17:13 I will be his father, and he will be my son. I will never take my love away from him, as I took it away from your predecessor.

1 Chronicles 22:10 He is the one who will build a house for my Name. He will be my son, and I will be his father. And I will establish the throne of his kingdom over Israel forever.'

Psalm 89:26 He will call out to me, 'You are my Faher, my God, the Rock my Savior.'

Sometimes the Father image is present, although the term 'Father' was not used.

Exodus 4:22-23 Then say to Pharaoh, 'This is what the LORD says: Israel is my firstborn son,
and I told you, "Let my son go, so he may worship me." But you refused to let him go; so I will kill your firstborn son.'"

Jeremiah 31:20 Is not Ephraim my dear son, the child in whom I delight? Though I often speak against him, I still remember him. Therefore my heart yearns for him; I have great compassion for him," declares the LORD.

Hosea 11:1-4 "When Israel was a child, I loved him, and out of Egypt I called my son.

Whatever version you are using, it is capitalizing "Father" with theological gloss. Look at the King James, it's in lowercase. The question wasn't whether God is pictured in the role of a father, the question was whether God was being addressed by the title of "The Father."

Isa 64:8 KJV
(8) But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.

God is no more using the title of "The Father" in that passage than he is using a title of "The Potter."

God's Truth

Whatever version you are using, it is capitalizing "Father" with theological gloss. Look at the King James, it's in lowercase. The question wasn't whether God is pictured in the role of a father, the question was whether God was being addressed by the title of "The Father."

Isa 64:8 KJV
(8) But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.

God is no more using the title of "The Father" in that passage than he is using a title of "The Potter."

What you are saying sounds insane to me. I gave many scriptures where GOD is called 'Father'.

Rosenritter

You are not telling the truth. I didn't do what you claim I did. Take this to your private message with marhig. This is not the place for your gossip.

What ever happened to "this is a place to debate" GE? Shall I respond to you with "I don't care what you think" and "don't tell me what to do" as is your common response? Your name was offensive before the incident I'm talking about (it's been pointed out by others besides me, even on this same thread) but if anyone wants to see the post I'm talking about, it's on the "Are there Saints in Heaven" thread.

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...oll-Question&p=5071932&viewfull=1#post5071932

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...oll-Question&p=5071936&viewfull=1#post5071936

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...oll-Question&p=5071941&viewfull=1#post5071941

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...oll-Question&p=5071955&viewfull=1#post5071955

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...oll-Question&p=5071973&viewfull=1#post5071973

Your name was already offensive and/or blasphemous before, this is where the discussion started. You call yourself "God's Truth" as a title, and then your responses become "God's Truth matters" and "God's Truth is a big deal."

There's One who is the truth and the way, and you're not him. You don't act like him.

God's Truth

What ever happened to "this is a place to debate" GE? Shall I respond to you with "I don't care what you think" and "don't tell me what to do" as is your common response? Your name was offensive before the incident I'm talking about (it's been pointed out by others besides me, even on this same thread) but if anyone wants to see the post I'm talking about, it's on the "Are there Saints in Heaven" thread.

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...oll-Question&p=5071932&viewfull=1#post5071932

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...oll-Question&p=5071936&viewfull=1#post5071936

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...oll-Question&p=5071941&viewfull=1#post5071941

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...oll-Question&p=5071955&viewfull=1#post5071955

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...oll-Question&p=5071973&viewfull=1#post5071973

Your name was already offensive and/or blasphemous before, this is where the discussion started. You call yourself "God's Truth" as a title, and then your responses become "God's Truth matters" and "God's Truth is a big deal."

There's One who is the truth and the way, and you're not him. You don't act like him.

You can't control yourself can you?