Calvinism and the word "WORLD"

God's Truth

The Pharisees were Jews, also. So what. Most of them could not believe and repent, and they could not come to Jesus. (You seem to have forgotten what started this exchange.)
I think you are lost and is the one who forgot.
Not all Jews were saved.

So you're saying that the prostitutes and tax collectors were not accustomed to doing evil? They were exactly that kind of people. You are silly enough to believe that they were good, righteous people who already believed in God and so could be passed to believing in Jesus with no muss and no fuss.
They repented of their sins when the Pharisees did not.

Think about it some more.

Originally Posted by God's Truth
Jesus did NOT come for the Samaritan woman, yet.
If you actually read John4, you'd find that Jesus BEGAN the interaction. He specifically wanted to speak to this Samaritan woman and engage with her (which was a bit scandalous in that culture.)

John4:25-26 The woman said to Him, “I know that Messiah is coming” (who is called Christ). “When He comes, He will tell us all things.” Jesus said to her, “I who speak to you am He.”

John4:39-42 And many of the Samaritans of that city believed in Him because of the word of the woman who testified, “He told me all that I ever did.” 40 So when the Samaritans had come to Him, they urged Him to stay with them; and He stayed there two days. 41 And many more believed because of His own word. 42 Then they said to the woman, “Now we believe, not because of what you said, for we ourselves have heard Him and we know that this is indeed the Christ, the Savior of the world.”

He came so that she and many in her city would believe in Him. He is the Savior of the world: Jew, Gentile and Samaritan. Your dispensationalist crap tells you that Jesus didn't want them yet but there is zero in the passage to suggest that His timing or their faith was deficient. This is exactly what Jesus spoke about in Matt11.

Matt11:25-27 At that time Jesus answered and said, “I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and have revealed them to babes. Even so, Father, for so it seemed good in Your sight. All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.
You are fighting against God’s Truth that says Jesus came for the lost sheep of Israel and when he is lifted up all can come to him to be saved.

Jesus is clearly saying that man is NOT good. No one. And the Jewish crowd freaked out when Jesus commented that the best of the Jews, materially blessed and taught by the scriptures from childhood, had less of a chance of squeezing into eternal life than a camel had to squeeze through the tiny eye of a needle. (Some people like to make it all about rich people but the context makes clear that such goodness is impossible for anyone.)
You are badly mistaken. Jesus tells us about good people.

Luke 8:15 “… these are the ones who have heard the word in an honest and good heart, and hold it fast, and bear fruit with perseverance.”

Matthew 12:35 A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him.

Did you hear that?

You need to change your beliefs.

God's Truth

Amen.

As sinful creatures, we must keep our eyes upon the obedience of Jesus Christ, and rest totally in His righteousness, for we have none of our own.

Our obedience, worked by faith in Christ, is only the spiritual result of what He achieved as our federal representative and Saviour.

All glory for any holiness that becomes evident in our lives, goes to Him.

Soli Deo Gloria!

To you and those who give you 'thanks' for speaking your false beliefs. Look how totally absurd and wrong you are. You preach against obeying and commend those who preach against obedience to Christ.

sniderland007

Calvinism is just a direction one group took.lead by John Calvin while administration took another group all during the reformation. It's only true because of the foreknowledge of God. Rev 17: 8 our names were written in the book of life from the foundation of the world or universe.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Robert Pate

Banned
Calvinism is just a direction one group took.lead by John Calvin while administration took another group all during the reformation. It's only true because of the foreknowledge of God. Rev 17: 8 our names were written in the book of life from the foundation of the world or universe.

So you believe that God selected some and wrote their names in a book and damned the rest to hell?

God's Truth

Malachi 3:16-17
16 Then they that feared the Lord spake often one to another: and the Lord hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the Lord, and that thought upon his name.
17 And they shall be mine, saith the Lord of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.

There is also the possibility of being blotted out.

Scriptures say that over comers will NOT be blotted out.

Revelation 3:5 The one who is victorious will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out the name of that person from the book of life, but will acknowledge that name before my Father and his angels.

Looks like God's Truth matters, and Calvinism is false, as is OSAS.

Robert Pate

Banned
Malachi 3:16-17
16 Then they that feared the Lord spake often one to another: and the Lord hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the Lord, and that thought upon his name.
17 And they shall be mine, saith the Lord of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.

There is also the possibility of being blotted out.

Scriptures say that over comers will NOT be blotted out.

Revelation 3:5 The one who is victorious will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out the name of that person from the book of life, but will acknowledge that name before my Father and his angels.

Looks like God's Truth matters, and Calvinism is false, as is OSAS.

To believe that you can lose your salvation is to believe that Jesus did not save you in the first place. Our salvation is sure and secure. If you fall away after making a profession of faith in Christ you never did believe in the first place. All that come to Christ as repentant sinners are sealed with the Holy Spirit, Ephesians 1:13. There is no unsealing. Our salvation is not based upon our performance. Our salvation is based upon Christ performance. Jesus is the one that fulfilled the law. Jesus is the one that atoned for our sins. We rest in his work and not our own, Hebrews 4:10.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
To believe that you can lose your salvation is to believe that Jesus did not save you in the first place. Our salvation is sure and secure. If you fall away after making a profession of faith in Christ you never did believe in the first place. All that come to Christ as repentant sinners are sealed with the Holy Spirit, Ephesians 1:13. There is no unsealing. Our salvation is not based upon our performance. Our salvation is based upon Christ performance. Jesus is the one that fulfilled the law. Jesus is the one that atoned for our sins. We rest in his work and not our own, Hebrews 4:10.

If that be so, what is the meaning of the following;

Hebrews 6:4-6 King James Version (KJV)

4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Robert Pate

Banned
If that be so, what is the meaning of the following;

Hebrews 6:4-6 King James Version (KJV)

4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Read it again. It is impossible.

God's Truth

To believe that you can lose your salvation is to believe that Jesus did not save you in the first place.
I know that I personally will not lose my salvation because I obey Jesus.
Not everyone obeys Jesus.

We are warned for a reason,

Our salvation is sure and secure. If you fall away after making a profession of faith in Christ you never did believe in the first place.

Where in the world did you get that from?

Luke 8:11-15New King James Version (NKJV)

The Parable of the Sower Explained
11 “Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God. 12 Those by the wayside are the ones who hear; then the devil comes and takes away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved. 13 But the ones on the rock are those who, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, who believe for a while and in time of temptation fall away. 14 Now the ones that fell among thorns are those who, when they have heard, go out and are choked with cares, riches, and pleasures of life, and bring no fruit to maturity. 15 But the ones that fell on the good ground are those who, having heard the word with a noble and good heart, keep it and bear fruit with patience.

All that come to Christ as repentant sinners are sealed with the Holy Spirit, Ephesians 1:13.
Repentant sinners mean you come to Jesus repenting of your sins.
There is no unsealing. Our salvation is not based upon our performance. Our salvation is based upon Christ performance. Jesus is the one that fulfilled the law. Jesus is the one that atoned for our sins. We rest in his work and not our own, Hebrews 4:10.

Jesus saves us all on his own, and he chooses whom he saves. Jesus says he saves those who believe and obey him.

God's Truth

Read it again. It is impossible.

The scripture says it is impossible for them to be able to come back to Jesus to be saved all over again.

This is about the Jews who came to Jesus to be saved. This is about the Jews who came to JESUS to be saved and experienced the miracles of the Holy Spirit...and then to turn away from Christ and go back to life as a Jew who rejects Christ.

Robert Pate

Banned
I know that I personally will not lose my salvation because I obey Jesus.
Not everyone obeys Jesus.

We are warned for a reason,

Where in the world did you get that from?

Luke 8:11-15New King James Version (NKJV)

The Parable of the Sower Explained
11 “Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God. 12 Those by the wayside are the ones who hear; then the devil comes and takes away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved. 13 But the ones on the rock are those who, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, who believe for a while and in time of temptation fall away. 14 Now the ones that fell among thorns are those who, when they have heard, go out and are choked with cares, riches, and pleasures of life, and bring no fruit to maturity. 15 But the ones that fell on the good ground are those who, having heard the word with a noble and good heart, keep it and bear fruit with patience.

Repentant sinners mean you come to Jesus repenting of your sins.

Jesus saves us all on his own, and he chooses whom he saves. Jesus says he saves those who believe and obey him.

If I were you I would be very concerned about my salvation. You seem to think that it is the Gospel plus your obedience that is going to save you. Anytime that you ad something to the Gospel like your obedience you have perverted the Gospel and have made it of no effect.

God's Truth

If I were you I would be very concerned about my salvation. You seem to think that it is the Gospel plus your obedience that is going to save you. Anytime that you ad something to the Gospel like your obedience you have perverted the Gospel and have made it of no effect.

It is never ever perverted to obey God.

You should worry about your soul.

Robert Pate

Banned
It is never ever perverted to obey God.

You should worry about your soul.

There are many like yourself that believe it is the Gospel plus something. What you are really saying is that the work of Christ was not sufficient to save and justify you, therefore you must ad your obedience or your religion to the Gospel. Don't be surprised in the judgment if that didn't work for you.