Which would you rather be?

Which would you rather be?

• Buried up to your chin in fresh, sun warmed, sewer pond scum.

Votes: 24 82.8%
  • Buried up to your chin in sweaty homos.

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
beanie-
FYI, Clete was saying he was glad that he was not in the shoes of one who mocks God. He wasn't being thankful that he wasn't "like that sinner."

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
beanieboy said:
9Then Jesus told this story to some who had great self-confidence and scorned everyone else: 10"Two men went to the Temple to pray. One was a Pharisee, and the other was a dishonest tax collector. 11The proud Pharisee stood by himself and prayed this prayer: `I thank you, God, that I am not a sinner like everyone else, especially like that tax collector over there! For I never cheat, I don't sin, I don't commit adultery, 12I fast twice a week, and I give you a tenth of my income.'

13"But the tax collector stood at a distance and dared not even lift his eyes to heaven as he prayed. Instead, he beat his chest in sorrow, saying, `O God, be merciful to me, for I am a sinner.' 14I tell you, this sinner, not the Pharisee, returned home justified before God. For the proud will be humbled, but the humble will be honored."

Food for thought.

beanieboy said:
Does he or does he not say, "thank you so much for not making me like other people"?

I'm sorry that you can't make a point without name calling, but name calling doesn't strengthen your argument.

Peace.
So beanieboy, you're pointing out that Clete's attitude shouldn't be like Pharisee but more like the tax collecter who prayed...
`O God, be merciful to me, for I am a sinner.'

It's great to know that you see yourself as a sinner. You do see this right? Of course you do because if you didn't, this would make you such a huge hypocrite and we all know you don't want to be that, right? So when did you finally realize you're a sinner?

beanieboy

Lighthouse said:
beanie-
FYI, Clete was saying he was glad that he was not in the shoes of one who mocks God. He wasn't being thankful that he wasn't "like that sinner."

How is that different?

beanieboy

Poly said:
So beanieboy, you're pointing out that Clete's attitude should be more like the one who prayed...
`O God, be merciful to me, for I am a sinner.'

It's great to know that you see yourself as a sinner. You do see this right? Of course you do because if you didn't, this would make you such a huge hypocrite and we all know you don't want to be that, right? So when did you finally realize you're a sinner?

I've always known. You realize that you are a sinner as well, right?
But would you ever say, "I'm so glad I'm not like you!"

That is self exhaltation.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
beanieboy said:
I've always known. You realize that you are a sinner as well, right?
But would you ever say, "I'm so glad I'm not like you!"

That is self exhaltation

Just who is it that's exhaulting himself around here?
You haven't prayed to God as this tax collecter did who dared not look up to heaven. Instead, you proudly engage in what God hates. You think that you're good enough on your own merit to escape His judgment, all the while slapping Him in the face when you claim you're in no need of His Son. Now that fits a Pharisee to a T.

Clete, on the other hand, as well as all the others who've been trying to pound some sense into that thick skull of yours, have bowed their head before an almighty God, asking Him to have mercy on their souls realizing that there is nothing good in themselves that could save them. That sounds nothing like the pharisee and everything like the tax collector in the passage you quoted.

beanieboy

Poly said:
Just who is it that's exhaulting himself around here?
You haven't prayed to God as this tax collecter did who dared not look up to heaven. Instead, you proudly engage in what God hates. You think that you're good enough on your own merit to escape His judgment, all the while slapping Him in the face when you claim you're in no need of His Son. Now that fits a Pharisee to a T.

Clete, on the other hand, as well as all the others who've been trying to pound some sense into that thick skull of yours, have bowed their head before an almighty God, asking Him to have mercy on their souls realizing that there is nothing good in themselves that could save them. That sounds nothing like the pharisee and everything like the tax collector in the passage you quoted.

This passage means to you: it is only bad to think yourself better than others if the person is nonrepentant?

Ephesians 2
8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9Not of works, lest any man should boast.

10For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

TruthSmack on that.

It's wrong to brag that you are good because you have come to God. It is through God's mercy, not something that you have done or earned.

beanieboy

Poly said:
Clete, on the other hand, as well as all the others who've been trying to pound some sense into that thick skull of yours,

Tell me how starting a thread asking if you would rather be in pond scum or sweaty men to your necks is humble.

Explain to me how saying that he's sooooo glad he's not like someone else is humility before God where one can't even look up at God.

You are a blind guide.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Beanie,

You're not getting it because you're stupid. Stop trying, okay? You're driving me nuts! :bang:

beanieboy

Clete said:
Beanie,

You're not getting it because you're stupid. Stop trying, okay? You're driving me nuts! :bang:

Then explain it to me.

Does any christian have the right to brag about their own salvation, and think themselves better than a nonrepentant person?

Crow

beanieboy said:
It is talking about arrogance for being thankful that you aren't like others.

Peace be with you.
It's about thinking that you can be righteous by your own works. The Pharisee couldn't keep the Law perfectly. The tax collector realized that He needed God's mercy because He was unable to be righteous by his own works.

The Pharisee missed the whole point of the Law. The Law is a tutor which shows people that they need Christ as savior.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
beanieboy said:
This passage means to you: it is only bad to think yourself better than others if the person is nonrepentant?

Ephesians 2
8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9Not of works, lest any man should boast.

10For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

TruthSmack on that.

It's wrong to brag that you are good because you have come to God. It is through God's mercy, not something that you have done or earned.
No duh, Dick Tracy.

There is nothing wrong with being thankful that we are not what we used to be. Because we know it isn't because of anything we've done, to make ourselves better than what we were.

Crow

Clete said:
It's talking about putting your false religiousity on display for everyone to see and about being a hypocrite you silly foolish pervert.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Yup.

And it's also about someone who is vain enough that he thinks that he has achieved righteousness by his own works as opposed to one who has grasped the true message of the Law--that we cannot be righteous by our own works and we need Christ as savior.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
beanieboy said:
Then explain it to me.
I have seen many attempts to explain it to you. All have, so far, failed to penetrate the narcissism you continue to defend.
Does any christian have the right to brag about their own salvation, and think themselves better than a nonrepentant person?
Christians generally do not brag about their own salvation. That is a myth you started to exhalt yourself with a false humility by accusing others of being less humble than you claim to be.

So, what's the point? Are you now trying to start another myth about the attitudes of the repentent and non-repentent? What's the argument? I may be bad, but you are worse, therefore, I'm better than you?

Granite

Hall of Fame
One Eyed Jack said:
No, he didn't.

I haven't met too many lesbians that I'd consider to be hot babes. Most of them are just man-hating butch dykes.

And a lotta straight men are misogynistic creeps. Tit for tat.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Clete said:
Is this you imitation of a man-hating dyke or what? :think:

"Is this you"? Is that YOUR imitation of a toothless rednecked gum-sucking Bible-clutching dweeb? If so you did a heck of a job. :BRAVO:

Rimi

One Eyed Jack said:
No, he didn't.

I haven't met too many lesbians that I'd consider to be hot babes. Most of them are just man-hating butch dykes.

Ditto that. Husband's niece is fomo and has hit on me. Hate when that happens and I have loaded guns in the house. Have recently found from its mother that it was molested by its now-gay-n-out father. I feel so very bad for it to have been hurt so badly by the one person who was supposed to keep it safe. But now it's a pervert, and has perverted one of its cousins into thinking it is fomo too. It's a predator, no longer a victim/survivor. I wouldn't witness to it if you paid me.

Looking forward to B-Boy's apology to Clete and every normal person here.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Rimi said:
Ditto that. Husband's niece is fomo and has hit on me. Hate when that happens and I have loaded guns in the house. Have recently found from its mother that it was molested by its now-gay-n-out father. I feel so very bad for it to have been hurt so badly by the one person who was supposed to keep it safe. But now it's a pervert, and has perverted one of its cousins into thinking it is fomo too. It's a predator, no longer a victim/survivor. I wouldn't witness to it if you paid me.

Looking forward to B-Boy's apology to Clete and every normal person here.

"It"? Loaded guns? Who let this wingnut into the room?:nono:

Status
Not open for further replies.