essential for salvation:

Status
Not open for further replies.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
~*~*~

The fundamental principle here is love and the practice of loving. Since love is the nature, motive and creative intelligence behind life and its eternal progression and the unfolding of its divine potential and infinite possibilities, only by love and by loving can you inherit all that eternity and infinity has.

OP's point is that this account used the work how to inherit eternal life.

So no one can argue or twist around to say it otherwise, like you have to believe in their own doctrines.

Do you know that is not what most churches are claiming? Did you even read that those naysayers posts?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
~*~*~

The fundamental principle here is love and the practice of loving. Since love is the nature, motive and creative intelligence behind life and its eternal progression and the unfolding of its divine potential and infinite possibilities, only by love and by loving can you inherit all that eternity and infinity has.
[MENTION=1746]freelight[/MENTION]:

you are absolutely missing my point of this thread.

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Jesus said that if we do those things, we will spend eternity with Him and if we don't, we'll spend it with Satan and his angels.

I'm inclined to listen to Him.

Very little of the above means anything to salvation except the last. Theology won't save you. Following what Jesus told us to do, that will save.
Remove yourself from the catholic cult, a whore.

john w

Hall of Fame

This is it according to Jesus:….. So I am showing it what Jesus says.Because what Jesus says is the matter for Jesus' followers.My threads are mostly for public educations about Jesus teachings….. what Jesus says about…. know but that's not what Jesus tells us to do.Christians are supposed to be Jesus followers.He says to follow me meaning do like what He did……. it is Jesus' word….. That's how Jesus explains about salvation.why do you disregard it?I thought you claim Jesus is your Lord……The Scribe asked Jesus how can we inherit eternal life.Isnt salvation about inheriting the eternal life? I know it is.And what did He say? be like merciful Samaritan.now do you get it?I guess you don't think salvation is about inheriting eternal life…Salvation is about inheriting eternal life.

Luke 18 KJV
18 And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?

19 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.

20 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother.

21 And he said, All these have I kept from my youth up.

22 Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.

The Scribe asked Jesus how can we inherit eternal life.Isnt salvation about inheriting the eternal life? I know it is.And what did He say?

Sell all you have, Mess-hack, per the certain ruler asked Jesus how we can inherit eternal life. "Jesus says...Jesus tells us what to do...to be Jesus followers...."

Watch the spin, evasion, sound byte, crafty/subtil(Genesis 3 KJV) dismissal, , spam.

Watch.

Sell that stupid hat, also.

And, while you're at it, per...

Christians are supposed to be Jesus followers...... meaning do like what He did

Walk on water, raise the dead, make limbs grow, make the blind see, go to Jerusalem 3 times/year, to observe the feasts....

Troll, deceiver, charlatan-even you know it.

Good day to you, sir.

musterion

John John John.

Will you please get with the Meshak program already?

Haven't you noticed how the Meshak people always say they're not saved? THAT'S how they're right in telling other people THEY'RE not saved too!

Get it?

According to the Meshak people, NO ONE is saved. Only a bunch of rats in a contest to see who can clean themselves up the most.

I'm a rat, you're a rat, all God's chirren are rats, JohnW! Dirty, filthy, lost rats!

Jesus isn't our standard, THE MESHAK PEOPLE ARE OUR STANDARD!

So let's get clean, brother! Join the Meshak people TODAY! The Meshak yoke is light, brother, and the Meshak way full o' blessings!

Be like Meshak! Go to Hell but make sure you look good getting there!

Good day, sir.

john w

Hall of Fame
John John John.

Will you please get with the Meshak program already?

Haven't you noticed how the Meshak people always say they're not saved? THAT'S how they're right in telling other people THEY'RE not saved too!

Get it?

According to the Meshak people, NO ONE is saved. Only a bunch of rats in a contest to see who can clean themselves up the most.

I'm a rat, you're a rat, all God's chirren are rats, JohnW! Dirty, filthy, lost rats!

Jesus isn't our standard, THE MESHAK PEOPLE ARE OUR STANDARD!

So let's get clean, brother! Join the Meshak people TODAY! The Meshak yoke is light, brother, and the Meshak way full o' blessings!

Be like Meshak! Go to Hell but make sure you look good getting there!

Good day, sir.
Yes sir, musty, as mess-hack shouts, "I'm a dirty rat, but I'm a cleaner rat, than all my fellow rats, so I must be saved, as my life style tells me so!!!!"

Hmmmphhh!

meshak

BANNED
Banned
essential for salvation:

This is it according to Jesus:

Luke 10:25-37 New International Version (NIV)

The Parable of the Good Samaritan

25 On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

26 “What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?”

27 He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’[a]; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’

28 “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”

29 But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”

30 In reply Jesus said: “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. 31 A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. 32 So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33 But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. 34 He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35 The next day he took out two denarii[c] and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’

36 “Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”

37 The expert in the law replied, “The one who had mercy on him.”

Jesus told him, “Go and do likewise.”

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You see, Jesus is explaining how to inherit eternal life in this account.

He is essentially saying to produce fruit which is work.

This is not my doctrine, it is Jesus'.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Oh, i'm getting it........

Oh, i'm getting it........

[MENTION=1746]freelight[/MENTION]:

OP's point is that this account used the work how to inherit eternal life.

So no one can argue or twist around to say it otherwise, like you have to believe in their own doctrines.

Do you know that is not what most churches are claiming? Did you even read that those naysayers posts?

you are absolutely missing my point of this thread.

My short paragraph was right on topic dear,...as I was just describing what the main point was between Jesus discussion with the lawyer, and the lawyer did quote the Shema (Deuteronomy 6:4-5), "Hear O Isreael, the Lord our God, the Lord is one, and you shall love the Lord your God with all your being, etc....then went on to quote loving your neighbor as yourself,....so we come back to the Law behind all laws. Love. The Shema and the law that follows it is the prime one for God's people, returning their love and service to The One Creator. (it includes love for 'God' and love for others) - As we love, we are abiding in the life-stream. The Spirit is life, and its nature is love.

Now as to 'who is our neighbor?', then Jesus proceeds to tell the parable of the Samaritan, to continue the illustration of showing genuine love for others. The love that was demonstrated is the love that is perfect, just like living faith produces action (fruit), those works proving the spirit of love and faith behind the service. The love carries out its full or complete service, it is perfect. I covered this amply in my response to your first inquiry about reading this particular thread here :)

Therefore in this light, my summary shared earlier in this thread below expands on the theme -

" The fundamental principle here is love and the practice of loving. Since love is the nature, motive and creative intelligence behind life and its eternal progression and the unfolding of its divine potential and infinite possibilities, only by love and by loving can you inherit all that eternity and infinity has."

The issue is inheritance of eternal life, the God kind of life, the kind that continues on into the age(aeon) or ages (aeons) to come, while the concept of being 'saved' has a different implication and nuance, which probably complicates things, since being 'saved' is packed with so many preconceptions and other assumptions. In reality, beyond our defining of terms, we are being 'saved' daily, and delivered from this or that, in the experience of space and time, its an experiential thing, and if it is not, it is merely an intellectual concept which has little value, except a religious term to assume or use for serving one's own terms on what 'salvation' is, according to them, OR their interpretation of scripture.

john w

Hall of Fame
You see, Jesus is explaining how to inherit eternal life in this account.

He is essentially saying to produce fruit which is work.

This is not my doctrine, it is Jesus'.

Luke 18 KJV
18 And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?

19 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.

20 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother.

21 And he said, All these have I kept from my youth up.

22 Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.

Sell all you have.

Fraud.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
essential for salvation:

This is it according to Jesus:

Luke 10:25-37 New International Version (NIV)

The Parable of the Good Samaritan

25 On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

26 “What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?”

27 He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’[a]; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’
28 “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”

29 But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”

30 In reply Jesus said: “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. 31 A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. 32 So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33 But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. 34 He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35 The next day he took out two denarii[c] and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’

36 “Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”

37 The expert in the law replied, “The one who had mercy on him.”

Jesus told him, “Go and do likewise.”

Status
Not open for further replies.