Why would God need a hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickiel

Let me say this again to all unbelievers, Jesus actually came to earth for YOU; he did NOT come for his followers, the believers, they already believe, YOU are the focus. Get your bible, if you don't have one, get one; and in time, you'll get used to reading it. In 1 Tim.1;15, " This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners!"

Let me ask you, why in the world of common sense would Jesus come here to save people who reject him, only to condemn them for rejecting him? No, he came here SEEKING those who reject him. He came to SEEK and save lost people. Don't you listen to religion any more, they will do nothing but condemn you. You listen to that bible.

Lon

You are ignorant of Sheol - no wonder you don't understand this matter. Go study.
:doh: In all your 20 years of living and 'studying?' You are as arrogant as you are ignorant, pup. I'm being a little arrogant to say it, but I've studied a LOT longer than you have even been alive :noway:

Mickiel

Excellent, don't listen to anybody here.

Oh I listen to several people here who make sense; I listen for the salvation of humans, I pray for it, and I hear it in scripture.

I know where the voice of calling people " The Dammed", comes from.

The grace of our Lord is exceedingly abundant with faith and love, 1 Tim. 1:14; I hear that and any voice that magnifies that; I will listen.

Aimiel

You are not condemned, there is no condemnation, its a fantasy.
Jesus said there is...

Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things?*I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

He knew there is nothing good in man. He shed His Blood for a reason. Without the Blood, there is no life. You need to repent.

Prizebeatz1

Jesus said there is...

Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things?*I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

He knew there is nothing good in man. He shed His Blood for a reason. Without the Blood, there is no life. You need to repent.

Matthew 10:31: "...you are worth more than many sparrows." This was before he was crucified and resurrected mind you.

Mickiel

Jesus said there is...

Was the blood of Christ shed for people who do not repent?

You like to mention his blood, is his blood prejudice?

Was the blood of Christ particular, like you Christians are?

Lon

I have used well over 600 scriptures in this thread, I keep count for people like you who like to accuse with no reason. If I can cherry pick that many scriptures, then the bible is a cherry tree.
Be careful, someone like me will do the footwork:

Matt. 11:12
Nothing to do with universal salvation

Matt. 24:21
Nothing to do with universal salvation

Isaiah 57:16 Jer. 3:12 Matt. 23:13

Note that these aren't to all people, just to Israel.

Isaiah 45:23
Not really seeing 'bowing' in recognizing He is God as 'salvation.'
You are 'emoting' your way through scripture. Wishful thinking isn't acceptable scripture reading or understanding, and is, in fact, the mark of false prophets, cults, and Satan.

1 Corinth. 3:15 . Mark 9:49.

John 12:47
Isaiah 1:18
Hebrews 8:11
Again, Israel.
Micah 7:18
"Remanant" even from among Israel. I'm not sure if you understand 'who' the promises are given to or why these scriptures actually work against you instead of for you. You seem to be into 'wishful thinking' instead of 'insightful reading' of scriptures.

Lam.3:31-32
"Jews."

Isaiah 45:23
...already used it ▲

Romans 14: 7-9
Er, verse 13 "brother" in Christ.

1 John 4:14 John 4:42

Psalms 145:8-9
Doesn't say a thing about universal salvation.
Rom. 5:20
Well Romans 2:7-9;8:5,13 so it looks like you do 'cherry pick.'

2 Corinthians 5:19
19-22
Rev. 2:4 , Rev. 2:4, 14, 20 Rev. 3:20
These aren't talking about universal salvation

1 John 1:7, 1 John 2:2

25-30
2 Pet. 3:9
1 John 3:8
John 3:35
Ezk. 18:4
Heb. 10:10
Gal. 5:22-23
2 Pet. 3:9 Isaiah 45:23

James 3:17
Isaiah 40:5
Neither about universal salvation :plain:

33 -38.
1 John 2:1
Isaiah 65:1
John 17:2 Matt. 1:21 Rev. 12:9
In Luke 19:10 Luke 9:56
Luke 2:30-31
John 1:7 Matt. 1:21

I have used over 115 scriptures in this thread to show it.
:nono: 85 and that is giving you the benefit of the doubt against a lot of repeats that you'd already given. Most of them are to Israel and even a good many of those, in context, are against you, not for you.

This after 20 pages likely won't get to 600 (you repeat a good many of them) but they should actually 'be' about universal salvation, you get distracted and talk about Christ's lack of deity so certainly those pages and verses don't count, and you probably wouldn't even get to 300 verses if your drop off from about page 35-50 holds (about 10 verses, the rest about other rabbit-trails).

I have 430 more to use ; my goal for this thread is 600 salvation verses.
Not sure which of the '600' are supposed to 'support' a universal salvation. It again, is reading select verses out of context and 'thinking' that it somehow applies to everybody. I also know that a lot of them are out of context. You can't just rip 'a' verse from the Bible and say it is telling me 'to go do likewise.' That just isn't the way language works, ever.

Explain rather, these verses *(just 5 passages):

1. Matthew 7:13-14

2. Matthew 7:21-23

3. Matthew 25:31-46

4. Luke 16:19-31;24

5. Revelation 20:11-15

Last edited:

Aimiel

Was the blood of Christ shed for people who do not repent?

You like to mention his blood, is his blood prejudice?

Was the blood of Christ particular, like you Christians are?

Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

What do you think this verse means?

Reactions: Lon

Aimiel

Those who believe Christ, the things He said changes them and they become born again. Those who attempt to use His Words to attack His Lambs, it would be better for them if a millstone were hanged around their necks and cast into the sea.

Timotheos

Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

What do you think this verse means?

Evidentally "having no life in you" means "having eternal life in hell being tortured alive forever by God". Is that what the verse means to you?

(I actually believe "ye have no life in you" means that the unrepentant will NOT have eternal life, they will perish just as Jesus said in Luke 13:3, Luke 13:5, and MANY other places in the Bible.

Prizebeatz1

Eating of the flesh of the Son of man cannot be literal. Just because we pretend that something changes into the flesh of Jesus in some sort of ceremony does not make it real. Many refuse to admit to this out of fear of making someone else wrong or out of fear of not being able to find a better explanation for themselves. It's easier and more convenient to believe what we've been taught instead. We are afraid to admit we don't know the answers so we just hang on to superstitions instead. It's better to have something to believe in rather than nothing even if that something is not accurate.

If we were to take eating Jesus's flesh literally then it wouldn't actually be possible unless he were still alive. Now we can interpret the scripture to be symbolic but then we would have all kinds of different interpretations pop up and that's where disagreements arise. I personally think the flesh and blood is symbolic of the soul. And another thing, we can't just pretend that because we believe Christ we are born again if there is no evidence of changes in a person's heart. We can't fool everybody all of the time. Some people will call our bluff.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
True love..........

True love..........

Ask Mr. Religion wrote:

Those in this terrible states of eternal punishment in gehenna, the lake of fire, are a standing monument to the glory of God's holy, infinite vengeance (Rom 9:22-23).

AMR

Inflicting some grandiose 'infinite punishment' upon souls for a finite term of 'sin' is insane.

We've challenged the dogma of ECT(eternal conscious torment) here and elsewhere.

Noble spirits beyond the grave reject such a doctrine here.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Inflicting some grandiose 'infinite punishment' upon souls for a finite term of 'sin' is insane.

We've challenged the dogma of ECT(eternal conscious torment) here and elsewhere.

wanting others to suffer eternally
what more could christianity be?

Lon

wanting others to suffer eternally
what more could christianity be?
"Wanting?" I suppose warmonger is the next accusation? I 'want' to deal with actuals instead of 'gut feelings' and bruised sentimentalities.

I can ONLY work with what is actually there, not a lot of fluff or overt emoting. Scripture alone must ever be the standard for us. For you Catholics? Tradition and authority is a triple-whammy.

Zeke

Theological induced psychosis is the hardest to break through to, generational worship is passed down through religious/traditional institutions that turn them into political like loyalist no matter how absurd the platform, they will campaign for it.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
In Rev. 21:5 God promises to make " All things New!"

"Re 21:5 all things new—not recent, but changed from the old (Greek, “kaina,” not “nea”). An earnest of this regeneration and transfiguration of nature is given already in the regenerate soul." Jamieson, R., Fausset, A. R., & Brown, D. (1997). Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible (Vol. 2, p. 601). Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.