Interpretation

Prizebeatz1

Not sure if you are in accord with truth or not.
For example... Jesus said "No on comes to the Father, but by me".
There is no other way..... There is only one truth. There is one Truth.

The personality has an unconscious desire to separate from God, from the universe, from truth. Holding on to a belief such as Jesus is the only way has cut us off from awareness of the fact that we are already one with God, the universe and the the truth. The personality is delusional in its thought that it is separate. Can we actually separate from the universe or from the fact of our existence? It doesn't matter how hard we try to believe otherwise. We are already connected with all of creation and therefore we are a part of it. There is oneness, togetherness, unity in the very fact of our existence.

Last edited:

6days

Holding on to a belief such as Jesus is the only way has cut us off from awareness of the fact that we are already one with God....
Ok... Well, you are sort of answering your own question about interpretation. Jesus is either the only way as He claimed....or He wasn't. You are claiming He was a liar, and that your interpretation is correct.
I think I will stick with what Jesus said.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The personality has an unconscious desire to separate from God, from the universe, from truth. Holding on to a belief such as Jesus is the only way has cut us off from awareness of the fact that we are already one with God, the universe and the the truth. The personality is delusional in its thought that it is separate. Can we actually separate from the universe or from the fact of our existence? It doesn't matter how hard we try to believe otherwise. We are already connected with all of creation and therefore we are a part of it. There is oneness, togetherness, unity in the very fact of our existence.

Do you wear tin foil hats and chant?

OCTOBER23

CHRYS

It is what you believe and I believe this........

THE PLAIN TRUTH IS THAT THE CATHOLIC CHURCH

BURNED AND TORTURED REAL CHRISTIANS DOWN THROUGH HISTORY.

So much for the Historic Pagan Catholic Church.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Along with the next entry, this is one of the two most appalling incidents of criminal cowardice in the history of the Catholic Church. Jan Hus (c. 1369 – 6 July 1415) was a Czech priest and Catholic reformer who could not stand what he saw as various corruptions rife throughout the Roman Catholic Church. It would take too long to explain every detail of his arguments with the Church, but they can all be simplified to his view that the priests, bishops, archbishops and popes were immoral and given to sin, just as any other human. Thus, any rule the Church established was corrupt, because 100% of the rules necessary for Christian living and salvation had already been written by God in the Bible.He made no secret of his disdain and outright antagonism for the Church in his Prague pulpit. He was strongly influenced by #10, and when #10 died a peaceful death, Hus carried on in his place. He especially wanted the papal schism to end. There were two popes at the time, Gregory XII and Benedict XIII. In 1409, Alexander V was elected to appease both sides, but this backfired. Hus saw it was one more proof that the Church was a human institution, and no longer divine.In 1411, indulgences received a sudden surge of popularity following the death of Prague’s Archbishop, Zbynek Zajic, when Antipope John XXIII advocated indulgences to insure that all those under his bishopric would be cleaned of the sin of following Hus. Hus sternly preached against indulgences. So, in 1415, the Church convened the Council of Constance to put an end to the papal schism, but also to put an end to Hus. They tricked him into coming to the Council under a letter of indemnity, which meant they promised to do no harm at all to him. All they wanted was to talk.While he was there, the Church started the rumor that he was trying to escape the city of Constance (Konstanz). He was not trying to escape, because he wrote his will before leaving Prague. He knew they might try to kill him, and they did, arresting, trying and imprisoning him for heresy. He was held in an underground dungeon, fed very little, contracting the flu and possibly pneumonia. He was ordered to recant his teachings, and he refused, stating that he stood firmly and solely on the Bible, that for the Church to demand his recantation of the Bible was the same as demanding God’s genuflection to the Roman Catholic Church. This infuriated the Church officials, who promptly sentenced him to death. They refused him the Last Rites and burned him at the stake.

Prizebeatz1

Ok... Well, you are sort of answering your own question about interpretation. Jesus is either the only way as He claimed....or He wasn't. You are claiming He was a liar, and that your interpretation is correct.
I think I will stick with what Jesus said.

You just blew your cover. Running and hiding after throwing a cheap shot is the mark that you are attached and identified with a coward. Please don't put words in my mouth.

6days

You just blew your cover. Running and hiding after throwing a cheap shot is the mark that you are attached and identified with a coward. Please don't put words in my mouth.
Uh... its not a cheap shot.
Jesus claimed He was the only way.
You claim there are other ways...if I understood you correctly.
Therefore you must think Jesus was a liar?

I rejected your 'interpretation' and accept what Jesus plainly said.

Prizebeatz1

Uh... its not a cheap shot.
Jesus claimed He was the only way.
You claim there are other ways...if I understood you correctly.
Therefore you must think Jesus was a liar?

I rejected your 'interpretation' and accept what Jesus plainly said.

The cheap shot is putting words in my mouth. Did I ever say Jesus was a liar? Did I ever say I had the correct interpretation? And then we're going to go and hide behind a belief in Jesus to protect us from facing what is infinite and eternal? Do we not see the fear on which this is based?

My premise is that Jesus is the personification of the infinite and eternal part of us. That does not make Jesus a liar. It questions our interpretation of the scriptures. I'm proposing that Jesus is symbolic.

Last edited:

6days

The cheap shot is putting words in my mouth. Did I ever say Jesus was a liar? Did I ever say I had the correct interpretation? And then we're going to go and hide behind a belief in Jesus to protect us from facing what is infinite and eternal? Do we not see the fear on which this is based?

My premise is that Jesus is the personification of the infinite and eternal part of us. That does not make Jesus a liar. It questions our interpretation of the scriptures.
That may be your premise, but it makes Jesus out to be a liar. He said "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father but by me".

Interplanner

My premise is that Jesus is the personification of the infinite and eternal part of us. That does not make Jesus a liar. It questions our interpretation of the scriptures. I'm proposing that Jesus is symbolic.

No, he was not symbolic. The Christian position since the creeds is that he was fully God and fully man. The two natures may have a hard time fitting into the same person, but they are both there. He was in real space and time in his life here. The purpose of his life was to be a perfect atoning sacrifice for human sin, so that there would be justification for those who believe upon him for that. If there are backstory symbols about him, they existed to make that purpose clear. But he, himself, was not a symbol otherwise.

Prizebeatz1

That may be your premise, but it makes Jesus out to be a liar. He said "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father but by me".

That is one way to see it if you choose. But that could be missing the point. Would it be more important that Jesus was not a liar in order to uphold your belief or would it be more important to turn to your infinite and eternal identity of the soul?

Prizebeatz1

No, he was not symbolic. The Christian position since the creeds is that he was fully God and fully man. The two natures may have a hard time fitting into the same person, but they are both there. He was in real space and time in his life here. The purpose of his life was to be a perfect atoning sacrifice for human sin, so that there would be justification for those who believe upon him for that. If there are backstory symbols about him, they existed to make that purpose clear. But he, himself, was not a symbol otherwise.

Again, one way of seeing out of many. I think the story of Jesus is actually about us. It is about us and our own divinity. No one is going to offer such a possibility because it could cause riots. The enemy is going to suppress such an interpretation at all costs. Why?

Jamie Gigliotti

I thought there was only one truth? How can there be relative and objective truth? Aren't these two kinds of truth? Wouldn't this make these two kinds of truth oppose each other? Perhaps a part of us is unconsciously creating divisions because that is its nature. There is no doubt something in us is trying to create separation in almost everything it sees. Could this be the personality or who we take ourselves to be? Perhaps we are unconsciously attached to this identity. Wouldn't that explain our tendency to divide and separate? What would be the implications?
Objective truth is the only genuine truth. It is reality. Our pride wants to make truth relative to our view, our perspective. Relative truth is not reality. There is one creator, definer of reality. What truly differs amongst us all is our understanding, or knowledge of objective truth (reality).

Prizebeatz1

Objective truth is the only genuine truth. It is reality. Our pride wants to make truth relative to our view, our perspective. Relative truth is not reality. There is one creator, definer of reality. What truly differs amongst us all is our understanding, or knowledge of objective truth (reality).

Well if that is the case then we are included in this reality, included in this truth, included in this universe, included with God, correct? We could never be divided from all this. So what's with the unconscious belief that we are somehow separate?

6days

That is one way to see it if you choose.
Correct...We can choose to accept what Jesus said...or reject Him.
But that could be missing the point.
The point is that words mean something. You seem to think your babbling should be accepted rather than what Christ clearly taught.
2 Timothy 2:16 “But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.”

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

HisServant

but you said

So I did... If you are one of his sheep, the Holy Spirit will do his job, if you aren't.. he is under no obligation to.

The elect (and no one knows who they are) have the Holy Spirit.

It sounds like you are looking for a way to work your way to heaven.