Should Town Heretic Be Banned From TOL For Life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
from here:

The challenge has always and still remains. If Knight wants to put his word in and you're perma banned when the credentials are verified, any day you like. :D I could have any number of attorneys or the bar itself validate the claim.

i'm not interested in knight, or "any number of attorneys or the bar itself"

this is between me and you

are you willing to stand behind what you said, or are you going to chicken out like last time?

Last edited:

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Why on earth should TH be banned from TOL for life? I certainly don't agree with much of what he says, and I'm certainly no TH fanboy (as opposed to certain people on this site), but what on earth merits banning him?

ok doser

There is no me and you.

of course there is - this is between you and me

period

There's just your specious claim and lack of backbone against a certain truth and your loss of this forum to vent.

the only claim i'm making is that you have no way to prove to me that you are a lawyer - there's nothing you can provide me that's not open source available

I never did and you'll never produce a quote of me doing so. You ran. You declared you didn't care when I made the challenge conditional to your permanent banning.

so step up to the plate, nancy

are you prepared to defend your claim?

I can absolutely prove without equivocation that I am and have been for some time a lawyer in good standing before the bar.

Last edited:

ok doser

Why on earth should TH be banned from TOL for life? I certainly don't agree with much of what he says, and I'm certainly no TH fanboy (as opposed to certain people on this site), but what on earth merits banning him?

it's his challenge :idunno:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:yawn: No ... TH should not be banned due to another member's jealousy and spite.

Truly pathetic.

ok doser

I am deeply confused. What are you two contesting?

i make statements about town pretending to be a lawyer

town, being a very sensitive little boy, gets upset

at one point in the past, he challenged me to a contest based on his being able to "prove" that he is a lawyer, with the loser being permanently banned

I almost took him up on it, knowing that he couldn't win

he refers to it from time to time, waving the victory flag at himself and claiming i ran from his challenge

now watch, as he's confronted with the possibility that he might have to be banned permanently

watch him weasel out of it

he's already started to over on the other thread

by all means, feel free to join me in mocking him :)

Last edited:

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
In reply to TH:

It was a game he played at for a long time, mostly under one of his other usernames. AMR verified my credentials and I made a challenge to him on the point...mostly because back then I thought it mattered, was thinking of the whole thing in real world terms. But when I set out the perma ban part he declared he didn't care one way or the other, ect.

I just don't understand the point of contesting them in the first place.

The same reason he spent time going after the South, or any particular related to me, really.

The South? Really? I like the South. I don't really like the demographics, but by gosh, I love the South. :plain:

Thanks. :rolleyes: Where I'd say its mostly the fast food air about your postings that confirms your degree for me (none taken).

For the ancients, legal practice, public oratory and sophistry basically went hand in hand.

I'm simply saying that, given your fixation on beating the "black letter law" drum in many, if not most, of the debates I've had with you, and your tendency to speak in obscure legalese...

...why would anyone doubt that you're a lawyer when you say that you are?

That would be like calling into question my philosophical credentials.

Don't you have a cross to bear...or erect? :plain:

Sick burn, bro. :p

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
i make statements about town pretending to be a lawyer

Why?

town, being a very sensitive little boy, gets upset

at one point in the past, he challenged me to a contest based on his being able to "prove" that he is a lawyer, with the loser being permanently banned

I almost took him up on it, knowing that he couldn't win

Short of having official documents mailed directly to you, I don't see how he can possibly "win" that challenge.

That said, it seems like a silly challenge to begin with. Why on earth should either of you care that much?

by all means, feel free to join me in mocking him :)

You shouldn't be mocking anyone. :plain:

ok doser

because he likes to pretend that he's a lawyer

:freak:

haven't you noticed?

Short of having official documents mailed directly to you, I don't see how he can possibly "win" that challenge.

which calls into question his bonafides as a lawyer, right?

you'd think a lawyer would see that trap before running his mouth :chuckle:
That said, it seems like a silly challenge to begin with.

it's why i didn't give it much heed back in the day

but here he is today, waving the victory flag at himself:

You still running from the permaban wager on it like Jesse Owens at the starting gun? :D

Why on earth should either of you care that much?

:idunno:

You shouldn't be mocking anyone. :plain:

:noid:

ok doser

and here he is, backing away from the challenge

what a wuss! :darwinsm:

:rotfl: You almost got me into it again. No thanks, sod. I know the truth. You know the truth. Anyone who lived through those periods does too. The rest is nonsense.

Now try to talk about something else. I wonder if you really can. :)

:mock:town, the cowardly "lawyer"

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
I hope the contest happens so Doser will be gone. But, let's face it, no matter what TH is able to produce it wouldn't be enough.

There's nothing that TH can produce online which can't be called into question. The contest is virtually unwinnable on TH's part.

ok doser

Do you have any compelling reason to think that TH isn't a lawyer?

lawyers are trained to argue persuasively

town claims to be a lawyer

therefore, town should have been trained to argue persuasively

town does not argue persuasively

therefore town is not a lawyer

Quetzal

There's nothing that TH can produce online which can't be called into question. The contest is virtually unwinnable on TH's part.
That is what I am getting at, no matter what it wouldn't be enough. Just another pathetic display by Doser in an attempt to slander his rival. Truly disgusting.

ok doser

which a sharp lawyer would have noticed before running his mouth, right? :chuckle:

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
lawyers are trained to argue persuasively

town claims to be a lawyer

therefore, town should have been trained to argue persuasively

town does not argue persuasively

therefore town is not a lawyer

I think you give lawyers way too much credit. Lawyers aren't trained to be independent thinkers. Ask any lawyer, or look up the advice of lawyers online about whether or not to go to law school: legal practice is a technical skill.

They're little more than trained monkeys.

THall

I would be happy if they would just moderate
him a bit. He is allowed to play by a different
set of rules than most others.

Status
Not open for further replies.