Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

marhig

No, they go against you for saying that "repent" always means "repent of sins" when it does not. "Repent" means to turn away from, but the meaning of the word does not specify what is being turned away from.

So what do you believe that Jesus meant for us to do, when he told us to repent? Repent of what? Thanks

Truster

So come on then? What does it mean to you?

It has a definitive meaning. The context in which you use the word proves you have no idea what it means and yet you pretend you have repented.

People who know me are aware that I do some mountain climbing. For some reason there is always one that tells me they've climbed a certain mountain. I have this annoying habit of being genuinely interested and I ask questions about routes. I can go into details about paths, lack of paths, boulders and places that are dangerous. I soon discover if they are lying boasters or not.

On the mountain of salvation you are a boasting liar.

marhig

It has a definitive meaning. The context in which you use the word proves you have no idea what it means and yet you pretend you have repented.

People who know me are aware that I do some mountain climbing. For some reason there is always one that tells me they've climbed a certain mountain. I have this annoying habit of being genuinely interested and I ask questions about routes. I can go into details about paths, lack of paths, boulders and places that are dangerous. I soon discover if they are lying boasters or not.

On the mountain of salvation you are a boasting liar.

I knew you'd go all around the world and twist everything and give no answer, you're good at that. Your good at ripping into others and then giving no answer yourself!

Just simply explain what Jesus meant when he told us to repent?

I'll go first, I believe he means that we are to repent of our sins, what do you believe? How about a nice simple straight answer? Thanks

glorydaz

Truster, Come and let us reason together.

Number 1 Nobody can repent as repentance is worked by a power that is great enough to raise the dead. The dead cannot raise themselves.

Number 2 Anyone who thinks they have repented themselves has not found the strait gate.

Then why does God command all men everywhere to repent?

Acts 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:​

God's Truth

So come on then? What does it mean to you?

Hi Marhig!

Maybe Truster will explain it to you, but I just want to show you these scriptures that PLAINLY tell us that we are to repent of SINS.

Luke 17:3 So watch yourselves. “If your brother or sister sins against you, rebuke them; and if they repent,forgive them.

Luke 17:4 Even if they sin against you seven times in a day and seven times come back to you saying ‘I repent,’ you must forgive them.”

Revelation 9:20 The rest of mankind who were not killed by these plagues still did not repent of the works of their hands. They did not stop worshiping demons and idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone, and wood, which cannot see or hear or walk. 21Furthermore, they did not repent of their murder, sorcery, sexual immorality, and theft.

1 Kings 8:47 and if they have a change of heart in the land where they are held captive, and repent and plead with you in the land of their captors and say, ‘We have sinned, we have done wrong, we have acted wickedly’;

2 Chronicles 6:37 and if they have a change of heart in the land wherethey are held captive, and repent and plead with you in the land of their captivity and say, ‘We have sinned, we have done wrong and acted wickedly’;

Isaiah 59:20 “The Redeemer will come to Zion, to those in Jacob who repent of their sins,” declares the Lord.

Jeremiah 8:6 I have listened attentively, but they do not say what is right. None of them repent of their wickedness, saying, “What have I done?” Each pursues their own course like a horse charging into battle.

Ezekiel 18:30 “Therefore, you Israelites, I will judge each of you according to your own ways, declares the Sovereign Lord. Repent! Turn away from all your offenses; then sin will not be your downfall.

Revelation 16:10 The fifth angel poured out his bowl on the throne of the beast, and its kingdom was plunged into darkness. People gnawed their tongues in agony

Revelation 16:11 and cursed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, but they refused to repent of what they had done.

Revelation 2:5 Consider how far you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first. If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place.

2 Corinthians 12:21 I am afraid that when I come again my God will humble me before you, and I will be grieved over many who have sinned earlier and have not repented of the impurity, sexual sin and debauchery in which they have indulged.

marhig

Hi Marhig!

Maybe Truster will explain it to you, but I just want to show you these scriptures that PLAINLY tell us that we are to repent of SINS.

Luke 17:3 So watch yourselves. “If your brother or sister sins against you, rebuke them; and if they repent,forgive them.

Luke 17:4 Even if they sin against you seven times in a day and seven times come back to you saying ‘I repent,’ you must forgive them.”

Revelation 9:20 The rest of mankind who were not killed by these plagues still did not repent of the works of their hands. They did not stop worshiping demons and idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone, and wood, which cannot see or hear or walk. 21Furthermore, they did not repent of their murder, sorcery, sexual immorality, and theft.

1 Kings 8:47 and if they have a change of heart in the land where they are held captive, and repent and plead with you in the land of their captors and say, ‘We have sinned, we have done wrong, we have acted wickedly’;

2 Chronicles 6:37 and if they have a change of heart in the land wherethey are held captive, and repent and plead with you in the land of their captivity and say, ‘We have sinned, we have done wrong and acted wickedly’;

Isaiah 59:20 “The Redeemer will come to Zion, to those in Jacob who repent of their sins,” declares the Lord.

Jeremiah 8:6 I have listened attentively, but they do not say what is right. None of them repent of their wickedness, saying, “What have I done?” Each pursues their own course like a horse charging into battle.

Ezekiel 18:30 “Therefore, you Israelites, I will judge each of you according to your own ways, declares the Sovereign Lord. Repent! Turn away from all your offenses; then sin will not be your downfall.

Revelation 16:10 The fifth angel poured out his bowl on the throne of the beast, and its kingdom was plunged into darkness. People gnawed their tongues in agony

Revelation 16:11 and cursed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, but they refused to repent of what they had done.

Revelation 2:5 Consider how far you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first. If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place.

2 Corinthians 12:21 I am afraid that when I come again my God will humble me before you, and I will be grieved over many who have sinned earlier and have not repented of the impurity, sexual sin and debauchery in which they have indulged.
Hi GT yep I know, I said that in my post after, we are to repent of our sins, that's what i believe that Jesus is telling us to do. I'm just trying to see what Truster believes Jesus means when he tells us to repent. Seeing as I am in complete ignorance apparently!

Truster

Hi GT yep I know, I said that in my post after, we are to repent of our sins, that's what i believe that Jesus is telling us to do. I'm just trying to see what Truster believes Jesus means when he tells us to repent.

One more time then.

You're called to trust, but you can't.

You are called to repent, but you can't

You are called to be holy, but you can't.

The reason you are called to do the impossible is to humble you, but instead of being humbled, you fill with pride and insist you have done everything required by the exercise of your will.

God's Truth

Hi GT yep I know, I said that in my post after, we are to repent of our sins, that's what i believe that Jesus is telling us to do. I'm just trying to see what Truster believes Jesus means when he tells us to repent. Seeing as I am in complete ignorance apparently!

I knew you knew, but thought since I took my time to get all these scriptures together, you might like having them handy to rebuke him with them.

glorydaz

Repent of SINS.

A change of mind...from unbelief to belief.

The right side of the cross....repentance TOWARD GOD.

Acts 20:21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.​

God's UNtruth would have man looking back like Lot's wife did....didn't work out for her, did it?

marhig

One more time then.

You're called to trust and you can't.

You are called to repent and you can't

You are called to be holy and you can't.

The reason you are called to do the impossible is to humble you, but instead of being humbled, you fill with pride and insist you have done everything required by the exercise of your will.
Yet again, no clear answer,

So again, what did Jesus mean when he told us to repent?

It's a simple question?

marhig

Acts 20:21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.​

God's UNtruth would have man looking back like Lot's wife did....didn't work out for her, did it?
If we change our mind then surely we should be regretting living wrong and turn from our sins!

When Jesus told us to repent, he meant that we are to turn from our sins. And live by the will of God!

Truster

Yet again, no clear answer,

So again, what did Jesus mean when he told us to repent?

It's a simple question?

The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of Elohim but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.

PS The Spirit has written and in what He has written is the meaning. The meaning is only revealed, by the Spirit, to those that have the Spirit.

God's Truth

I gave you many scriptures from the risen Lord that says repent is of SINS.

As for you saying the wrong side of the cross, tell me where in the Bible it says that, or admit you make up things not in the scriptures.

ClimateSanity

One more time then.

You're called to trust, but you can't.

You are called to repent, but you can't

You are called to be holy, but you can't.

That is the answer why we are told to do what we cannot do.

Sent from my XT1254 using TOL mobile app

marhig

The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of Elohim but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.
So again, you can't answer, so you go all around the world. Just like you did with the question of the heart, and everything else you criticise others as not knowing and being ignorant of and saying they are wicked when they explain what they believe it means after you ask them. Yet you can't explain what it means yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.