The long nightmare has just begun: Inauguration of a fraud.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
we have members who keep track of everything anybody has ever said or done or thought
Not really the case, though SD has a website full of the writings of people she doesn't care for around here and doser keeps me in his signature line and creates whole threads dedicated to my postings, along with the following me about apparently hoping for some error, slight as it might be (the last being my use of pour over instead of pore over, which was inadvertently helpful) so he can smack his pate and lament.

I wonder if that habit might be the root of his trouble. :think:

Eeset tried to change the fault of her conduct and place it at Sherman's feet. That wasn't fair or honest. The demonstrable fact of the matter is that most of her benchings were given to her by the old guard, not the new. And they weren't misunderstandings, as a plain reading of her own words set out readily enough.

People who attempt to reinvent history rarely enjoy it when a record of the actual is presented, so they almost always attempt to shift the focus, play a shell game of sorts. I don't think it really works out well for them in the end. It hasn't here.

Reactions: Lon

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
File the addition (bold) after my last post as another keen bit of hindsighting. :eek:
we have members who keep track of everything anybody has ever said or done or thought
The problem being, as I noted, that to the extent it could be said to be true it was and remains true of him, if mostly in relation to me.

Anyway, after he read that he did what you might expect. He revised history after a fashion adding:
the most egregious always deny it, of course
:chuckle:
Now the truth is that two types of person deny a thing: the innocent and the guilty. The truth on the point can be found in the objective facts. I've noted them and absent factual contravention they speak for themselves.

Hi again....
This aspect of TOL really surprises me.
I belong to other forums, cycling, shooting, religion etc..... and they all have very strict rules that ban any discussion of or even reference to mod decisions. Everybody just piles in hdere.... that's strange.
If you have a subscription you have access to the Woodshed, where you can view complaints and actions in relation to it. The only real prohibition involves being disrespectful to the mods. Some people come back from bannings better for it. Some come back complaining until they push the envelope too far and back on the bench they go.

But other sites do have a statute of limitations and after a time old warnings, infractions, etc just eliminate themselves.
The impact of them does here too, though you'll keep a notice on your profile page.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Eeset tried to change the fault of her conduct and place it at Sherman's feet. That wasn't fair or honest. The demonstrable fact of the matter is that most of her benchings were given to her by the old guard, not the new. And they weren't misunderstandings, as a plain reading of her own words set out readily enough.
To quote an elected official, "You lie". I was responding to a remark about being beat into submission which is also blatantly false.

I notice that your behavior has changed over time. How do you account for that?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
To quote an elected official, "You lie".
No, and the difference between the quality of our disparate claims is that mine is founded and presentable in the facts that can and have been set out. Your claims die in the sound you make to form them.

I was responding to a remark about being beat into submission which is also blatantly false.
I read the prompt. That's his call. Mine doesn't rest on more than the clear and present fact, again. And that's you trying to take a subjective (and half hearted) jab by PJ and turn it into a water muddying shield.

I notice that your behavior has changed over time.
That's true. For a very long time I felt people were mostly the same in fundamentals--seeing things rightly or wrongly from a desire to see them clearly, a misplaced or misguided earnestness. I believed our differences were largely contextual.

This place became an education in the error of that thought.

How do you account for that?
Time. For the most part it has been liberating.

Reactions: Lon

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
To quote an elected official, "You lie". I was responding to a remark about being beat into submission which is also blatantly false.

I notice that your behavior has changed over time. How do you account for that?
I was kidding and using strong words for humor, I didn't mean anything by it and I wasn't trying to take a jab at you. You have been quiet for quite awhile though. I'm sorry E

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Nah, It's the smell of your MANY shortcomings in life.
I wouldn't call your posts a shortcoming...though they definitely qualify under the "many" brand.

Hey, did you know you are the second most "thanked" around here? Over 23k for you.

I wonder what the number would be if you excluded Tam's contributions to your total. :think: Would have to be at least a hundred, even then. Of course if they let us thank ourselves you'd probably double that inside a week.

:poly:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I wouldn't call your posts a shortcoming...though they definitely qualify under the "many" brand.

Hey, did you know you are the second most "thanked" around here? Over 23k for you.

I wonder what the number would be if you excluded Tam's contributions to your total. :think: Would have to be at least a hundred, even then. Of course if they let us thank ourselves you'd probably double that inside a week.

:poly:

Do I see some "JEALOUSY" emanating from your weakened ego?

Lon

OK, I concede that point. I still miss BillyBob :)

He gave you the wrong kind of attention. That you crave is you still in the concerns of the flesh.

You don't need, nor should you desire that kind of attention. It actually makes you less of a person and reduces you to a mere tent.

The Pharisees were white-washed tombs (pretty on the outside, admired on the outside, dead underneath). Don't be a white-washed tomb. Find out what the Lord Jesus Christ admires about you and seek that. -Lon