Take Down the Bird Feeder!

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I have lots and lots of people on ignore, they're merely the latest additions to the club of mindless idiots who aren't worth my time. A club they're proud to be members of. Good riddance.
See, that's the very thing I noted about you that's problematic.

I'm fed up with liberals.
It really comes through. That and the odd right wing habit of simply labeling everyone that gets under their skin and doesn't toe their particular ideological line, in every respect, a liberal, so they can dismiss what they won't meet in a more deliberate manner.

What passes for a "liberal" today would have been considered an enemy of the state when I was growing up.
Would a black man have passed for a voter when you were growing up? Or, appeals to tradition aren't always golden.

I'm done with them. I am not interested in discussing anything with them. Their minds do not work.
Were that true (and I believe you know it isn't) you'd be about as nonplussed by the effort as I am debating race with Trad or misogyny with Cruc.

If they thought it was conservative to think the sky is blue, they'd oppose it and NOTHING anyone could say would move them an inch and I wouldn't trust their conversion if one of them happened to claim to have been convinced of anything.
Now that's a good reason not to engage, if not entirely for the reason you'd think. If you find discourse with someone leads you to actually thinking what you wrote is true, it doesn't matter if it's true or not. It's not for you.

From now on, I simply refuse to debate any of them about anything anymore. I'll post the truth and they can be convinced or not, I genuinely do not care.
The only danger in that, and it's substantial, is in beginning with a two part premise. Part one is, "I always possess the truth" and part two is, "They're always willfully wrong and their opinions to the contrary or in agreement are worthless". I'm not suggesting anyone enter an argument thinking they have it wrong, but you're taking confidence to a contempt filled level that rarely leads to anything good. In fact, it already so demonstrably distorts your thinking that you're comfortable saying something no Christian should ever say when they have a moment to reflect on the temper that sponsored it. Here it comes:

In fact, I think I'd actually prefer they not be convinced. I want to laugh at them on judgment day.
That's...tragic. Unless you outgrow it, putting me on ignore is the least of my worries.

And in the meantime I'll go back to mostly not reading your attempts to...blog? :plain:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
misogyny with Cruc.

Feminists lie about the wage gap and college rape, and then they scrutinize men on those lies.
But then when they are scrutinized, they say it's about 'equality'.

Give me a break.

They are all sexists. FEMinism is not what it ever may have been. They don't care about men, and you're an idiot for caring about something that is against you :)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Feminists lie about the wage gap and college rape, and then they scrutinize men on those lies.
Forbes and a great many studies disagree with you on the first point, I've presented authority from a number of reliable sources to rebut you on college rape, including the FBI...and the last part is just the cherry on the top of your misogynistic, hostile cake that can't be swallowed by the rational.

That's not misogyny,
Again, you're a bit like the woman who called the president's wife "monkey face" before declaring that she wasn't racist.

And she probably convinced herself that she was telling the truth...but the truth she was telling was against her resolve.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Forbes and a great many studies disagree with you on the first point, I've presented authority from a number of reliable sources to rebut you on college rape, including the FBI...and the last part is just the cherry on the top of your misogynistic, hostile cake that can't be swallowed by the rational.

The wage gap is debunked, has been debunked, and will always be debunked. The simple fact is that magazines or wherever you go to, you're going to see the same recycled claims. It's a lie, come to terms with it hombre.

And
The 1 in 5 rapes on campuses is an even bigger, more outrageous lie that's been debunked. It's perpetuation has been through Barry O, if you would ever take the time to look into things rather than looking at whatever statistic obscures the truth the most :chuckle:

You're a victim of liberal propaganda.

Again, you're a bit like the woman who called the president's wife "monkey face" before declaring that she wasn't racist.

If she was white and someone called her a yeti, nobody would be calling it racist.

The woman is built like broadly carved mannequin.

And she probably convinced herself that she was telling the truth..

Feminism 101

Arthur Brain

I have lots and lots of people on ignore, they're merely the latest additions to the club of mindless idiots who aren't worth my time. A club they're proud to be members of. Good riddance.

I'm fed up with liberals. What passes for a "liberal" today would have been considered an enemy of the state when I was growing up. I'm done with them. I am not interested in discussing anything with them. Their minds do not work. If they thought it was conservative to think the sky is blue, they'd oppose it and NOTHING anyone could say would move them an inch and I wouldn't trust their conversion if one of them happened to claim to have been convinced of anything.

From now on, I simply refuse to debate any of them about anything anymore. I'll post the truth and they can be convinced or not, I genuinely do not care. In fact, I think I'd actually prefer they not be convinced. I want to laugh at them on judgment day.

This says more about your own personality and state of mind than anything else unfortunately. You were met with reasoned points to a flawed analogy in your OP and you get this out of shape over it? You don't have a monopoly on the truth and it seems like you're another in a line of far right wingers/theocrats that have more bile than anything approaching love in them.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The wage gap is debunked, has been debunked, and will always be debunked.
See: Women Are Still Paid Less Then Men - Even in the Same Job, Forbes, March 31, 2016 (link)

Here's a good article in the Washington Post addressing a lot of the attempts to counter: It's 2016 and Women Still Make Less For Doing the Same Work as Men, (link) https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-the-same-work-as-men/?utm_term=.a31ec10864c6 March 8, 2016. It has links to studies within it.

From the piece:
Over the years, a raft of studies have opened windows into unconscious bias. Consider the men and women negotiating for higher pay in one famous 2005 report: They used the same words, but the men were seen as confident, while the women came off as pushy. Or the biology students in a 2016 study: The male students were ranked by their peers as the most knowledgeable, while the female students with the same grades were largely overlooked. Or the female musicians in research from 1997: Women auditioned with more success when their gender was concealed.

The simple fact is that magazines or wherever you go to, you're going to see the same recycled claims. It's a lie, come to terms with it hombre.
So on the one hand I have you, with a history of inventing facts and dodging support and on the other hand I have Forbes...It's a tough call, but I'm going with Forbes, the Post and any number of serious, peer reviewed studies on the point some of which are directly noted and linked to within the articles.

And
The 1 in 5 rapes on campuses is an even bigger, more outrageous lie that's been debunked.
Answered prior. I'll go back and find the links and post so I don't have to keep reinventing the wheel to remind people how essentially dishonest and repetitive your trolling is.

If she was white and someone called her a yeti, nobody would be calling it racist.
Likely because, unlike the actual history and treatment of blacks, disparaged as apes, etc., there's no linkage or dehumanizing history associated with the empowered majority in this nation.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
See: Women Are Still Paid Less Then Men - Even in the Same Job, Forbes, March 31, 2016 (link)

Here's a good article in the Washington Post addressing a lot of the attempts to counter: It's 2016 and Women Still Make Less For Doing the Same Work as Men, (link) https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-the-same-work-as-men/?utm_term=.a31ec10864c6 March 8, 2016. It has links to studies within it.

From the piece:
Over the years, a raft of studies have opened windows into unconscious bias. Consider the men and women negotiating for higher pay in one famous 2005 report: They used the same words, but the men were seen as confident, while the women came off as pushy. Or the biology students in a 2016 study: The male students were ranked by their peers as the most knowledgeable, while the female students with the same grades were largely overlooked. Or the female musicians in research from 1997: Women auditioned with more success when their gender was concealed.

Men do better than women in careers because every trade is a brainchild of men- women didn't create industry, science, law, and so on. A man's brain tinkers, a woman's brain memorizes- that's why women are typically so-so and men tend to excel.

That's just science, Broseph.

Women are paid by the quality of their work the same as men.

I've brought up that the myth is recycled over and over, despite anything. Here's a little awakening for you:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/karinag...uy-into-the-gender-pay-gap-myth/#5663a7eb4766

:plain:

:chuckle:

Alate_One

Men do better than women in careers because every trade is a brainchild of men- women didn't create industry, science, law, and so on. A man's brain tinkers, a woman's brain memorizes- that's why women are typically so-so and men tend to excel.
Except for people like Barbara McClintock, Marie Curie, Rosalyn Franklin among others. McClintock especially stands out as her male colleagues couldn't even understand her research until decades later.

ALL human brains find it easier to memorize than to "tinker", as someone that has taught at the college level for 10 years I can tell you that. And the students that are able to apply their knowledge, rather than just regurgitate, have been far more females than males in my experience. Of course more females than males are completing undergraduate and advanced degrees these days anyway. So your ideas are "quaint" to say it mildly.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Except for people like Barbara McClintock, Marie Curie, Rosalyn Franklin among others. McClintock especially stands out as her male colleagues couldn't even understand her research until decades later. ALL human brains find it easier to memorize than to "tinker", as someone that has taught at the college level for 10 years I can tell you that. And the students that are able to apply their knowledge, rather than just regurgitate, have been far more females than males in my experience. Of course more females than males are completing undergraduate and advanced degrees these days anyway[/URL]. So your ideas are "quaint" to say it mildly.

Darwinists love anecdotes in response to generalizations. It's an easy fallacy that prompts another side argument for them to wander further from the truth that they hate.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
This says more about your own personality and state of mind than anything else unfortunately. You were met with reasoned points to a flawed analogy in your OP and you get this out of shape over it? You don't have a monopoly on the truth and it seems like you're another in a line of far right wingers/theocrats that have more bile than anything approaching love in them.
You're a blind idiot.

Welcome to my ignore list.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Here's OP again.

I bought a bird feeder. I hung It on my back porch and filled It with seed. What a beauty of a bird feeder it was, as I filled it, lovingly with seed. Within a week we had hundreds of birds taking advantage of the continuous flow of free and easily accessible food.

But then the birds started building nests in the boards of the patio, above the table, and next to the barbecue.

Then came the poop. It was everywhere: on the patio tile, the chairs, the table…. Everywhere!

Then some of the birds turned mean. They would dive bomb me and try to peck me even though I had fed them out of my own pocket.

And other birds were boisterous and loud. They sat on the feeder and squawked and screamed at all hours of the day and night and demanded that I fill it when it got low on food.

After a while, I couldn’t even sit on my own back porch anymore. So I took down the bird feeder and in three days the birds were gone. I cleaned up their mess and took down the many nests they had built all over the patio.

Soon, the back yard was like it used to be ….. Quiet, serene…. And no one demanding their rights to a free meal.

====

Now let’s see. Our government gives out free food, subsidized housing, free medical care and free education, and allows anyone born here to be an automatic citizen.

Then the illegals came by the tens of thousands. Suddenly our taxes went up to pay for free services; small apartments are housing 5 families; you have to wait 6 hours to be seen by an emergency room doctor; your child’s second grade class is behind other schools because over half the class doesn’t speak English.

Corn flakes now come in a bilingual box; I have to ‘press one ‘ to hear my bank talk to me in English, and people waving flags other than ‘Old Glory’ are squawking and screaming in the streets, demanding more rights and free liberties.

Just my opinion, but maybe it’s time for the government to take down the bird feeder.

If you agree, pass it on; if not, just continue cleaning up the poop.

Maxine

View attachment 25139

Notice how widely the Darwinists have wandered from the obvious lesson being taught in their desperation to have the conversation be about anything but the truth.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

Arthur Brain

Here's OP again.

Notice how widely the Darwinists have wandered from the obvious lesson being taught in their desperation to have the conversation be about anything but the truth.

Why are you blabbering on about 'Darwinism'? This isn't a creation/evolution thread doofus. Seriously, get a new mantra. Nobody's been desperate to wander from the *point* of the thread whatsoever, heck, TH systematically took the OP apart piece by piece, not that you'd be objective enough to acknowledge his rebuttal even if you disagreed with it. If anything you're the one wandering away from the issue by bringing up an irrelevant sidebar about evolution.

Get a grip dude.

:thumb:

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why are you blabbering on about 'Darwinism'? This isn't a creation/evolution thread doofus. Seriously, get a new mantra. Nobody's been desperate to wander from the *point* of the thread whatsoever, heck, TH systematically took the OP apart piece by piece, not that you'd be objective enough to acknowledge his rebuttal even if you disagreed with it. If anything you're the one wandering away from the issue by bringing up an irrelevant sidebar about evolution. Get a grip dude. :thumb:

See what I mean? :idunno: