ECT Grace is unconditional but not universal

Status
Not open for further replies.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Yes, Christ is the light. Problem is, we have no switch with which to turn His light (faith) on.

Only Christ can provide and turn on the light (faith, trust, and assent to the Gospel) that pleases God.

And that light is turned on, strictly by the power, and will of God.
The glorious gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) is the light (2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV, 2 Timothy 1:10 KJV). Those who believe not (they've heard it, but reject it) are blinded and see an artificial light (2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV, 2 Corinthians 11:13-15 KJV).

The righteousness of God which is by the faith of Jesus Christ is unto all and upon all them that believe (Romans 3:21-22 KJV) as God will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth (1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV).

heir

TOL Subscriber
Jesus Christ bestows faith to believe, only by His grace. Such faith is the gift of God.
Oh noes! God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith! What's a superlapsarianist to do?!

Romans 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

heir

TOL Subscriber
I believe that we can lose that position in Christ, we can turn away.
Those who have trusted the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth, the gospel of our salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV); are saved and sealed! Nothing can touch our salvation!

Romans 8:38-39 KJV, Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV

heir

TOL Subscriber
As James put it, as a dog returning to its own vomit and a sow wallowing in the mire. We to can turn back to the world and lose our place. Judas is a good example of this. One of the twelve chosen apostles who lost his place because of his lusts for the world.
James is not talking to you James 1:1 KJV. The sooner you recognize that Paul is speaking to you(Romans 11:13 KJV) the more excellent your understanding will be (Philippians 1:9-10 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:7-8 KJV).

Cross Reference

Yes, Christ is the light. Problem is, we have no switch with which to turn His light (faith) on.

Only Christ can provide and turn on the light (faith, trust, and assent to the Gospel) that pleases God.

And that light is turned on, strictly by the power, and will of God.

Which act proves to be the grace of God that saves.

And that is the very message of my OP.

Amen.

No "amen" from me.

Jesus was the Word of God made manifesst in Human flesh that was revealed by the living out the very substance of the expression of God. This He did by the work of the Holy Ghost within His human flesh. . . that overcame the world!

The fact Jesus was not received by His own was NOT by the will of God! God does NOT function that way unless he first turns one over to reprobation which, in that condition, no man can receive of God. Being a decree of God, it is an irreversible action, even by God Himself. So if you are waiting for faith to believe for salvation, forget it! You got all you are ever going to get. "Stiff necked people" go no where in God and need to be warned concerning reprobation. Many on this forum need to have their necks broken.

marhig

Serving God is not salvation. Salvation is not by works (Titus 3:4-7 KJV) There is no such baptism. No, if Christ be not risen, ye are yet in your sins 1 Corinthians 15:17 KJV), but He is and for what (Romans 4:25 KJV)?You're not crucified with Christ Galatians 2:20-21 KJV)? He meanst what He said and to whom He said it (Matthew 15:24 KJV). That's not us!Then get saved and serve!Who was James talking to? James 1:1 KJV is not us!

God works on our heart, and we should be obeying him and carrying those works out in our lives, denying the flesh and Christ should be living through us. and if we are truly following Jesus and obeying God, then we will be producing the fruits of the spirit outwardly.

it says in Revelation 20

And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

:nono:

We are forgiven all trespasses (Colossians 2:13 KJV)!
I'm sorry I don't agree with you, I'll go over your posts later when I get time. by the way, there is a baptism of spirit

Mark 1

I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost.

Without the baptism of the spirit within are dead to God. Because without it, we can't have the holy spirit dwelling within, without the spirit we are dead on our sins. It is the spirit that brings life, and it's the spirit that puts us to death.

Cross Reference

The point is and stands: Peter did not preach Paul's gospel! Acts 2:38 KJV does not equal 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV!

Point stands you are wrong. They both preached the cross. The understandoing of grace as you have recieved it, is of man NOT God. Gets His understanding if you want to move on in Him.

Cross Reference

Serving God is not salvation. Salvation is not by works (Titus 3:4-7 KJV) There is no such baptism. No, if Christ be not risen, ye are yet in your sins 1 Corinthians 15:17 KJV), but He is and for what (Romans 4:25 KJV)?You're not crucified with Christ Galatians 2:20-21 KJV)? He meanst what He said and to whom He said it (Matthew 15:24 KJV). That's not us!Then get saved and serve!Who was James talking to? James 1:1 KJV is not us!

I'm sorry I don't agree with you, I'll go over your posts later when I get time. by the way, there is a baptism of spirit

Mark 1

I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost.

Without the baptism of the spirit within are dead to God. Because without it, we can't have the holy spirit dwelling within, without the spirit we are dead on our sins. It is the spirit that brings life, and it's the spirit that puts us to death.

There are only (3) manisestations of the holy Spirit. Only one is a baptism and not unto salvation. Do you know them?

Cross Reference

Those who have trusted the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth, the gospel of our salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV); are saved and sealed! Nothing can touch our salvation!

Romans 8:38-39 KJV, Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV

That is foolish thinking. Your will is greater than God's when it comes to the question who is leading your life, you of God? Think about you resist His leadings by vanity that is yet to be overcome in your life..

Cross Reference

Paul preached the gospel of God in the synagogue and the gospel of Christ (the gospel of Christ having been before a mystery Romans 16:25-27 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV).

WHat scriptures did Paul use to preach his gospel of Christ either to the Jews or Gentiles? Were they different scriptures?

heir

TOL Subscriber
I'm sorry I don't agree with you, I'll go over your posts later when I get time.
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable...(2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV). It means what it says, as it says it and to whom it says it. It's all written FOR our learning (Romans 15:4 KJV), but it's not ALL written TO us or about us. Paul is the chosen vessel of the Lord where we are concerned given the dispensation of the grace of God to us-ward (Ephesians 3:1-6 KJV). We follow him in doctrine (1 Corinthians 4:15-16 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:2 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:7-8 KJV). Until you do, you will be tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine (Ephesians 4:14 KJV). You might as well build on a wise master builder's foundation (assuming you're saved 1 Corinthians 3:10-15 KJV).

by the way, there is a baptism of spirit

Mark 1

It does not say of, but with and the Lord Jesus Christ, the baptizer (Mark 1:8 KJV, Matthew 3:11 KJV).

There is but one baptism for the believer today and it's not by water or by the Lord Jesus Christ. It's by one Spirit into one Body!

1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

When one trusts the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth (1 Corinthians 15:1-4) they are baptized by one Spirit in to one Body (1 Corinthians 12:13).

It is a baptism (identification) into Christ's death,

Romans 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

It's a Spirit baptism into Christ,

Galatians 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

It is the one baptism of Ephesians 4 that we are to endevour to keep.

Ephesians 4:1 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, 2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; 3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; 5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Point stands you are wrong. They both preached the cross. The understandoing of grace as you have recieved it, is of man NOT God. Gets His understanding if you want to move on in Him.

Please show at Pentecost where Peter preached "that Christ died for our sins". I'll wait...

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The point is and stands: Peter did not preach Paul's gospel! Acts 2:38 KJV does not equal 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV!

Wrong!

The word "gospel" means "good news".

What you are attempting to do is claim the "good news" Peter preached was not really "good news" because it was different than the "good news" Paul preached.

You are trying to make Peter's "good news" bad news.

heir

TOL Subscriber
That is foolish thinking. Your will is greater than God's when it comes to the question who is leading your life, you of God? Think about you resist His leadings by vanity that is yet to be overcome in your life..
Our salvation cannot be touched. You have a problem with eternal security of the believer? Take it up with the Lord!

2 Timothy 2:13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.