ECT They Will Not Receive Thy Testimony: Acts 22: 17-21

glorydaz

I promised to pay rent each month without fail.

How many months can I skip?

Or does without fail mean without fail?

"I promised David your father, saying, 'You shall not fail to have a man on the throne of Israel.'"

Oh, did the promise include no interruptions.....a continuous unbroken rule? If so, who was sitting on the throne of David before Christ was born?

Danoh

I promised to pay rent each month without fail.

How many months can I skip?

Or does without fail mean without fail?

"I promised David your father, saying, 'You shall not fail to have a man on the throne of Israel.'"

Poor argument on your part - your example has a specific time stamp on it.

In contrast...

Acts 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

Nevertheless, Romans 5:8 towards you, jamie. :)

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
How come Jesus doesn't know that?

"To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne." (Revelation 3:21)

"When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory." (Matthew 25:31)

He knows that, how come you dont?

Psalm 45:6
Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of uprightness is the scepter of Your kingdom.

Hebrews 1:8 But unto the Son He saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
He knows that, how come you dont?

Psalm 45:6
Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of uprightness is the scepter of Your kingdom.

Hebrews 1:8 But unto the Son He saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Christ is not yet sitting on David's throne.

Christ is presently sitting on the Father's throne.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Oh, did the promise include no interruptions.....a continuous unbroken rule? If so, who was sitting on the throne of David before Christ was born?

Without fail means what?

who was sitting on the throne of David before Christ was born?

David, et al.

David reigned over a united kingdom.

Jereboam reigned over the house of Israel after the split.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Christ is not yet sitting on David's throne.

Christ is presently sitting on the Father's throne.

In other words, Christ is on the throne, and Christ came from the line of David, and there is both a physical and a spiritual application, the spiritual application is and has always been fulfilled.

Now, tell me like another asked you, what man currently sits on Davids throne and what man was on it when Christ was here on earth?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Now, tell me like another asked you, what man currently sits on Davids throne and what man was on it when Christ was here on earth?

"The Herods who followed were under the control of Rome. Herod the Great, son of Antipater of Idumaea, was made king of Judaea, having sided with Rome, and he ruled with Roman favour (37–4 bc). Though he was a good statesman and architect, he was hated by the Jews as a foreigner and semi-Jew. Jesus was born a few years before the end of his reign, and “the slaughter of the innocents,” young children of Bethlehem who were killed as possible pretenders to Herod’s throne, was attributed to Herod. After his death, Palestine was divided among three of his sons: Philip was made tetrarch of Iturea (the northeast quarter of the province) and ruled from 4 bc until ad 37. Herod Antipas became tetrarch of Galilee and Peraea until ad 39 and, like his father, was a builder, rebuilding Sepphoris and Tiberias before he was banished. Herod Antipas had John the Baptist beheaded and treated Jesus with contempt at Jesus’ trial before him, before sending him back to Pontius Pilate, the Roman procurator (ad 26–36) at the time of Jesus’ Crucifixion."

https://www.britannica.com/topic/biblical-literature/New-Testament-history#ref598053

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
"The Herods who followed were under the control of Rome. Herod the Great, son of Antipater of Idumaea, was made king of Judaea, having sided with Rome, and he ruled with Roman favour (37–4 bc). Though he was a good statesman and architect, he was hated by the Jews as a foreigner and semi-Jew. Jesus was born a few years before the end of his reign, and “the slaughter of the innocents,” young children of Bethlehem who were killed as possible pretenders to Herod’s throne, was attributed to Herod. After his death, Palestine was divided among three of his sons: Philip was made tetrarch of Iturea (the northeast quarter of the province) and ruled from 4 bc until ad 37. Herod Antipas became tetrarch of Galilee and Peraea until ad 39 and, like his father, was a builder, rebuilding Sepphoris and Tiberias before he was banished. Herod Antipas had John the Baptist beheaded and treated Jesus with contempt at Jesus’ trial before him, before sending him back to Pontius Pilate, the Roman procurator (ad 26–36) at the time of Jesus’ Crucifixion."

https://www.britannica.com/topic/biblical-literature/New-Testament-history#ref598053

Let me know when you can answer my question.

glorydaz

I think you know that doesn't speak of a king on the throne of David. But this does.

2 Samuel 7:12-16
And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom. He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever. I will be his father, and he shall be my son. If he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men: But my mercy shall not depart away from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away before thee. And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established for ever before thee: thy throne shall be established for ever.​

northwye

"Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
31. He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
32. This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
33. Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear." Acts 2: 30-33

"And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to usward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
20. Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
21. Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
22. And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
23. Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all." Ephesians 1: 19-23

Isaiah mentions the Everlasting Covenant seven times, in 42:6; 49:8; 54:10, 55:3, 56:4,6; 59:21, 61:8

"I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;" Isaiah 42: 6

"And they shall be my people, and I will be their God: 39. And I will give them one heart, and one way, that they may fear me for ever, for the good of them, and of their children after them: 40. And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me." Jeremiah 32: 38-40

"A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in My statutes, and ye shall keep My judgments, and do them............Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them...." Ezekiel 36: 26-27. 37:26

Since the Old Covenant was done away with (II Corinthians 3: 7, 3: 11, Hebrews 10: 9), then the covenant which is to be everlasting is the New Covenant. Isaiah 61: 8, supported by Jeremiah 32: 40, Jeremiah 50: 5,Ezekiel 16: 60 and Ezekiel 37: 26.

Hebrews 13: 20-21 talks about The "... blood of the everlasting covenant, make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight" The New Covenant is everlasting, not a temporary "dispensation," which is to give way to another dispensation of law for the people of the physical bloodline in some future time.

Hebrews 7: 22 says "By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament." And Hebrews 8: 6 says "But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises."

The Bible does not say that God will restore Old Covenant Israel and its Old Covenant in any form. The New Covenant is everlasting.