Suicide would be the ultimate expression of free will.

Truster

What we call suicide would be the ultimate expression of free will, but it is not.
A man decides life is not worth living and so seemingly ends his life? I use the term seemingly, because that is what it is.
We know from Job that Satan was given much power over Job, but was warned, ‘’guard his soul’’. If power of death had been granted Satan over Job it would have been 2 chapters and not 42.

I once heard a preacher say that the scriptures are quiet on the matter of suicide and so there was no bar at which to judge the matter. I didn’t trust what he was saying and did a study. He was wrong, there is a bar, and in scripture there was never a suicide or self-destruction.

Not only are the birth and the circumstances into which a man is born predetermined. His life and manner of death is also ruled over and brought to a conclusion. The means of the conclusion are not in the will of man, but rather in the will of the Eternal Almighty.

There are a few men in scripture that wanted Yah Veh to end their lives, but He never fulfilled their desire. What may have seemed to be suicide/self-destruction was destruction by the Almighty.

To remove the Sovereign right of the Creator to fulfill His threat, ‘’thou shalt surely die’’ and prevent Him paying ‘’the wages of sin, which is death’’, by His own hand is to deny Him the Sovereign right to do so.

Payday is not the choice nor decision of the worker of iniquity.

Self-destruction is simply not possible. When the Eternal hands a soul over for destruction there is nothing that can stay His hand. And likewise there is nothing that can force His hand.

When someone dies there is one that has the cause of death in His power. The first cause of life is the paymaster at death.

Destroy and all related words appear 538 times in scripture. If anyone would like to deny the Almighty of His right in destruction I would strongly suggest you first read those verses.

The purpose of this post is to ensure the power and glory, in all matters, are seen and rejoiced in whenever we are witness to His judgments. 1.8 people a second leave time for eternity. The word accident doesn’t appear once in scripture.

The word judge, judgments and all related words appear 759 times and are worth a study.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
What about people with crippling pain and disease that are suffering a long terrible death? Can they choose to have assisted suicide?

Truster

What about people with crippling pain and disease that are suffering a long terrible death? Can they choose to have assisted suicide?

The choice is not theirs.

Deuteronomy 32:39 See now that I myself am He! There is no elohim besides me. I put to death and I bring to life, I have wounded and I will heal, and no one can deliver out of my hand.

1 Samuel 2:6 Yah Veh brings death and makes alive; he brings down to the grave and raises up.

Truster

Lets us not forget the ultimate proof of authority over death:

Revelation 20:14

Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire This is the second death, the lake of fire.

Amen.

Truster

Every second in every minute, in every hour in each and every day 1.8 people leave time and enter eternity.
There are no accidents, no self-destructions no tragedy that is not purposed and sent.

Sickness
disease
illness
ageing
plague
injury

The harbingers of death
that people choose to ignore
in the hope they’ll go away
they never do go away
they inevitably reach
their intended conclusion.

Mankind lives in the fear of death and that is described as bondage.
In Messiah and in Him alone the regenerate are set free from this fear
and the bondage. Hebrews 2:14,15

oatmeal

What we call suicide would be the ultimate expression of free will, but it is not.
A man decides life is not worth living and so seemingly ends his life? I use the term seemingly, because that is what it is.
We know from Job that Satan was given much power over Job, but was warned, ‘’guard his soul’’. If power of death had been granted Satan over Job it would have been 2 chapters and not 42.

I once heard a preacher say that the scriptures are quiet on the matter of suicide and so there was no bar at which to judge the matter. I didn’t trust what he was saying and did a study. He was wrong, there is a bar, and in scripture there was never a suicide or self-destruction.

Not only are the birth and the circumstances into which a man is born predetermined. His life and manner of death is also ruled over and brought to a conclusion. The means of the conclusion are not in the will of man, but rather in the will of the Eternal Almighty.

There are a few men in scripture that wanted Yah Veh to end their lives, but He never fulfilled their desire. What may have seemed to be suicide/self-destruction was destruction by the Almighty.

To remove the Sovereign right of the Creator to fulfill His threat, ‘’thou shalt surely die’’ and prevent Him paying ‘’the wages of sin, which is death’’, by His own hand is to deny Him the Sovereign right to do so.

Payday is not the choice nor decision of the worker of iniquity.

Self-destruction is simply not possible. When the Eternal hands a soul over for destruction there is nothing that can stay His hand. And likewise there is nothing that can force His hand.

When someone dies there is one that has the cause of death in His power. The first cause of life is the paymaster at death.

Destroy and all related words appear 538 times in scripture. If anyone would like to deny the Almighty of His right in destruction I would strongly suggest you first read those verses.

The purpose of this post is to ensure the power and glory, in all matters, are seen and rejoiced in whenever we are witness to His judgments. 1.8 people a second leave time for eternity. The word accident doesn’t appear once in scripture.

The word judge, judgments and all related words appear 759 times and are worth a study.

Where does scripture teach that?

Oh, wait, it doesn't.

Another thread based on personal opinion instead of scripture

Truster

The OP is firmly based on scripture. Those that are familiar with the scriptures and the doctrines contained within, will recognise the truth.

"The natural man does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God. For they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned".

daqq

He stumped himself because by his own words in the opening post he reveals that he sees death as purely physical in nature. It is therefore altogether possible that the walking dead do not know they are dead. Therefore leave the dead to bury their dead.

And one will say, "This message is hidden because daqq is on your ignore list", (lol).

This message is hidden because daqq is on your ignore list.

Because he has no love of the truth.

It is evident who has the truth. :chuckle:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

This is a teaching of the Qur'an, just substitute Allah for the Eternal Almighty.

Paul warns us not to destroy the temple of God (our body).

We are free to choose life or to chose death. Salvation is our choice.

Suicide is sin and the penalty is death.

Truster

This message is hidden because jamie is on your ignore list.

In case you wonder why I don't respond to anything you say it is probably because you have said things in the past that were heretical, vile, derogatory or simply rude. This might have been to me or to others. I then realised that there would be nothing that you have to say that I would want to hear. And that there would be nothing that I can say that you would be able to hear.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
This message is hidden because jamie is on your ignore list.

In case you wonder why I don't respond to anything you say it is probably because you have said things in the past that were heretical, vile, derogatory or simply rude. This might have been to me or to others. I then realised that there would be nothing that you have to say that I would want to hear. And that there would be nothing that I can say that you would be able to hear.
jamie has lots to offer

Arthur Brain

This is a teaching of the Qur'an, just substitute Allah for the Eternal Almighty.

Death would seem to be the aim of people that are committing suicide already...

:plain:

As to the OP then I suppose it comes as a given that children born with cancers are at the sovereign will of God?

Truster

One example of supposed suicide is Saul asking his armorbearer to take his life and when he refused Saul fell on his own sword. Simple deduction then, that Saul committed an act of self-destruction or suicide.

BUT, the actions are clarified in a number of other verses. Just as Job was unaware of what was going on in the eternal realm, so are we, unless scripture illuminates for us and in this case it most certainly does.

1 Samuel 31:4
Then said Saul unto his armourbearer, Draw thy sword, and thrust me through therewith; lest these uncircumcised come and thrust me through, and abuse me. But his armourbearer would not; for he was sore afraid. Therefore Saul took a sword, and fell upon it.

1 Chronicles 10:14
And inquired not of Yah Veh: therefore He slew him, and turned the kingdom unto David the son of Jesse.

2 Samuel 7:15
But my mercy shall not depart away from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away before thee.

Acts 13:22
And when He had removed him (Saul), he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will.

No free will there then.

Truster

Death is the wages of sin and destruction is the means of death.

You are not free in any way, shape or form. " The prince of the power of the air now works in the children of disobedience". Satan has authority over you and that is why you despise the truth.

"Yah Veh shall send upon thee cursing, confusion and rebuke in all that thou extendest thine hand unto for to work, until thou be desolated and until thou destruct suddenly; at the face (because) of the evil of thy exploits, whereby thou hast forsaken me".

Truster

Terror, war, pestilence, earthquakes and plague are instruments for the destruction of the wicked in the hands of the Almighty. He uses the wicked to destroy the wicked. Nobody is safe when He strikes and He never misses a target. “Shall there be evil in the city, and Yah Veh hath not worked it?” “The wages of sin is death”.*