Biblical Flat Enclosed Earth and Firmament

Status
Not open for further replies.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Just as long as you know. I only think it's possible and with some of my interpretations of scripture combined with very strong physical and scientific evidence, I think it could be. I'm about 50-50.

The founder for flat earth “when I first seen the globe in grade school I didn’t believe it then an i doesn’t believer now.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
20 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
10And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

KJV Dictionary Definition: breadth

breadth

BREADTH, n. bredth. The measure or extent of any plain surface from side to side; a geometrical dimension, which,multiplied into the length, constitutes a surface; as,the length of a table is five feet, and the breadth, three; 5x3=15 feet, the whole surface.

http://av1611.com/kjbp/kjv-dictionary/breadth.html

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Psalm 74:12-17 KJV - For God is my King of old, working salvation in the midst of the earth.13 Thou didst divide the sea by thy strength: thou brakest the heads of the dragons in the waters.
14 Thou brakest the heads of leviathan in pieces, and gavest him to be meat to the people inhabiting the wilderness.
15 Thou didst cleave the fountain and the flood: thou driedst up mighty rivers.
16 The day is thine, the night also is thine: thou hast prepared the light and the sun.
17Thou hast set all the borders of the earth: thou hast made summer and winter.

Ecclesiastes 1 KJV - The words of the Preacher, the son of David, king in Jerusalem.

2 Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity.
3 What profit hath a man of all his labour which he taketh under the sun?
4 One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever.
5 The sun also ariseth, and the sun goeth down, and hasteth to his place where he arose.
6 The wind goeth toward the south, and turneth about unto the north; it whirleth about continually, and the wind returneth again according to his circuits.
7 All the rivers run into the sea; yet the sea is not full; unto the place from whence the rivers come, thither they return again.
8 All things are full of labour; man cannot utter it: the eye is not satisfied with seeing, nor the ear filled with hearing.
9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
10 Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.
11 There is no remembrance of former things; neither shall there be any remembrance of things that are to come with those that shall come after.
12 I the Preacher was king over Israel in Jerusalem.
13 And I gave my heart to seek and search out by wisdom concerning all things that are done under heaven: this sore travail hath God given to the sons of man to be exercised therewith.
14 I have seen all the works that are done under the sun; and, behold, all is vanity and vexation of spirit.
15 That which is crooked cannot be made straight: and that which is wanting cannot be numbered.
16 I communed with mine own heart, saying, Lo, I am come to great estate, and have gotten more wisdom than all they that have been before me in Jerusalem: yea, my heart had great experience of wisdom and knowledge.
17 And I gave my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly: I perceived that this also is vexation of spirit.
18For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.

God never says the earth has a circuit or a path or a course or a spin or that earth even moves
God says the sun has a circuit and hastens back to the place where he arose. Never says circuit or path for the earth. What about the Four Corners of the earth, the four quarters of the earth? If the flat enclosed earth model, the earth is at the center, based on the flat earth maps we have, and we think nobody has traveled far beyond the ice wall that surrounds what we call earth, so then we can imagine how far the frozen and unknown land stretches. It could be thousands of miles and doesn't necessarily have to be circular in shape. It could be a circle squared, similar to the image below. In the other image, imagine how much frozen land can extend beyond the circle of the flat inhabitable earth. God stretches out the north over the "empty place" and hangs the earth on nothing. Hangs on nothing could mean the earth doesn't hang at all and if it does it is then hanging suspended IN the firmament in a globe model, but God never says that either. Also, it could be that the North is frozen and empty. Explorers and ships reported 4 rivers coming out around the center of the flat earth, as a pump that sucks water in and pushes water back out. It is described as mysterious and amazing, look up some history on that. So if the sun is a strong man running a race, that means the sun goes around the earth, the center and focus of God's greatest creation. We know the sun has a circuit, but not the earth. God prepared the earth is a tabernacle for the sun and the sun is the bridegroom. Then we also have the sun going TO THE END OF THE HEAVEN. ISN'T THAT 14 BILLION LIGHT YEARS AWAY???!!! In the "circle squared" image, forget about the numbers and the pyramid and instead simply picture the circle squared with earth as we know it is in the center.

Ecclesiastes 1:5-10 KJV - The sun also ariseth, and the sun goeth down, and hasteth to his place where he arose. 6 The wind goeth toward the south, and turneth about unto the north; it whirleth about continually, and the wind returneth again according to his circuits.
7 All the rivers run into the sea; yet the sea is not full; unto the place from whence the rivers come, thither they return again.
8 All things are full of labour; man cannot utter it: the eye is not satisfied with seeing, nor the ear filled with hearing.
9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
10 Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.

Isaiah 14:12-17 KJV - 12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
15Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;
17 That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?

Job 26 KJV - But Job answered and said,
2 How hast thou helped him that is without power? how savest thou the arm that hath no strength?
3 How hast thou counselled him that hath no wisdom? and how hast thou plentifully declared the thing as it is?
4 To whom hast thou uttered words? and whose spirit came from thee?
5 Dead things are formed from under the waters, and the inhabitants thereof.
6 Hell is naked before him, and destruction hath no covering.
7He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing.
8 He bindeth up the waters in his thick clouds; and the cloud is not rent under them.
9 He holdeth back the face of his throne, and spreadeth his cloud upon it.
10 He hath compassed the waters with bounds, until the day and night come to an end.
11 The pillars of heaven tremble and are astonished at his reproof.
12 He divideth the sea with his power, and by his understanding he smiteth through the proud.
13 By his spirit he hath garnished the heavens; his hand hath formed the crooked serpent.
14 Lo, these are parts of his ways: but how little a portion is heard of him? but the thunder of his power who can understand?

Psalm 19:1-7 KJV -
The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

2 Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.
3 There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.
4 Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun,
5 Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race.
6His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it: and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof.
7 The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.

Revelation 20:8-9 KJV -
And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

Revelation 7:1 KJV - And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.

Acts 10:11 KJV - And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending upon him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth:

KJV Dictionary Definition: circuit

circuit

CIRCUIT, n.
1. The act of moving or passing round; as the periodical circuit of the earth round the sun, or of the moon round the earth. (wrong: the sun moves around the earth)
circuiteer

CIRCUITEER, n. One that travels a circuit.
circuition

CIRCUITION, n. The act of going round; compass; circumlocution.
circuitous

CIRCUITOUS, a. Going round in a circuit; not direct; as a circuitous road or course.

CIRCUIT - Definition from the KJV Dictionary - AV1611.Com

322e8fa5a55254486b6bd8f4a538b472.jpg

5ea9f38a2ebbf16e5b3d0e9beb9dd684.jpg

681027240325703517e9ac5afa00cb29.jpg

Last edited:

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Y2K, Prayer of Jabez, Blood Moons, Flat Earth...
“As a result, we are no longer to be children, tossed here and there by waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, by craftiness in deceitful scheming; but speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in all aspects into Him who is the head, even Christ, from whom the whole body, being fitted and held together by what every joint supplies, according to the proper working of each individual part, causes the growth of the body for the building up of itself in love.”
**Ephesians‬ *4:14-16‬ *NASB‬‬

End of thread

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Y2K, Prayer of Jabez, Blood Moons, Flat Earth...
“As a result, we are no longer to be children, tossed here and there by waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, by craftiness in deceitful scheming; but speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in all aspects into Him who is the head, even Christ, from whom the whole body, being fitted and held together by what every joint supplies, according to the proper working of each individual part, causes the growth of the body for the building up of itself in love.”
**Ephesians‬ *4:14-16‬ *NASB‬‬

End of thread

Great, so stay out of the thread. Enjoy the ball you think you live on. Read my post doofus and prove them wrong with scripture if you can.

daqq

God says the sun has a circuit and hastens back to the place where he arose. Never says circuit or path for the earth. What about the Four Corners of the earth, the four quarters of the earth? If the flat enclosed earth is at the center based on the flat earth maps we have, and we think nobody has traveled far beyond the ice wall that surrounds what we call earth, then we can imagine how far the frozen and unknown land stretches. It could be thousands of miles and doesn't necessarily have to be circular in shape. It could be a circle squared, similar to the image below. In the other image, imagine how much frozen land can extend beyond the circle of the flat inhabitable earth. God stretches out the north over the "empty place" and hangs the earth on nothing. Hangs on nothing could mean the earth doesn't hang at all and if it does it is then it could hang suspended IN the firmament, but God never says that either. Also, it could be that the North is frozen and empty. Explorers and ships reported 4 rivers coming out around the center of the flat earth, as a pump that sucks water in and pushes water back out. It is described as mysterious and amazing, look up some history on that. So if the sun is a strong man running a race, that means the sun goes around the earth, the center and focus of God's greatest creation. We know the sun has a circuit, but not the earth. God prepared the earth is a tabernacle for the sun and the sun is the bridegroom. In the "circle squared" image, forget about the numbers and the pyramid and instead simply picture the circle squared with earth as we know it is in the center.

Ecclesiastes 1:5-10 KJV - The sun also ariseth, and the sun goeth down, and hasteth to his place where he arose.6The wind goeth toward the south, and turneth about unto the north; it whirleth about continually, and the wind returneth again according to his circuits.

Isaiah 14:12-17 KJV - 12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;
17 That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?

2 How hast thou helped him that is without power? how savest thou the arm that hath no strength?
3 How hast thou counselled him that hath no wisdom? and how hast thou plentifully declared the thing as it is?
7He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing.
8 He bindeth up the waters in his thick clouds; and the cloud is not rent under them.
10 He hath compassed the waters with bounds, until the day and night come to an end.
12 He divideth the sea with his power, and by his understanding he smiteth through the proud.
13 By his spirit he hath garnished the heavens; his hand hath formed the crooked serpent.
14 Lo, these are parts of his ways: but how little a portion is heard of him? but the thunder of his power who can understand?

Psalm 19:1-7 KJV -
The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

4 Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun,
5 Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race.
6His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it: and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof.
7 The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.

Revelation 20:8-9 KJV -
And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

Revelation 7:1 KJV - And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.

Acts 10:11 KJV - And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending upon him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth:

circuit

CIRCUIT, n.
1. The act of moving or passing round; as the periodical circuit of the earth round the sun, or of the moon round the earth. (wrong: the sun moves around the earth)
circuiteer

circuition

circuitous

CIRCUITOUS, a. Going round in a circuit; not direct; as a circuitous road or course.

The ice wall is circular??? :doh:
Back to the drawing board!!!

Okay, sorry for the slight interruption Patrick, back to regularly scheduled programming. :)

flat-earth.png

Can't we all just get along???

musterion

If flat earth (herein "flearth") were true, it should not be impossible for a determined agency to mount the resources to travel outward in a straight line perpendicular to any point on the "ice wall" and, staying in constant radio contact, keep moving until they come across the great edge of the flearth, overhanging nothing but void. Kind of as Asgard is depicted in the most recent Thor movie...

latest

If someone says "God prevents anyone from approaching The Edge," they've just entered the realm of magic and "here there be dragons." Mythology, in fact. Kinda like Asgard.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
The end all of flat earthers is to deny the infallibility the Bible as we have it today. There is no other reason for the trail of thought generated by Satan. Wait and see.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The end all of flat earthers is to deny the infallibility the Bible as we have it today. There is no other reason for the trail of thought generated by Satan. Wait and see.

Prove my interpretations wrong then, mouth. Don't just troll with brainless one liners. You know your Bible, right? Put up or shut up.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
God says the sun has a circuit and hastens back to the place where he arose. Never says circuit or path for the earth. What about the Four Corners of the earth, the four quarters of the earth? If the flat enclosed earth model, the earth is at the center, based on the flat earth maps we have, and we think nobody has traveled far beyond the ice wall that surrounds what we call earth, so then we can imagine how far the frozen and unknown land stretches. It could be thousands of miles and doesn't necessarily have to be circular in shape. It could be a circle squared, similar to the image below. In the other image, imagine how much frozen land can extend beyond the circle of the flat inhabitable earth. God stretches out the north over the "empty place" and hangs the earth on nothing. Hangs on nothing could mean the earth doesn't hang at all and if it does it is then hanging suspended IN the firmament in a globe model, but God never says that either. Also, it could be that the North is frozen and empty. Explorers and ships reported 4 rivers coming out around the center of the flat earth, as a pump that sucks water in and pushes water back out. It is described as mysterious and amazing, look up some history on that. So if the sun is a strong man running a race, that means the sun goes around the earth, the center and focus of God's greatest creation. We know the sun has a circuit, but not the earth. God prepared the earth as a tabernacle for the sun and the sun is the bridegroom. Then we also have the sun going TO THE END OF THE HEAVEN. ISN'T THAT 14 BILLION LIGHT YEARS AWAY???!!! In the "circle squared" image, forget about the numbers and the pyramid and instead simply picture the circle squared with earth as we know it is in the center.

Ecclesiastes 1:5-10 KJV - The sun also ariseth, and the sun goeth down, and hasteth to his place where he arose.
6 The wind goeth toward the south, and turneth about unto the north; it whirleth about continually, and the wind returneth again according to his circuits.

Isaiah 14:12-17 KJV - 12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
15Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

8He bindeth up the waters in his thick clouds; and the cloud is not rent under them.
13By his spirit he hath garnished the heavens; his hand hath formed the crooked serpent.

Psalm 19:1-7 KJV - The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
5 Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth
as a strong man to run a race.
6 His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it: and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof.7 The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.

Revelation 20:8-9 KJV - And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

circuit
CIRCUIT, n.
circuiteer

circuition

circuitous

The pictures above with circles squared is one possible model for God's flat enclosed earth and firmament. It could explain the Four Corners of the earth and the four quarters of earth. And heaven opening at four corners. The other image is the 60,000 and 70,000 mile recorded journeys of two ship captains and the bases we have around the circle. Nobody knows how far the frozen land beyond the ice wall extends. It could be thousands and thousands of miles and we can't get to the end or the "edge" as it is too far. No safe landing or refueling areas, not enough fuel capacity, weather, temp, the wall, etc. All the rocket launches could be trying to get pictures of the extent of the flattish plane of earth. We have no clues about this planet's true size past the ice that surrounds all the land we know of in a 360 degree circle.

Last edited by a moderator:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Genesis 1:1-23 KJV - In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from
the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.
9 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.
10 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.
11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
13 And the evening and the morning were the third day.
14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
18And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.
19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.
20 And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.
21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
22 And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.
23 And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

Genesis 6:1-6 KJV -
And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
3 And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

UPON - Definition from the KJV Dictionary - AV1611.Com

KJV Dictionary Definition: upon

upon

UPON', prep.
1. Resting or being on the top or surface; as being upon a hill, or upon a rock; upon a field; upon a table; upon a river; upon the altar; upon the roof. He has his coat upon his back; his hat is upon his head.

in
in/
preposition

expressing the situation of something that is or appears to be enclosed or surrounded by something else.

synonyms:inside, within, in the middle of;

KJV Dictionary Definition: face

face

FACE, n. L., to make.
1. In a general sense, the surface of a thing, or the side which presents itself to the view of a spectator; as the face of the earth; the face of the waters.
2. A part of the surface of a thing; or the plane surface of a solid. Thus, a cube or die has six faces an octahedron has eight faces.

God uses words like upon the earth, in the earth, under the heavens, above the earth, upon the face of the earth, on the face of the waters, above the waters, fixed, immovable, established earth on foundations, in the firmament, etc. simple easy to understand words. God rarely says "on the earth", "heavens below" - which is true in a globe world that's flying the through firmament, He never says the earth moves unless it's from God's anger. God never says the earth is surrounded by the firmament on all sides or that the whole firmament is expanding at hundreds and hundreds of MILLIONS of miles per hour.

KJV Dictionary Definition: firmament

firmament

FIRMAMENT, n. ferm'ament. L. firmamentum, from firmus, firmo.
The region of the air; the sky or heavens. In scripture, the word denotes an expanse, a wide extent; for such is the signification of the Hebrew word, coinciding with regio, region, and reach. The original therefore does not convey the sense of solidity, but of stretching, extension; the great arch or expanse over our heads, in which are placed the atmosphere and the clouds, and in which the stars appear to be placed, and are really seen.
And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. Gen. 1:6.
And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament.

Not that God couldn't, because all things are possible with God, but I find it hard to believe that God would create a googol plex of stars, and heavenly bodies that are completely unrelated to mankind and God's greatest creation: mankind and life in the earth. 14 billion light years across (as if they measured), so much "space" that nobody will ever see it, it's useless.

I certainly don't believe God created more advanced life on other "planets" or any life at all anywhere else, even if there's zillions of galaxies and other "universes". Can you see how crazy that kind of thinking is?

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
20 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
10And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

KJV Dictionary Definition: breadth

breadth

BREADTH, n. bredth. The measure or extent of any plain surface from side to side; a geometrical dimension, which,multiplied into the length, constitutes a surface; as,the length of a table is five feet, and the breadth, three; 5x3=15 feet, the whole surface.

http://av1611.com/kjbp/kjv-dictionary/breadth.html
Bump due to a troll

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I have thought a lot about whether or not this subject hurts, damages or causes a rejection of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in any Christians. I don't see that it does, or that it would do that. In my opinion it wouldn't hurt a believer unless they start believing that all conspiracies are true no matter what. I suppose it can be hurtful in other ways to all people in general. It could also reinforce one's faith and belief in God. It could possibly help others to seek God and learn more about God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit through His word. I'm of the opinion that the good outweighs the bad. My life hasn't changed in any way except that I've been reading the Bible a lot more and my faith feels stronger, If others can experience that, or if Jesus Christ uses it to bring others to Him then His will is done in earth as it is in Heaven. I've also learned a bit more about the science many people admire and for some, they actually start worshiping science. Loving the creation more than the Creator.

Believing that an enclosed flat earth and firmament (cosmos) is possible and thinking about it or talking about it generates doubt into one's character and credibility in the eyes of many. I understand that and I knew before I started posting about it. I'm not obsessed with the possibility, but I have been talking about it a lot in the last few weeks. Some people don't like it one bit, but a few seem interested. Eventually, I will stop talking about it and attempting to prove it. I'm still fascinated by it and I continue to remain interested.

Matthew 6:9-13 KJV - After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

Romans 1:20-26 KJV -
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
I have thought a lot about whether or not this subject hurts, damages or causes a rejection of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in any Christians. I don't see that it does, or that it would do that. In my opinion it wouldn't hurt a believer unless they start believing that all conspiracies are true no matter what. I suppose it can be hurtful in other ways to all people in general. It could also reinforce one's faith and belief in God. It could possibly help others to seek God and learn more about God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit through His word. I'm of the opinion that the good outweighs the bad. My life hasn't changed in any way except that I've been reading the Bible a lot more and my faith feels stronger, If others can experience that, or if Jesus Christ uses it to bring others to Him then His will is done in earth as it is in Heaven. I've also learned a bit more about the science many people admire and for some, they actually start worshiping science. Loving the creation more than the Creator.

Believing that an enclosed flat earth and firmament (cosmos) is possible and thinking about it or talking about it generates doubt into one's character and credibility in the eyes of many. I understand that and I knew before I started posting about it. I'm not obsessed with the possibility, but I have been talking about it a lot in the last few weeks. Some people don't like it one bit, but a few seem interested. Eventually, I will stop talking about it and attempting to prove it. I'm still fascinated by it and I continue to remain interested.

Matthew 6:9-13 KJV - After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

Romans 1:20-26 KJV -
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

You’re off the MAD Team you bum. Welcome aboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.