NFL Off Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Former Patriots linebacker Aaron Hernandez is a murderer. He was unjustly in prison for murdering a man over a bag of marijuana. He hung himself in his cell this morning. Just in case you missed SportsCenter this morning when you were drinking your coffee.

I'm glad he is gone.

Jerry Shugart

The ground can't cause a fumble....on a pass play. One can state the rule is bad all day long. Many people do. The NFL officially stated the rule was applied correctly.

If the receiver catches the ball and then makes a football move then it is a catch no matter what happens afterward.

You just ignored what it takes for a pass to be completed:

"Article 3 Completed or Intercepted Pass. A player who makes a catch may advance the ball. A forward pass is complete (by the offense) or intercepted (by the defense) if a player, who is inbounds:

(a) secures control of the ball in his hands or arms prior to the ball touching the ground; and

(b) touches the ground inbounds with both feet or with any part of his body other than his hands; and

(c) maintains control of the ball long enough, after (a) and (b) have been fulfilled, to enable him to perform any act common to the game (i.e., maintaining control long enough to pitch it, pass it, advance with it, or avoid or ward off an opponent, etc.).
"​

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If the receiver catches the ball and then makes a football move then it is a catch no matter what happens afterward.

"Article 3 Completed or Intercepted Pass. A player who makes a catch may advance the ball. A forward pass is complete (by the offense) or intercepted (by the defense) if a player, who is inbounds:

(a) secures control of the ball in his hands or arms prior to the ball touching the ground; and

(b) touches the ground inbounds with both feet or with any part of his body other than his hands; and

(c) maintains control of the ball long enough, after (a) and (b) have been fulfilled, to enable him to perform any act common to the game (i.e., maintaining control long enough to pitch it, pass it, advance with it, or avoid or ward off an opponent, etc.).
"​

The completed pass does not happen without all the conditions being met. The ground cannot cause a fumble.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The NFL responding to questions to this day say that his catch is not an NFL reception.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
NFL Vice President of Officiating Dean Blandino said:
Bryant going to the ground. By rule he must hold onto it throughout entire process of contacting the ground. He didn't so it is incomplete.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am still waiting for your evidence from the NFL Rulebook.

I already did. I'll do it one more time before moving on.

"​

NFL Vice President of Officiating Dean Blandino said:
He didn't so it is incomplete.

Jerry Shugart

I already did. I'll do it one more time before moving on.

He had already made a football move prior to when the ground caused the ball to come lose. Again, before the ground caused the ball to come lose he had already completed all of the steps needed for the play to be ruled a catch.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
NFL.com is reporting former Alabama linebacker Reuben Foster tested positive while not testing positive by means of dilution. He says to test him all they want. He says he was sick and dehydrated and drinking Gatorade. I think this will be much ado about nothing in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.