Two Covenants-(Testaments)-(Laws)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
TWO COVENANTS(TESTAMENTS) OLD TESTAMENT AND NEW TESTAMENT
Gal 4:22-24
22 For it is written that Abraham had two sons: the one by a bondwoman, the other by a freewoman.
23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born according to the flesh, and he of the freewoman through promise,
24 which things are symbolic. For these are the two covenants: the one from Mount Sinai which gives birth to bondage, which is Hagar--
Gal 4:28-5:4
28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are children of promise.
29 But, as he who was born according to the flesh then persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, even so it is now.
30 Nevertheless what does the Scripture say? "Cast out the bondwoman and her son, for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman."
31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman but of the free.
CHAPTER 5
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
Heb 8:6-7
6 But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises.
7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second.
Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
Heb 7:18-19
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
19 for the law made nothing perfect; on the other hand, there is the bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God.
Heb 7:22
22 by so much more Jesus has become a surety of a better covenant.
Heb 9:15-17
15 And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.
16 For where there is a testament, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament is in force after men are dead, since it has no power at all while the testator lives.
Heb 10:9-10
9 then He said, "Behold, I have come to do Your will, O God." He takes away the first that He may establish the second.
10 By that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
Luke 16:16
16 "The law and the prophets were until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it.
(NKJ)
Matt 11:12-13
12 "And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.
13 "For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
2 Cor 3:11-17
11 For if what is passing away was glorious, what remains is much more glorious.
12 Therefore, since we have such hope, we use great boldness of speech--
13 unlike Moses, who put a veil over his face so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the end of what was passing away.
14 But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ.
15 But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart.
16 Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.
17 Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
Gal 4:19-21
19 My little children, for whom I labor in birth again until Christ is formed in you,
20 I would like to be present with you now and to change my tone; for I have doubts about you.
21 Tell me, you who desire to be under the law, do you not hear the law?
Gal 4:25-26
25 for this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia, and corresponds to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children--
26 but the Jerusalem above is free, which is the mother of us all.
Gal 4:27
27 For it is written: "Rejoice, O barren, you who do not bear! Break forth and shout, you who are not in labor! For the desolate has many more children than she who has a husband."
Gal 3:20-23
20 Now a mediator does not mediate for one only, but God is one.
21 Is the law then against the promises of God? Certainly not! For if there had been a law given which could have given life, truly righteousness would have been by the law.
22 But the Scripture has confined all under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.
23 But before faith came, we were kept under guard by the law, kept for the faith which would afterward be revealed.
Gal 4:6-7
6 And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out, "Abba, Father!"
7 Therefore you are no longer a slave but a son, and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.
Gal 3:12
12 Yet the law is not of faith, but "the man who does them shall live by them."
Gal 3:15
15 Brethren, I speak in the manner of men: Though it is only a man's covenant, yet if it is confirmed, no one annuls or adds to it.
Gal 3:17-18
17 And this I say, that the law, which was four hundred and thirty years later, cannot annul the covenant that was confirmed before by God in Christ, that it should make the promise of no effect.
18 For if the inheritance is of the law, it is no longer of promise; but God gave it to Abraham by promise.
Acts 13:39
39 "and by Him everyone who believes is justified from all things from which you could not be justified by the law of Moses.
Luke 22:35-36
35 And He said to them, "When I sent you without money bag, knapsack, and sandals, did you lack anything?" So they said, "Nothing."
36 Then He said to them, "But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one.
Rom 8:13
13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.
Rom 9:30-32
30 What shall we say then? That Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness of faith;
31 but Israel, pursuing the law of righteousness, has not attained to the law of righteousness.
32 Why? Because they did not seek it by faith, but as it were, by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumbling stone.
James 2:10
10 For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all.
Heb 9:22
22 And according to the law almost all things are purified with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no remission.
(NKJ)
xxxx There are two covenants(testaments). Just as Abraham had to send one son away so we have to send one covenant away. You cant let them grow together inside you. One or the other not both. The old testament is the law of sin and death, first covenant. The new testament is the law of Christ second covenant. The reason there is a second covenant, is because there was fault with the first one. Man didnt keep it.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Heb 10:9
9 then He said, "Behold, I have come to do Your will, O God." He takes away the first that He may establish the second.
(NKJ)

Rom 7:4-9
4 Therefore, my brethren, you also have become dead to the law through the body of Christ, that you may be married to another-- to Him who was raised from the dead, that we should bear fruit to God.
5 For when we were in the flesh, the sinful passions which were aroused by the law were at work in our members to bear fruit to death.
6 But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.
7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law. For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, "You shall not covet."
8 But sin, taking opportunity by the commandment, produced in me all manner of evil desire. For apart from the law sin was dead.
9 I was alive once without the law, but when the commandment came, sin revived and I died.
(NKJ)

16 "The law and the prophets were until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it.
(NKJ)

12 "And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.
(NKJ)

Gal 6:2
2 Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
(NKJ)

2 Cor 5:17
17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.
(NKJ)

lol Jesus changed the priesthood,He changed the Law, He annulled the commandments, and He made the covenant obsolete.

Heb 7:11-12
11 Therefore, if perfection were through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need was there that another priest should rise according to the order of Melchizedek, and not be called according to the order of Aaron?
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

Heb 7:18
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
(NKJ)

13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)

Heb 8:10
10 "For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.
(NKJ)

Heb 10:16
16 "This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them,"
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Strongs bible dictionary defines covenant as testament. And testament as covenant.

The KJV translates Strong's G1242 in the following manner: covenant (20x), testament (13x).

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
TWO COVENANTS(TESTAMENTS) OLD TESTAMENT AND NEW TESTAMENT
Gal 4:22-24
22 For it is written that Abraham had two sons: the one by a bondwoman, the other by a freewoman.
23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born according to the flesh, and he of the freewoman through promise,
24 which things are symbolic. For these are the two covenants: the one from Mount Sinai which gives birth to bondage, which is Hagar--
Gal 4:28-5:4
28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are children of promise.
29 But, as he who was born according to the flesh then persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, even so it is now.
30 Nevertheless what does the Scripture say? "Cast out the bondwoman and her son, for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman."
31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman but of the free.
CHAPTER 5
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
Heb 8:6-7
6 But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises.
7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second.
Heb 7:18-19
19 for the law made nothing perfect; on the other hand, there is the bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God.
Heb 7:22
22 by so much more Jesus has become a surety of a better covenant.
Heb 9:15-17
15 And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.
16 For where there is a testament, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament is in force after men are dead, since it has no power at all while the testator lives.
Heb 10:9-10
10 By that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
(NKJ)
2 Cor 3:11-17
11 For if what is passing away was glorious, what remains is much more glorious.
12 Therefore, since we have such hope, we use great boldness of speech--
13 unlike Moses, who put a veil over his face so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the end of what was passing away.
14 But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ.
15 But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart.
16 Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.
17 Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
Gal 4:19-21
19 My little children, for whom I labor in birth again until Christ is formed in you,
20 I would like to be present with you now and to change my tone; for I have doubts about you.
21 Tell me, you who desire to be under the law, do you not hear the law?
Gal 4:25-26
25 for this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia, and corresponds to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children--
26 but the Jerusalem above is free, which is the mother of us all.
Gal 4:27
27 For it is written: "Rejoice, O barren, you who do not bear! Break forth and shout, you who are not in labor! For the desolate has many more children than she who has a husband."
Gal 3:20-23
20 Now a mediator does not mediate for one only, but God is one.
21 Is the law then against the promises of God? Certainly not! For if there had been a law given which could have given life, truly righteousness would have been by the law.
22 But the Scripture has confined all under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.
23 But before faith came, we were kept under guard by the law, kept for the faith which would afterward be revealed.
Gal 4:6-7
6 And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out, "Abba, Father!"
7 Therefore you are no longer a slave but a son, and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.
Gal 3:12
12 Yet the law is not of faith, but "the man who does them shall live by them."
Gal 3:15
15 Brethren, I speak in the manner of men: Though it is only a man's covenant, yet if it is confirmed, no one annuls or adds to it.
Gal 3:17-18
17 And this I say, that the law, which was four hundred and thirty years later, cannot annul the covenant that was confirmed before by God in Christ, that it should make the promise of no effect.
18 For if the inheritance is of the law, it is no longer of promise; but God gave it to Abraham by promise.
Acts 13:39
39 "and by Him everyone who believes is justified from all things from which you could not be justified by the law of Moses.
Luke 22:35-36
35 And He said to them, "When I sent you without money bag, knapsack, and sandals, did you lack anything?" So they said, "Nothing."
36 Then He said to them, "But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one.
Rom 8:13
13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.
Rom 9:30-32
30 What shall we say then? That Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness of faith;
31 but Israel, pursuing the law of righteousness, has not attained to the law of righteousness.
32 Why? Because they did not seek it by faith, but as it were, by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumbling stone.
James 2:10
10 For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all.
Heb 9:22
22 And according to the law almost all things are purified with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no remission.
(NKJ)
xxxx There are two covenants(testaments). Just as Abraham had to send one son away so we have to send one covenant away. You cant let them grow together inside you. One or the other not both. The old testament is the law of sin and death, first covenant. The new testament is the law of Christ second covenant. The reason there is a second covenant, is because there was fault with the first one. Man didnt keep it.

Heb 10:9
(NKJ)

Rom 7:4-9
4 Therefore, my brethren, you also have become dead to the law through the body of Christ, that you may be married to another-- to Him who was raised from the dead, that we should bear fruit to God.
5 For when we were in the flesh, the sinful passions which were aroused by the law were at work in our members to bear fruit to death.
6 But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.
7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law. For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, "You shall not covet."
8 But sin, taking opportunity by the commandment, produced in me all manner of evil desire. For apart from the law sin was dead.
9 I was alive once without the law, but when the commandment came, sin revived and I died.
(NKJ)

(NKJ)

(NKJ)

Gal 6:2
2 Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
(NKJ)

2 Cor 5:17
17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.
(NKJ)

lol Jesus changed the priesthood,He changed the Law, He annulled the commandments, and He made the covenant obsolete.

Heb 7:11-12
11 Therefore, if perfection were through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need was there that another priest should rise according to the order of Melchizedek, and not be called according to the order of Aaron?
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

Heb 7:18
(NKJ)

(NKJ)

Heb 8:10
10 "For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.
(NKJ)

Heb 10:16
16 "This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them,"
(NKJ)

Strongs bible dictionary defines covenant as testament. And testament as covenant.

The KJV translates Strong's G1242 in the following manner: covenant (20x), testament (13x).

Shalom.

Today is Chamishi, 12-21.

Very good Squeaky! Interesting analogy, but good or good scripture to support your point.

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Today is Chamishi, 12-21.

Very good Squeaky! Interesting analogy, but good or good scripture to support your point.

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
That is why I gave you the definition out of strongs dictionary. So you couldn't squirm out of this one.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
Yes as the same definition.

Both the word covenant and the word testament accurately reflect what the word means. They are both seen in usage, representing the word. I do not know that we can do any better.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Both the word covenant and the word testament accurately reflect what the word means. They are both seen in usage, representing the word. I do not know that we can do any better.

I said
lol You have spent the last 9 months trying to convince me they are different.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
lol You have spent the last 9 months trying to convince me they are different.

Shalom.

Incorrect. I don't know what you are talking about. These are two different words. Like I said, they are used interchangeably. That is, sometimes a person says covenant, sometimes testament. They may be saying or referring to the same thing.

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Incorrect. I don't know what you are talking about. These are two different words. Like I said, they are used interchangeably. That is, sometimes a person says covenant, sometimes testament. They may be saying or referring to the same thing.

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
lol It has taken 9 months to get you to admit that. At this rate of teaching you how ignorant you are it will take a life time to just get you out of the milk understanding.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
lol It has taken 9 months to get you to admit that. At this rate of teaching you how ignorant you are it will take a life time to just get you out of the milk understanding.

I am sorry but I am not biting.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I am sorry but I am not biting.

I said
What biting. You spent months telling me the word testament wasn't even in the bible. Until I showed it to you. You spent months telling me that testament and covenant are two different things. What are you doing trying to cover up another one of your lies?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
What biting. You spent months telling me the word testament wasn't even in the bible. Until I showed it to you. You spent months telling me that testament and covenant are two different things. What are you doing trying to cover up another one of your lies?

You are correct that the word testament is in the Bible. I am not trying to cover up a lie.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I don't know.

It is not a dance.

I am not dancing.

I was a springboard diver.

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
lol How in the world did you come up with that?? Two steps does not make a dance or diving. That is another one of them weird answers.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
lol How in the world did you come up with that?? Two steps does not make a dance or diving. That is another one of them weird answers.

Whether or not you take one, two, three, or four steps.

I was a State 1 Meter Springboard Diver for my High School here in Washington State, and a Springboard Diving Instructor.

Shalom.

Jacob